Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,519 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks (1166 Views)

Are Banks Legally Supposed To Charge Parallel Rate For Online Transactions? / Beware Of Wonder Banks, CBN Warns / Banks With Good Interest Rate For Fixed Deposit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks by Chuksgeo: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
Hi Nairalanders,
So we shared some of this family proceed and I was given #2m since I don't have any immediate need of this money, I just want to fix it with a bank.
So guys can you people help me with the best bank that has the best fixing rate say for 1yr.

Please bankers in the house your opiinions and sugestions would be highly appreciated, thanks.
Re: What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks by ITbomb(m): 5:21pm On Apr 10, 2015
Following
Re: What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks by iyatrustee(f): 5:51pm On Apr 10, 2015
2million will give you at most 9 or 9.5percent which is roughly about N15k monthly. By the time withholding tax is deducted, u wld be left with 13k+
Re: What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks by uboma(m): 6:00pm On Apr 10, 2015
iyatrustee:
2million will give you at most 9 or 9.5percent which is roughly about N15k monthly. By the time withholding tax is deducted, u wld be left with 13k+

This will very much depend on the tenor. The longer the tenor, the more interest the FD will yield for him.
Re: What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks by ernie4life(m): 1:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
Chuksgeo:
Hi Nairalanders,
So we shared some of this family proceed and I was given #2m since I don't have any immediate need of this money, I just want to fix it with a bank.
So guys can you people help me with the best bank that has the best fixing rate say for 1yr.

Please bankers in the house your opiinions and sugestions would be highly appreciated, thanks.
my advice is for you to use the cash and buy tbills, 91days it will yield you more than fixing it
Re: What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks by joelreg(m): 3:38pm On Apr 11, 2015
ernie4life:

my advice is for you to use the cash and buy tbills, 91days it will yield you more than fixing it

Best advice so far. But Y 91 day not 365
Re: What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks by ernie4life(m): 3:45pm On Apr 11, 2015
joelreg:

Best advice so far. But Y 91 day not 365

i
91days multiplied by 4 should give you 365days,
now if you buy 91%days consecutively and roll over both your interest and capital, it will yield more than buying 365days straight, am an investment banker and an economist so am very sure of what am saying

1 Like

Re: What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks by Chuksgeo: 1:38pm On Apr 13, 2015
Please how does this tbills work( treasure bills I guess), thank you
Re: What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks by Chuksgeo: 1:41pm On Apr 13, 2015
iyatrustee:
and my sister did I read you correctly, you say 150k monthly? Just curious to know, thanks in anticipation for your answers
Re: What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks by iyatrustee(f): 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2015
Chuksgeo:
and my sister did I read you correctly, you say 150k monthly? Just curious to know, thanks in anticipation for your answers

15K!
Re: What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks by obeteman1: 2:43am On Apr 14, 2015
ernie4life:

i
91days multiplied by 4 should give you 365days,
now if you buy 91%days consecutively and roll over both your interest and capital, it will yield more than buying 365days straight, am an investment banker and an economist so am very sure of what am saying
PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE BILLS. Barnsify76@gmail.com
Re: What Is The Best Fixing Rate I Can Get From Banks by ernie4life(m): 7:15am On Apr 14, 2015
obeteman1:
PLEASE TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE BILLS. Barnsify76@gmail.com

there is a thread on tbills, visit it and you will have all the information you need

(1) (Reply)

New Investment Ventures To Right The Wrongs Of MMM And Ultimate Cycler!!! / Fiverr... Get This Hot Video Now / C24ng Loan Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.