Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,456 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:10 AM

Guides To Learning How To Animate. Simple Dos And Donts Often Diregarded. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Guides To Learning How To Animate. Simple Dos And Donts Often Diregarded. (1135 Views)

Learn To Animate The Right Way, In No Time. / How To Animate A Logo / Learn How To Animate. Become An Animator. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guides To Learning How To Animate. Simple Dos And Donts Often Diregarded. by reidkrugger(m): 6:54pm On Apr 10, 2015
So you've read a lot of books, visited forums and downloaded tons of videos to make you into an animator. You even have a clique and you guys dream about starting your own Pixar Studios but for some reasons, that aint happening anytime soon judging by where you are right now. Even three other of your friends don leave you alone to dream your foolish "animation" dream. Well if you can surmount the talk about dreaming your foolish animation dream then, there is a 60% chance you can pull this off. However, this post will be about the do's and donts wink winkif you are coming this way.

People go into animation for a lot of different reasons. But if your sole reason for going into it is making money such that it beclouds your passion for it then you've gat problems. Kill the money thing for now. It will come when you are ready.

Stop trying to learn all the softwares. Often times, i meet artists and they tell me that they know 26 different softwares and for what? I mean, for me the feat in the long run is incredible just as it is stupid. The key is not the millions of softwares that you know and are most likely doing the same thing. The key is knowing one like you know yourself. Knowing what the basic tools do and what they are for. How to manage scenes, your interface and having a little over broad knowledge about the interface. The BM is a grand car but even the mini has its uses. Maybe not in matching gears.

Watch videos, watch almost everything you come across because everything counts. It's either you'll learn not to use a technique or embrace it. After all we are all in the learning stage, one way or the other. I for one have watched everything on this forum.

This one is important. The business of megabyte. Dude, if this is an issue for you then you'll have a lot of problems reaching your goal of becoming an animator. Megabyte is a problem that should be taken care of pronto. Get a decent data plan and stop crying about megabyte.

Electricity, has same issues with the megabyte thing. And as for a computer, you could start with something in the range of a 4gig ram, core i3 some hard drive space something like 80gig. In all you must own a system and must be able to generate your own power if need be.

Discipline is a must. Animation time is Animation time and cannot be substituted for beer or anything else. Unless of course you plan on learning this forever. And by Animation time, i mean a minimum of eight hours every day. You can do twenty if you can and trust me, you are not the first peradventure you decide to go with this "final answer". However, the curse of insomnia and aging will become associates with you in this new ministry but you are most likely to pull through if you go with all these points so far mentioned. Also, your health may or will deteriorate so i do not really advice you go with this twenty hours a day thing. But if you can, then cool.

Understand this. You'll need more than the nine old men to figure out, how things work here. You'll need more than youtube videos too. The trick is to stay hungry. Always look forward to breaking new grounds and though everybody has a life to live... There has to be a way to measure your success. If you are still where you are after six months modelling cups and spoons and staring at them while your dream is to really animate them, then you haven't achieved jack. Don't let it push you around, hold your ground and push back.

Well, these are some guides to achieving your dream as an Animator, but it would be better for you if you get into a an Animation School, that way, you'll save yourself a lot of time and the stress. Also, feel free to add to these lets see how we can help trash things out for one another

Keep Animating. grin
Re: Guides To Learning How To Animate. Simple Dos And Donts Often Diregarded. by valchris10: 4:32pm On May 21, 2015
Awesome tips...thanks alot. I think i have to up my Animation time ...I'm leaning into Vfx. have an intermediate knowledge of AE, basic photoshop already...moving to Maya, zbrush, n fusion. That should be enough to do all i can imagine in VFX.
Re: Guides To Learning How To Animate. Simple Dos And Donts Often Diregarded. by yungcheda(m): 11:27am On May 22, 2015
Wow...nice. Please the 2guys above that commented, can I have ur contacts?? Mine is 08035532753. Pls let's chat on whatsapp. I need your kinds as pals...
Re: Guides To Learning How To Animate. Simple Dos And Donts Often Diregarded. by reidkrugger(m): 3:16pm On May 22, 2015
valchris10:
Awesome tips...thanks alot. I think i have to up my Animation time ...I'm leaning into Vfx. have an intermediate knowledge of AE, basic photoshop already...moving to Maya, zbrush, n fusion. That should be enough to do all i can imagine in VFX.

Maya up till now is a software i'ld love to dance with but again, recently i've come to see a very close match between it and max so i think i'll stay with max. Now back to your post, the order of learning for you is perfect but if i may suggest, i'ld rather go through zbrush first, then Maya then any other thing. I don't know what fusion does but you really do need intermediate knowledge of Photoshop and AE like you rightly said.
Re: Guides To Learning How To Animate. Simple Dos And Donts Often Diregarded. by reidkrugger(m): 3:20pm On May 22, 2015
yungcheda:
Wow...nice. Please the 2guys above that commented, can I have ur contacts?? Mine is 08035532753. Pls let's chat on whatsapp. I need your kinds as pals...

Ok, mine's 08184850735 and please take it easy on me if i take time replying but would definitely reply.
Re: Guides To Learning How To Animate. Simple Dos And Donts Often Diregarded. by valchris10: 4:10pm On May 23, 2015
Thanks alot...Eyeon Fusion is a node-based composition software. Unlike AE which is layer-based. It has 100s of blockbusters to its credit. I got to learn abt it when i purchased a copy of "Visual Effects for Hollywood Directors" a powerful set of DVDs from Hollywoodcameraworks.us.html
Re: Guides To Learning How To Animate. Simple Dos And Donts Often Diregarded. by valchris10: 4:18pm On May 23, 2015
Maya, Max, C4d does preety much the same job. Mastering one gives u an edge in working with the others...whats needed is knowing how to manuever around the program.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Make Idcards? / How Instagram Is Creating More Jobs For Nigerian Illustrators / Less Than A Month Old Nikon L340 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.