Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,991 members, 7,845,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Korede Bello And Issues With Church Music By Pastor Olusola Fabunmi (opinion) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Korede Bello And Issues With Church Music By Pastor Olusola Fabunmi (opinion) (805 Views)

Korede Bello And Gumsu Sani Abacha Hang Out Together (Photos) / Adebayo Salami "Oga-Bello" And His 18 Children / Don Jazzy And Dbanj Share Passionate Hug In Front Of Korede Bello And Reekado (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Korede Bello And Issues With Church Music By Pastor Olusola Fabunmi (opinion) by famobaba(m): 10:03pm On Apr 10, 2015
This issue has been agitating my mind for some time, having discovered it’s almost becoming a trend in Nigeria Christian community. My answer is very straightforward about the Korede Bello issue.

The bible states very unambiguously and clearly ” Friendship with the world is enmity to God? Whosoever therefore will be friend of the world is enemy of God…” (James 4:4).

For the sake of clarity, please permit me to look at the same scriptures in one or two more versions. Don’t you realize that friendship with the world makes you an enemy of God? I say it again: If you want to be a friend of the world, you make yourself an enemy of God….New Living Translation (NLT). “…Do you not know that being the world’s friend is being God’s enemy? So whoever chooses to be a friend of the world takes his stand as an enemy of God….” (Amplified Bible).

Now I know all scriptures are given by the inspirations of the Holy Ghost and Apostle Peters did say no scriptures is ever of a single personal interpretation. So before some begin to argue that the above text I quoted was talking about adulterers, all scriptures are given by Holy Spirit for interpretation by Him also.

Having said that, Korede Bello is a young man I love personally, and have nothing against him. But it’s written here, that when we chose the way of the world, we have clearly chosen our paths; becoming an enemy of God. Please, there must be a clearly defined boundaries of who sings, and /or ministers in churches. Some of the questions that comes to mind are … Is he born again? Sanctified with the spirit of God and baptized in the Holy Spirit.

Also, let’s ask ourselves, what’s even the purpose of people singing in churches and Christian concerts? Where purpose is lacking, abuse is inevitable writes Francis Wale Oke in his book; The Power of the Holy Spirit. So I believe very strongly that one major purpose of choristers or Psalmists singing is to prepare the minds and hearts of the people for the word of God that is to come shortly; since we see in parable of the sower that the hearts of men is like a soil, and when the seed (which is the word of God) is sown, one of the factors that will determine the level of harvest yielded is the condition of the soil (hearts).

That’s why we have song ministrations to condition solely to prepare the hearts and make it expectant. So if that’s the case, what kind of songs will Korede Bello sing to achieve that? God wins? Sir, going through the book of Ezekiel also reveals that whosoever you listens to matter a lot. Ezekiel said… As he spake to me, behold the spirit enters into me and sets me upon my feet…” (Ezekiel 2:2 & 3:4).

So as singers ministers, even if he sings christian praise and worship songs, what kinds of spirits is he releasing to proliferates the church and lands on....

Follow the rest of the story on the link >>> http://expressng.com/2015/04/korede-bello-and-issues-with-church-music-by-olusola-fabunmi-opinion/

Re: Korede Bello And Issues With Church Music By Pastor Olusola Fabunmi (opinion) by Bola4mi(f): 10:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
Thats true for example immediately someone like korede bello climbs the alter to sing in the church most of the congregation mind will go to dorobucci especiatly the youths.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Want To Live A Quiet Life – Korede Bello / PHOTOS: Man Rides Bike From Ivory Coast To Nigeria / Pics: Gov Emmanuel Uduaghan Commissions 447-metre Flyover In Effurun,delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.