Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

What I Told My Mom At 54 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What I Told My Mom At 54 (446 Views)

Weak Erection: What My Uncle Told Me / MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! / Man In Kwara Cuts Off His Penis Because 3 Women In His Dream Told Him To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Told My Mom At 54 by roughdiamond1: 10:49pm On Apr 10, 2015
For the first time in 2006, I was hospitalized. I can remember with all clarity the hall several of us stayed, with just little spaces in between, our beds were arranged horizontally like what it always seems to be, an overcrowded public hospital.

What I found surprising there was that I was the youngest amidst the other patients. Also was another lady quite older than I was but was still far younger compared to other women in that wing. Flanked beside and opposite me where women with several ‘issues’. Several of them had problems with their urinary tracts and some other kinds of illnesses that ravage women in their older age.

As young as I was, I was sure these women were not older than 60 years. The hall had to be constantly cleaned and mopped with disinfectant because of the uncontrolled pooing and vomiting of these bedridden poor women. I forgot my condition and had to intercede in prayers for my co-patients. One did not even have any choice because they neither let anyone sleep at night with their loud writhing nor allow good fresh air to hover in the room.

I wondered if this was what every woman must go through because of ‘old age’. “Nay”, I objected “there is something that needs to be done”. So what exactly? Both for men and women, as one grows older than 45 years, one’s lifestyle needs to be changed.

It’s best to start earlier at this youthful age but nevertheless at 45 years, change your lifestyle and starts healthier regimes. The causes of these illnesses are actually accumulated trashes the body had been fed with. From diet to unhealthy habits and even lackadaisical approach to healthy routines, this unhealthiness gets bigger and for sure affect several organs of the body thereafter.

The most necessary healthy routines are exercising, healthy dieting and constant body examination by a medical doctor.

It’s not a crime to be old but we can live a graceful old age with no sickness but with good health. We do pray about this often but we need to take our health in our hands.

Read more on www.livelifeng.com[http://www.livelifeng.com/what-i-tell-my-mom-at-54][/http://www.livelifeng.com/what-i-tell-my-mom-at-54] grin grin grin grin
Re: What I Told My Mom At 54 by redcliff: 11:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
Spoton
Re: What I Told My Mom At 54 by sunnshyn(f): 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2015
I was just writing about the need for a healthy lifestyle on the 'importance of ewedu' thread...

In fact, I have come to realize that we are really what we eat...I happen to be a very sickly person back in the days...until I discovered the secret...

Eating healthy and home made food actually cost less and is more nutritious...

I do not take processed foods at all even though I live outside Nigeria. You'll never processed food(baked beans, hot dogs et all) or drinks in my refrigerator or pantry lai lai!! my sodium(salt) intake is so minimal, I use healthy oils for cooking (Avocado oil my favourite), coconut, olive and still in small quantity...my only laziness is exercise which I'm trying to incorporate into my lifestyle by God's grace gradually.....but I have a healthy BMI, blood pressure, sugar content level which I check myself on the regular etc...and prayers too...I pray very very well.

When I met my DH, he's fasting sugar level was so high we all screamed, he has a history of diabetes in his family...I took him by the hands, now its at a healthy level..

In my opinion, there no disease on earth that doesn't have a cure in nature...

But some of us are either blinded or just ignorant about these things...

Thank you OP ojare

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Easy Way To Shed Fats And Cure Fibroid / Take A Look At New Type Of Condoms That Will Change Color On Exposure To Stds / Http://tryslenderagarciniacambogia.net/cogniq/

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.