Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! (5437 Views)

Stop Your Eyes From Going Blind / 11-Year-Old Blind And Cripple Girl Abandoned By Her Parents In Akwa Ibom / Four Children From The Same Parents Are Born Blind In Edo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 11:22am On Dec 09, 2016
Greeting to all and compliments of the season.

I have a 68 year old mother who has

glaucoma. Optometrist we met for diagnosis

authenticated that yes she has the disease.

Last medical check we did at a different

clinic yesterday being 8th December 2016,

showed that the pressure rate of her left

eye was 44 and RE was 45, which happens to

be way above normal. Blood pressure reading

was 110/70, sugar level was 106.

The Optometrist with no form of sympathy

in his mouth/speech, plainly and clearly

told my mom she would go blind, and those

words made my old mom burst into and

uncontrollable tears, she cried bitterly. I

had to console her, watching as the tears

flowed from my old mother's eyes broke me

down completely, but had to hold up my own

tears. The Optometrist was entirely rude to us, refusing to answer our questions.

I'm here on bended knees pleading with expert Ophthalmologist and Optometrist in the

treatment of eyes, to please give a viable recommendation in line with her above diagnosis, to help save her remaining vision?

She currently uses Bimopress eye drops and

Optic nerve tablets.

I on my part have eye floaters. Can any medication be use to take off the floaters?

Do have a great day while I kindly await

your matured and all important contributions, recommendations and possible referrals.

Nairaland, always a family to behold.

A MOTHER'S LOVE KNOWS NO BOUND!!

CC; mynd44, seun, lalastica, tonyebarcanista, kmaxx, amongst other mods, please kindly move to FP. Thanks

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by CHOPUP411(m): 11:24am On Dec 09, 2016
Go to redemption camp

Or
Canaanland

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 11:26am On Dec 09, 2016
CHOPUP411:
Go to redemption camp

Or
Canaanland

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by agabaI23(m): 11:27am On Dec 09, 2016
There is a free eye clinic in Calabar. It is a foundation ran by an Indian. Lemme check to see if i can find some info

Updated

http://www.tcfnigeria.org/v1/calabarproject.htm
That's the link.

You will get a better care there for less

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2016
OP Firstly, I cancel every negative report from your medic on your health and that of your sweet Momma. Both of you SHALL not go blind.

As for solution, I suggest that you consider traditional option or extensively read through Google. On my part, I will try to see materials that can be helpful

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2016
CHOPUP411:
Go to redemption camp

Or
Canaanland
[/s]To give money to some god of men? OP God is with you anywhere
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by Raph01: 11:29am On Dec 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
To give money to some god of men? OP God is with you anywhere
as in ehn, I dnt jes understand what he was thinking when he typed that
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by agabaI23(m): 11:29am On Dec 09, 2016
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:31am On Dec 09, 2016

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by agabaI23(m): 11:35am On Dec 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
OP Firstly, I cancel every negative report from your medic on your health and that of your sweet Momma. Both of you SHALL not go blind.

As for solution, I suggest that you consider traditional option or extensively read through Google. On my part, I will try to see materials that can be helpful

What you said above is exactly what he will get in Canaanland. Why did you condemn this post?
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]To give money to some god of men? OP God is with you anywhere
I am a Catholic for your info but those you called god of men operate the same principle you just showcased.

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by sweetval: 11:35am On Dec 09, 2016
You and your mum are going to be alright. Also put it to God in prayers. There is absolutely nothing he can not do.

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by Elmojiid(m): 11:38am On Dec 09, 2016
she cannot go blind if she been operated and place on drugs, i have it also and am fine but am on drugs i mean eye drops...take her to any teaching hospital, she wil be fine as long she is on drugs.

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 09, 2016
Op please there is an eye hospital in akwa ibom Abak.. Just eye hospital.. I and my uncle went there he did operation there weeks ago.. Even they told him the are gone he was operated and now his getting better.. Will still go for the second eye.. Oluwa heals,, bur u need medical attention quick quick quick..

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by Elmojiid(m): 11:45am On Dec 09, 2016
you should be thanking GOD that she is old am young and i have it which is very rare for youngs, i tank GOD also am fine i did my operation six years ago and i have been on drugs eva since, it cannot be cured bt it can be prevented not to get worst.

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
agabaI23:

What you said above is exactly what he will get in Canaanland. Why did you condemn this post? I am a Catholic for your info but you the do called god of men operate the same principle you just showcased.
I didn't ask him to donate some money in the name of tithe or seed for God to heal him. I said it because GOD is everywhere.

the gods of men should go and sit down! Nothing special in their camps
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by agabaI23(m): 12:13pm On Dec 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
I didn't ask him to donate some money in the name of tithe or seed for God to heal him. I said it because GOD is everywhere.

the gods of men should go and sit down! Nothing special in their camps
No body will ask him to donate to be healed. Healing is free. But even Jesus expected the remaining 9 lepers to come back to say thank you. Were there not 10 of you healed? Where are the remaining 9?
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
agabaI23:
No body will ask him to donate to be healed. Healing is free. But even Jesus expected the remaining 9 lepers to come back to say thank you. Were there not 10 of you healed? Where are the remaining 9?
Uncle stop promoting fraud.

Are the god of men the people that heals? NO! Healing comes from GOD

Are they Jesus? NO! they are mere mortals that people like you deify

Do they need "Thank You" (literally money for seeds and stuffs)? NO! That is not their business.

Giving to God as prescribed by Jesus is about sharing with the brethren and fellow men and not necessarily the god of men.

God is everywhere and he has healed him and his mother!

Now Shift...

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by agabaI23(m): 12:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Uncle stop promoting fraud.

Are the god of men the people that heals? NO! Healing comes from GOD

Are they Jesus? NO! they are mere mortals that people like you deify

Do they need "Thank You" (literally money for seeds and stuffs)? NO! That is not their business.

Giving to God as prescribed by Jesus is about sharing with the brethren and fellow men and not necessarily the god of men.

God is everywhere and he has healed him and his mother!

Now Shift...
Lol, my son I don't deify anyone. If the old testament is still part of the bible, it says that there shall be no lack in the temple. The faithful shall make sure it doesn't happen.

You agreed that Jesus expected a thank you? How do you expect us to thank him now like he expected the 9 lepers? Do you mean he was not everywhere then? Was that why he asked expected them to come physically to to him to say thank you? Couldn't they have said thank you from where they were?
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 12:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
agabaI23:
There is a free eye clinic in Calabar. It is a foundation ran by an Indian. Lemme check to see if i can find some info

Updated

http://www.tcfnigeria.org/v1/calabarproject.htm
That's the link.

You will get a better care there for less

Thanks boss. I've opened the link and sent a message through to them. Waiting to get a response

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by agabaI23(m): 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2016
saintruky:

Thanks boss. I've opened the link and sent a message through to them. Waiting to get a response
Cool It is well.
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 12:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

Thanks boss.

I've been troubling google since last night till this very moment. Useful tips came as to operations, but the cost of carrying out such operation in Naija might result to breaking the bank. Laser surgery and trabeculectomy surgery were the forms of operation provided with reference to glaucoma. I have no idea if there are institutions in Naija that perform the laser surgery and the cost of the surgery.

As per the option of going traditional, I have never come across or heard of someone who use tradomed to treat his or her glaucoma. Moreover, patients have been advised by doctors to shun of forms of traditional medicine as regards eye treatment.

I am entirely confused.
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 12:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Raph01:
as in ehn, I dnt jes understand what he was thinking when he typed that

Please no need to pick on anyone. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. I have the onus to heed or forego such opinions. Abeg make una no quarrel cos of me.
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 12:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
sweetval:
You and your mum are going to be alright. Also put it to God in prayers. There is absolutely nothing he can not do.

Amen o.. I have my complete trust on God

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:59pm On Dec 09, 2016
agabaI23:
Lol, my son I don't deify anyone. If the old testament is still part of the bible, it says that there shall be no lack in the temple. The faithful shall make sure it doesn't happen.

You agreed that Jesus expected a thank you? How do you expect us to thank him now like he expected the 9 lepers? Do you mean he was not everywhere then? Was that why he asked expected them to come physically to to him to say thank you? Couldn't they have said thank you from where they were?
the god of men are not Jesus! He can't share glory with Jesus
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 1:14pm On Dec 09, 2016
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 1:23pm On Dec 09, 2016
Elmojiid:
she cannot go blind if she been operated and place on drugs, i have it also and am fine but am on drugs i mean eye drops...take her to any teaching hospital, she wil be fine as long she is on drugs.

Yes se cannot go blind and wont go blind.

The Optometrist we met yesterday at Ossiomo-Ogan, said glaucoma cannot be operated.

With you stating that yours was operated and my google findings that its possible to operate glaucoma, though not to cure it, but to help manage it and save remaining vision. Permit me to ask where you had yours operated and the medications you are using.

Mind you cataract is sometimes mistaken for glaucoma.

God bless you for this wonderful insight. Please respond

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 1:25pm On Dec 09, 2016
smithsydny:
Op please there is an eye hospital in akwa ibom Abak.. Just eye hospital.. I and my uncle went there he did operation there weeks ago.. Even they told him the are gone he was operated and now his getting better.. Will still go for the second eye.. Oluwa heals,, bur u need medical attention quick quick quick..

Thanks boss for ur quota.

Oluwa is involved in my situation oo. Where exactly in Akwa-Ibom? What was your uncle diagnosed of? Cataract or Glaucoma?

Pls write again.
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 1:28pm On Dec 09, 2016
Elmojiid:
you should be thanking GOD that she is old am young and i have it which is very rare for youngs, i tank GOD also am fine i did my operation six years ago and i have been on drugs eva since, it cannot be cured bt it can be prevented not to get worst.

I feel u bro.. But truth is no one wishes their sight to be lost, whether old or young. Imagine being born with complete sight and all of a sudden u are at d verge of losing that sight, u suppose know how d trauma go be na.
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 1:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
agabaI23:

Bros agaba relax. In everything na God first. God indeed is everywhere. Its not by going to one camp or another. My Bible say where two or the are gathered, God is in their midst. So u see!!

Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2016
saintruky:

Thanks boss for ur quota.

Oluwa is involved in my situation oo. Where exactly in Akwa-Ibom? What was your uncle diagnosed of? Cataract or Glaucoma?

Pls write again.
gluacoma. They said the eyes has eaten too bad and affected the second one., but God dey heaven.. He was operated his on eyes drops per hr wch are quite expensive. But God dey show mercy. The place is Abak that's before u get to uyo town.. Its a catholic hospital.. GOODLUCK.. WE GOJNG FOR THE SECOND EYE BUT NOT NOW,, LET THE FIRST ONE HEAL WELL..
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2016
Please keep you contributions, recommendations, prescription and referrals coming in. May the good God bless us all.
Re: MY MOM IS GOING BLIND. HELP!!! by saintruky(m): 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2016
How effective is XALATAN, a product of Pfizer..

Itel And Amatem Softgel Distribute Relief Materials For World Malaria Day 2022 / Is It Safe For A Nursing Mom To Have Intercourse? / COVID-19 Update For April 14 2021 In Nigeria

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51