Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,387 members, 7,819,396 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Is Canada Over Hype? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Canada Over Hype? (1753 Views)

Is Canada Overrated? / Is Canada Ticket Up To N245,000? / The Dubai Hype (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Canada Over Hype? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 11, 2015
Is canada truely a greener pasture for immigrants from najia want people who u have immigrate via school or skill programe to come out and compare,their earnings ,life style savings etc in nigeria before migration and in canada after migration it would serve as a guide to other
Re: Is Canada Over Hype? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 11, 2015
ma dreamed con3
Re: Is Canada Over Hype? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 11, 2015
Plenty of my friends on very stable pensionable jobs are moving to canada to pg dimplomas,in colleges,with a veiw,of settling down mind u they earn around 250 k monthly in jobs in nigeria plus pension and health insurance we are 9 friends 5 have moved over to canada and yet to get stable jobs in their choosen fields after the post gradute dimplomas only one got a professional job that pays around 38000 per yr but rent is 1400 per month so guys is it truly wort it guys in canada answer

1 Like

Re: Is Canada Over Hype? by aspirebig: 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2015
I have been thinking really if all these countries are better, or is just exaggeration. I know getting a job over there is not as easy as some people think, things are very expensive, you enjoy all the constant light, water, good security, good amenities but pay through your nose. Tax payment is a must, most things are very organised but their weather is not like ours, is too cold over there, racism is another thing, high cost of accommodation. I think, if you have a job that pay you N250k here, you should stay behind.... However, many travel even if their job pay more than N250k because of foreign benefits, for instance they and their children will become citizens have access to better medical care, education, saner environment, better welfare and social services etc which we lack in Nigeria. I know someone earning over N300k that resigned and travel abroad with the 4 children and the spouse just 3years ago. They said there is far better and they are living better now. I think, is all about choice and personal aspirations, people travel for different reasons, like changing their environment to become better.

Over there, it is easier to make it once you are not lazy, because personally I know some guys that travel and theg got job and they were able to buy a brand new car "not fairly used" after two years, in Nigeria, it is not that easy to buy a "tokunbor" car , let alone a brand new one in two years, where many university graduates are still earning between N30k to N80k... The statistics of university graduates earning more than N200k in Nigeria is far less than those earning less than N100k monthly, then convert these amounts to either Canadian or US dollar or Uk pounds and see the value....I know many people abroad too are jobless and suffering, so it is in Nigeria and other African countries, but some people are jobless due to job selection because either they feel the job is below their status as a graduate or they feel the salary is too small etc. I know that, if you are in Nigeria and you are suffering and you are in abroad suffering, it is not the same.

I have seen people that leave Lagos, Abuja, Kano, PH and they returned to their home town because they feel that they can no longer cope with city lifestyle as in paying house rent, etc but I have not seen people return from abroad due to hardship, rather they will tell you that the fear of insecurity, epileptic electricity, water not running in the taps, traffic jams in Lagos etc is enough to keep them going.

If you are blessed here, stay back just visit there during the summer for holidays. Abroad is not heaven, they have their issues too. In some countries, you will need resident permit to open ordinary bank account. Nigeria man is hiding because he has no paper, whites have paper for their pets like cats and dogs.

Nigeria is a great country, but have been experiencing very bad leadership since independence till date, if not, we should not be thinking of migrating to some cold climate countries to hustle.

5 Likes

Re: Is Canada Over Hype? by stepo707: 6:22pm On Apr 11, 2015
aspirebig:
I have been thinking really if all these countries are better, or is just exaggeration. I know getting a job over there is not as easy as some people think, things are very expensive, you enjoy all the constant light, water, good security, good amenities but pay through your nose. Tax payment is a must, most things are very organised but their weather is not like ours, is too cold over there, racism is another thing, high cost of accommodation. I think, if you have a job that pay you N250k here, you should stay behind.... However, many travel even if their job pay more than N250k because of foreign benefits, for instance they and their children will become citizens have access to better medical care, education, saner environment, better welfare and social services etc which we lack in Nigeria. I know someone earning over N300k that resigned and travel abroad with the 4 children and the spouse just 3years ago. They said there is far better and they are living better now. I think, is all about choice and personal aspirations, people travel for different reasons, like changing their environment to become better.

Over there, it is easier to make it once you are not lazy, because personally I know some guys that travel and theg got job and they were able to buy a brand new car "not fairly used" after two years, in Nigeria, it is not that easy to buy a "tokunbor" car , let alone a brand new one in two years, where many university graduates are still earning between N30k to N80k... The statistics of university graduates earning more than N200k in Nigeria is far less than those earning less than N100k monthly, then convert these amounts to either Canadian or US dollar or Uk pounds and see the value....I know many people abroad too are jobless and suffering, so it is in Nigeria and other African countries, but some people are jobless due to job selection because either they feel the job is below their status as a graduate or they feel the salary is too small etc. I know that, if you are in Nigeria and you are suffering and you are in abroad suffering, it is not the same.

I have seen people that leave Lagos, Abuja, Kano, PH and they returned to their home town because they feel that they can no longer cope with city lifestyle as in paying house rent, etc but I have not seen people return from abroad due to hardship, rather they will tell you that the fear of insecurity, epileptic electricity, water not running in the taps, traffic jams in Lagos etc is enough to keep them going.

If you are blessed here, stay back just visit there during the summer for holidays. Abroad is not heaven, they have their issues too. In some countries, you will need resident permit to open ordinary bank account. Nigeria man is hiding because he has no paper, whites have paper for their pets like cats and dogs.

Nigeria is a great country, but have been experiencing very bad leadership since independence till date, if not, we should not be thinking of migrating to some cold climate countries to hustle.

i completely agree with you bro...Rascism is demoralizing.Lets pray buhari can fix things, people will rush back home
Re: Is Canada Over Hype? by Teeboy22(m): 7:25am On Apr 13, 2015
Alikote:
Is canada truely a greener pasture for immigrants from najia want people who u have immigrate via school or skill programe to come out and compare,their earnings ,life style savings etc in nigeria before migration and in canada after migration it would serve as a guide to other

yeah bro..canada is good country...their economy is good ..there are many Job oppurtunity,,its a peaceful country,,infact better than Us...

(1) (Reply)

The Role And Responsibilities Of Local Government In Sustainable Tourism / Travel Experience From Abuja To Kaduna On The New Inaugurated Rail Line / Paying Fees To International University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.