Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? (2520 Views)

Underage Girl Went To Open Account In Zenith Bank And Was Rejected / UBA Bank Card Exchange Rate For Today. (screenshot) / My Experience With UBA Bank. (must Read!!!!!!!) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? by Joshua8694(m): 10:15pm On Apr 11, 2015
I want to open account with one of those banks.
Which of them can you recommend for me?
1. Do i have to pay anything to open account with them?
2. Do i have to pay anything to apply for master card or visa card?
3. How do i activate those cards so i can send and recieve money online?
I am anxiously waiting for your reply.THANKS.
Re: Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? by tolugar: 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2015
Even they give free launch,

Don't go there.

Unless you're the patient type en tolerates nonsense.
Re: Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? by bedfordng(m): 8:43am On Apr 12, 2015
Joshua8694:
I want to open account with one of those banks.
Which of them can you recommend for me?
1. Do i have to pay anything to open account with them?
2. Do i have to pay anything to apply for master card or visa card?
3. How do i activate those cards so i can send and recieve money online?
I am anxiously waiting for your reply.THANKS.
you will have to deposit into the account after it is created.aside that, you don't have to pay to get the account because you can still withdraw the money you deposited.that is what they will ask of you after the account is opened.

as for atm, they charge you for it.so you will need to have funds in your account to get it.this is why most of the banks tells you to make a minimum required deposit so they can remove charges for atm card.

its not every atm card that do receive payment online.you can't receive payment online with master card but you can receive with visa.don't know if it works with all visa but the ones i am sure of is uba africard
Re: Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? by Joshua8694(m): 12:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
bedfordng:
you will have to deposit into the account after it is created.aside that, you don't have to pay to get the account because you can still withdraw the money you deposited.that is what they will ask of you after the account is opened.

as for atm, they charge you for it.so you will need to have funds in your account to get it.this is why most of the banks tells you to make a minimum required deposit so they can remove charges for atm card.

its not every atm card that do receive payment online.you can't receive payment online with master card but you can receive with visa.don't know if it works with all visa but the ones i am sure of is uba africard
thanks alot. You are really helpful.
Re: Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? by bedfordng(m): 12:12pm On Apr 12, 2015
Joshua8694:
thanks alot. You are really helpful.
you are welcome
Re: Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? by Joshua8694(m): 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
bedfordng:
you are welcome
i think i will register with uba bank, if i request for the uba africard, will i be given that same day?
And what is the minimum deposit after registration?
Re: Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? by Ymodulus: 6:53pm On Apr 12, 2015
Joshua8694:
i think i will register with uba bank, if i request for the uba africard, will i be given that same day?

Stay away from those banks. Especially Gtbank, when ever you hear gtbank run away with your two legs. Awon scammers.

Live gtbnak go access. Gtbank are scammers and thieves with nice clothing
Re: Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? by bedfordng(m): 7:31pm On Apr 12, 2015
Joshua8694:
for the card, they have two version.the instant one without your name written on it or the one that will take a week to get and with your name on it.so it depends on the one you want.they charge for the card
Re: Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? by hahn(m): 7:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
Ymodulus:

Stay away from those banks. Especially Gtbank, when ever you hear gtbank run away with your two legs. Awon scammers.

Man, at the moment I get debited N65 for every transaction at other banks whereas my memory clearly remembers that CBN instructed the deduction on every 3 transactions at other atms. Its becoming outrageous
Re: Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? by Joshua8694(m): 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2015
bedfordng:
for the card, they have two version.the instant one without your name written on it or the one that will take a week to get and with your name on it.so it depends on the one you want.they charge for the card
BIG thanks. I dont know if i can use diamond bank card for online transaction
Re: Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? by bedfordng(m): 1:52am On Apr 13, 2015
Joshua8694:
BIG thanks. I dont know if i can use diamond bank card for online transaction
you can try it.have not used it so i can't really say
Re: Do I Need To Pay Anything To Open An Account With Gtb Bank Or Uba Bank? by solbash11(m): 3:27am On Apr 13, 2015
Ymodulus:

I laughed when I saw your line that GTBank are scammer and I disagree with you. I would even not go near Access bank you mentioned, at least not for now.

I'll even advise the OP to go for Stanbic-IBTC bank because of his interest in doing online transaction payments (besides there's a thread on Nairaland where people are monitoring the exchange rate of dollar been charged by different banks and so far Stanbic bank had been the most preferred bank mentioned) ** I do not rate them as the best over GTbank meaning I'm yet to see the best bank in the country but don't go near Eco****.

(1) (Reply)

How To Earn A Million Naira On Monthly Basis / Bearish Trading Persist At NSE As Quities Down By 0.39% / If You Have A Blog Read This To Learn About This Money Making Opportunity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.