Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,970 members, 7,821,394 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium (8940 Views)

Top 8 Most Fuel Efficient Cars / Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 7:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
chucky234:
And you think a Camry with 2.0L engine is more fuel efficient than 1.8L A4 ?
When I said don't put Camry and A4 in same sentence I wasn't referring to their market category but as an individual car, like I said the A4 is everything the Camry is not and pls don't mention Corolla and A4 in same sentence biko.
The Corolla and A4 are both in same market category but putting both in same sentence is a big disrespect to VW, Lexus IS would be more considerate.

why would it be a big disrespect? its not the same corolla that sells more than all the other luxury sedan's combined? once again my point is compare similar cars not cars in different categories marketed to different classes of people
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
chucky234:
From the link you provided, read this:
The new Lexus IS sports a sharper look and
refined ride, but lacks the BMW's (or the
Cadillac's) on-road poise and handling.

hope you noticed the A4 is actually the worst rated of the bunch and i don't think the Lexus will do worse than 8.2 when it is reviewed but then again you have to acknowledge that the IS is an alternative to the A4 i mean based on that review the cadillac should be the best seller but we all know it won't do as well as the bmw, benz, audi, and lexus
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
aaidel:

why would it be a big disrespect? its not the same corolla that sells more than all the other luxury sedan's combined? once again my point is compare similar cars not cars in different categories marketed to different classes of people
The fact that Corolla were (Ford Fusion is the king now) the best selling Sedan doesn't translate to being the best sedan bro, A4 will chew up Corolla in seconds.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by chucky234(m): 7:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
aaidel:

hope you noticed the A4 is actually the worst rated of the bunch and i don't think the Lexus will do worse than 8.2 when it is reviewed but then again you have to acknowledge that the IS is an alternative to the A4 i mean based on that review the cadillac should be the best seller but we all know it won't do as well as the bmw, benz, audi, and lexus
Good you understand and acknowledged the fact that IS is alternative and not buyers' top choice.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 10:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
chucky234:
Good you understand and acknowledged the fact that IS is alternative and not buyers' top choice.

obviously and that has been my point compare like for like then you get a more balanced and factual comparison
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by lukman22: 7:20am On Apr 20, 2015
I thought the OP wanted the house to give him more info about the efficiency of toks Audi A4 ? Why can't u guys discuss on the real topic and not derailing his thread?

1 Like

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by redcliff: 1:06pm On May 12, 2015
aaidel:

Corrolla sells alot in nigeria because its japanese and people feel its cheaper to maintain. In europe i dont think i have seen any toyota corrolla car at all... in mechanixs the toyota does not stand a chance near audi not to talk of their yearly counterparts. Audi is far ahead of toyota in every sphere. Dont compare them both. Nigerians are just myopuc in their preferences. Thats all.

1 Like

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 12, 2015
redcliff:

Corrolla sells alot in nigeria because its japanese and people feel its cheaper to maintain. In europe i dont think i have seen any toyota corrolla car at all... in mechanixs the toyota does not stand a chance near audi not to talk of their yearly counterparts. Audi is far ahead of toyota in every sphere. Dont compare them both. Nigerians are just myopuc in their preferences. Thats all.

Same way Aussies and Americans are myopic in their preference?
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 7:32pm On May 12, 2015
redcliff:

i hope you realize the numbers are worldwide and also its the best selling car of all time so perhaps it is you who is underrating the car
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 12, 2015
aaidel:

i hope you realize the numbers are worldwide and also its the best selling car of all time so perhaps it is you who is underrating the car

Folks hating on toyota doesn't change the fact that they're the biggest automakers in the world for now. More so, corolla, camry, Highlander, Rav4, Prius are huge global sales success.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by peterjero(m): 8:04pm On May 12, 2015
Even the Land cruiser is the king of the road(even though I'm not a fan but just give it to toyota)
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by aaidel(m): 8:46pm On May 12, 2015
lomomike:

Folks hating on toyota doesn't change the fact that they're the biggest automakers in the world for now. More so, corolla, camry, Highlander, Rav4, Prius are huge global sales success.

exactly my point the japs make very good cars for everyday use if you need something extra then get something different but don't hate on them

1 Like

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by samir101ng(m): 10:06pm On May 12, 2015
I am also interested in purchasing an Audi A4.

Am moving to the German category of cars from the japs and am seriously considering the A4.

Have been doing my research for a while now. Here are my specs:

1. 2010-2012 Model

2. AWD (Quattro) optional

3. V6 Engine optional

I have attached the pics of a dream Audi A4 I once saw on www.euro2motors.com.

Now, I know German cars come with different packages installed e.g sports package, technology package, etc so no two cars are alike.

So, the question is, how's the Audi A4 going to handle in the Nigerian environment considering our fuel, maintenance, driving conditions (especially suspension)?!

Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by eromspete(m): 5:32am On May 13, 2015
My opinion is that its a really good car cos I own and drive one wink (A4 2008, S-Line Edition) . I'd recommend you go for the European version. The Germans call it a Limousine FYI grin

However you have to take care of the car for it to take care of you. Its a great car to drive, good on fuel consumption and very solid and stable on the road. I you're a power junkie go for the Turbo engine option.

I'd need you to specify which model year you are interested in buying as Siena rightly pointed out cos there's diffrences (changes, upgrades, specs) in each generation (B5, B6, B7, B8).

I won't compare it to other brands cos I do not have all the facts but an Audi gives you good value/quality for money.

ONLY THING I'D STRONGLY ADVISE YOU IS TO BE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A PROPER CHECK/INSPECTION ON THE CAR BEFORE RELEASING MONEY TO THE SELLER. ALSO, ASK THE SELLER FOR A FULL SERVICE HISTORY. You do not want to buy a car bundled with problems even before driving it.
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by samir101ng(m): 8:38am On May 13, 2015
eromspete:
My opinion is that its a really good car cos I own and drive one wink (A4 2008, S-Line Edition) . I'd recommend you go for the European version. The Germans call it a Limousine FYI grin

However you have to take care of the car for it to take care of you. Its a great car to drive, good on fuel consumption and very solid and stable on the road. I you're a power junkie go for the Turbo engine option.

I'd need you to specify which model year you are interested in buying as Siena rightly pointed out cos there's diffrences (changes, upgrades, specs) in each generation (B5, B6, B7, B8).

I won't compare it to other brands cos I do not have all the facts but an Audi gives you good value/quality for money.

ONLY THING I'D STRONGLY ADVISE YOU IS TO BE SURE YOU HAVE DONE A PROPER CHECK/INSPECTION ON THE CAR BEFORE RELEASING MONEY TO THE SELLER. ALSO, ASK THE SELLER FOR A FULL SERVICE HISTORY. You do not want to buy a car bundled with problems even before driving it.

Thanks for the information. Like I posted earlier, I am interested between a 2010, 2011 or 2012 Model based on price and trim. I was thinking of getting it imported from the USA like I bought my previous car but I have a close family friend studying in Germany that can help me procure one if necessary.

Of course, carfax and VIN identification is a must as to check out any fatal flaws.

You drive an S-line ?! shocked that's cool. Might be tempted to get one. Correct me if am wrong but that's like in the categories of the M3 & F-Sport Models, right?!
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by eromspete(m): 10:32am On May 13, 2015
Hi Samir101ng

Audi S-Line trims are more of aesthetic than performance models really. Performance specifications for the S-Line models are good but cannot be compared to the RS Spec trims (those are specially made for performance by Audi)

samir101ng:

Thanks for the information. Like I posted earlier, I am interested between a 2010, 2011 or 2012 Model based on price and trim. I was thinking of getting it imported from the USA like I bought my previous car but I have a close family friend studying in Germany that can help me procure one if necessary.

Of course, carfax and VIN identification is a must as to check out any fatal flaws.

You drive an S-line ?! shocked that's cool. Might be tempted to get one. Correct me if am wrong but that's like in the categories of the M3 & F-Sport Models, right?!
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by mistermoi(m): 11:39pm On Feb 21, 2017
Following
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by Timagex(m): 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2019
samir101ng:
I am also interested in purchasing an Audi A4.

Am moving to the German category of cars from the japs and am seriously considering the A4.

Have been doing my research for a while now. Here are my specs:

1. 2010-2012 Model

2. AWD (Quattro) optional

3. V6 Engine optional

I have attached the pics of a dream Audi A4 I once saw on www.euro2motors.com.

Now, I know German cars come with different packages installed e.g sports package, technology package, etc so no two cars are alike.

So, the question is, how's the Audi A4 going to handle in the Nigerian environment considering our fuel, maintenance, driving conditions (especially suspension)?!
. God bless you for sending a picture of this car. I have been looking for it but don't know how to. Pls kindly quote me as you progress in the buying. It might be my first car. Congrats in advance cool
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by harqinhola(m): 4:57am On Jul 23, 2019
Please how economical and reliable is the Audi A4 B7 2008?
Re: Please How Efficient Is Audi A4, I Want To Buy A Direct Belgium by ately1(m): 7:55am On Jul 23, 2019
harqinhola:
Please how economical and reliable is the Audi A4 B7 2008?

very lovely car. visit Cotonou for good price .. 09039130544

(1) (2) (Reply)

Info Needed About Toyota Carina 2 / Does Double Cell Radiator Consume More Fuel? / Innoson Full Option Fox And Umu Selling Now At 2.5m- Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.