Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin (7473 Views)

Poll: Rate this story on a scale of 1 to 4

4 (Very Good): 34% (8 votes)
3 (Good): 56% (13 votes)
2 (Fair): 4% (1 vote)
1 (Poor): 4% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Hot Story: Memoirs Of Eva – Episode 3 / Hot Story: Memoirs Of Eva – Episode 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by jaybaby(f): 8:11pm On Sep 16, 2006
Gurl Wat actually did u say u r reading?
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by omot208(f): 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2006
isnt it obvious? English language.
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by jaybaby(f): 12:12pm On Sep 17, 2006
Yea Right i know! tongue

You tried Kudos!
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by dipotepede(m): 12:40pm On Sep 18, 2006
@  omot208

I am impressed; very impressed. You really tried, you actually maintained the plot. I am truly impressed.

Are u in Nigeria?

Please, send me a mail @ me@dipotepede.com

I will be expecting your mail,
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by Orikinla(m): 7:17pm On Sep 18, 2006
Dipotepede,

I found the second part of your story more thrilling.

If you take your time to complete this story as a novel, you would be happier as the proud author of a bestselling novel.

This is the kind of story that Tade Ogidan can make into a Nollywood hit movie.

What you need is a good editor and not only a proof-reader.
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by dipotepede(m): 10:13am On Sep 19, 2006
@ Orikinla

Thanx for the comment. I will really need your help too.

Please, kindly read the remaining part

ALL MEN ARE BAD

“We must become the change we want to see in the world” – Gandhi

“When the program that runs in a female body gets corrupted by various viruses named project “HURT”, there is a malfunctioning that takes place which consistently produces an output called ALL MEN ARE BAD. A female, without thinking it through, will spurt this sentence to her male friends as if the male friend is not even included in the “all men are bad syndrome”. This simply means she has moved from a logical platform to an illogical one. Well, how do we solve this heart ache symptom? I believe an antivirus should be injected into their system to produce a different output called “ALL MEN ARE DIFFERENT”

A lady is born. “Wow” there is rejoicing in the earth (well, at least her parents are happy). Her first sit, crawl, stand and walk is celebrated with much enthusiasm, she goes through various formal institutions in life facing various challenges from exams to human differences. She has a goal, so no matter the stress she goes through in this uncongenial environment; she comes out of it a winner and breathes a sigh of relieve and actually celebrates it. But when it comes to the almighty committed relationship, she gives up at any sign of stress; she holds on to her ideal and hope everything works out. What do you think? I think I should develop an axiom for her;

“Before you graduate from the institution called Committed Relationship, you must pass one of the most difficult exams called Selflessness 101”

One of the indications that we don’t understand something is failure. So when a relationship fails, it simply means we need to retract, stay all night if need be, check out your mistakes, master them and go for the exam and this time with an attitude of “I am willing to give it my best shot”. When the ALL MEN ARE BAD attitude resurfaces and you secretly want to get married then two laws are functioning in your body. You must change the output to ALL MEN ARE DIFFERENT so you can understand you are in a different terrain and easily face the challenges that come with it.

“You cannot blame your circumstances for what you create.”

When ever a woman says a man is bad, what she does not understand is that she herself is bad because humans do not attract that which they want, but that which they are. Not what they pray and wish for, but that which they are. So you must improve yourself to the level of what you want, to get what you want. Maybe an anecdote might help;

Here is a lady approached by a married man (without her prior knowledge of the marital status). He trips her, spends money on her, and promises her marriage to sleep with her. She caves in and becomes deeply emotionally involved. Then comes the bombshell, she finds out. She becomes distress and seems justified to curse and rain abuses on him but she remains emotionally messed up. She becomes skeptical about men that come her way and resolves in her heart not to allow such happen to her again. No matter the shade of men that comes her way, her perspective is never to go through the same emotional pain again, so she tries not to get involve emotionally until she is sure.

Sure? Sure of what? This woman did not analyze herself to see the vices that blinded her to this deception. She did not check her lust, greed and selfishness. There is no complete overhaul of her internal process and she expects to be attracted to the right man. Even if the right man comes her way, she would not recognize him because she is not equipped to. Her neurons simply translates a good man to be tall rich and handsome. Even if she gets married, she will compromise a lot, to keep the relationship going or the relationship deteriorates and she ends up in the same circle……………… “

Lara closed her bible which she did not refer to and believed she could hear a pin drop in a room of about 5,000 single females; she simply walked out of the stage, paced out of the hall and headed straight to her End of Discussion.
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by Orikinla(m): 11:05am On Sep 19, 2006
It keeps getting better with every new chapter. And I want to know what happens next.

What will happen to Lara? And I am actually seeing her. She is not above 5'8 and not fat or thin? Lara is naturally sexy without showing it. She does not need much make up or other attachments to attract the attention of men. Her body is okay. But her state of mind will determine her future.

Dipotepede, that session on the way women see most men has taken your fiction to a higher level. Millions of Nigerian girls and babes would be enlightened by it.

When you finish it, try and contact Tade Ogidan on the possibility of making it into a movie.
Bimbo Akintola would be perfect for the role of Lara. The idea of a movie is to increase the mileage and it would have more impact as a movie.
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by Scorpio(f): 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2006
wow Dipo, your story's really good! Keep it up brother kiss smiley
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by goodguy(m): 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2006
dipotepede, your stories are really great. I can't wait to see the other episodes.

Orikinla:

Bimbo Akintola would be perfect for the role of Lara.
Naah, Stella Damasus will do.
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2006
back to the topic

goodguy

you underrate bimbo akintola,,,i think she fit the character perfectly
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by NSNA: 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2006
hey. whats the reason for that. Seun why did you remove my post.
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by goodguy(m): 11:21pm On Sep 24, 2006
salsera:

goodguy

you underrate bimbo akintola,,,i think she fit the character perfectly

Whenever I see Bimbo Akintola, I see a very indecent lady. I think it's high time they started giving her better roles.
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 25, 2006
'indecent'

she's an actress are you calling her as a person indecent, or the roles she plays?

i reiterate SHE'S an actress your are only a GOOD one when you act so well you become the character you portray

if by better roles you mean roles that are 'clean' 'good' then you're obviously looking at acting upside down

please rate her ACTING skills which are by far better than stella's no matter how popular stella(and i happen to think stella is good too) is .Bimbo akintola has been acting through university till date about ten years she just has been in Nollywood like stella has ehnce less publicity.
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by goodguy(m): 9:53pm On Sep 25, 2006
I did not say she's indecent.  Please don't get me wrong.  What I mean is, whenever Bimbo crosses my mind, the picture of an indecent girl also follows. Just the same way most people usually see 'that wicked individual' whenever the name 'Pete Edochie' sounds in their ears.
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by uzygirl(f): 6:15pm On Sep 26, 2006
Wow Diditepede,

I had to check your profile to determine if you are a lady or a gent. The last part was really something, you told the story from a woman's perspective. I like your use of flashbacks at different scenes, though their resulting efects are usually better in books than in films.

I agree with Orinkila, millions of girls need to be enlightened, instead of blaming mistakes mae from their wrong decisions at the next "bad man".

I don't entirely agree with this excerpt from the piece;

"When ever a woman says a man is bad, what she does not understand is that she herself is bad because humans do not attract that which they want, but that which they are. Not what they pray and wish for, but that which they are. So you must improve yourself to the level of what you want, to get what you want."

Not all women who reach the above conclusion, are bad in themselves. The same goes for guys too, some persons have been truly hurt by unfortunate experiences. But I am of the same opinion that it is wrong to judge all men an the basis of a past friendship turned sour.

Keep up the good work, I sincerely hope I'll read this in a book someday.
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by dipotepede(m): 9:09am On Oct 05, 2006
@ Uzygirl, Goodguy, Salsera, NSNA, Scorpio, Orikinla

A big thanx for taking time out to comment. I really appreciate it.
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by Orikinla(m): 11:05am On Oct 05, 2006
dipotepede:

@ Uzygirl, Goodguy, Salsera, NSNA, Scorpio, Orikinla

A big thanx for taking time out to comment. I really appreciate it.

Dipotepede,
May I invite you to submit your short stories for the Amazon Shorts where selected short stories are published and sold on Amazon.com.

Just see http://www.michaelchima.gather.com for details.

I want us to have our own Nigerian record breaking bestsellers.
If we can win the Nobel Prize and the Booker Prize, then we can write bestsellers to even surpass the Harry Potter novels and Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code. I get flushed when I read Western writers selling 20 to 200 million copies of only one or two novels.
And since 1958 to date Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart has only sold a little over 2 million copies in 49 years! And over 60 million copies of the Da Vinci Code have been sold within only two years!

I refuse to accept the monopoly of Western writers.
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by dipotepede(m): 3:19pm On Nov 21, 2006
Wow Orikinla,

Thanx,
Re: Story: Memoirs Of A Virgin by Seun(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2006
The last part of your story is non-fiction. But why?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Professional Proofreading And Copyediting Service / I Have A Crush On Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Where Can I Download Books From The African Writers Series?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.