Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,141 members, 7,849,567 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:19 AM

Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise (2203 Views)

My GSD Is Aggressive Towards Me (Smart has died!!!) / Diary Of My Gsd, Kiara (kiki) / 5 Months + Few Days OLD PEDIGREE Male Caucasian Orvchaka 4Sale (Pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by buchichukwu69: 8:01am On Apr 13, 2015
Hi.
At 5 months, my GSD's ears are still down as in the below pictures. We are all becoming worried in the house. Will they ever stand completely?

She's female, fed with Diamond puppy food mixed with indomie and chicken remnant. She still has a few milk teeth.

I never saw the parents but got them from a trusted friend who says she's pedigree.

Pls advise.

Thank you, All.

Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by wunmi590(m): 8:41am On Apr 13, 2015
I don't know much about dog, people like prodeegee and other would help you out when they definitely come online.

BTW: you got a beautiful dog
Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by knyte(m): 9:11am On Apr 13, 2015
buchichukwu69:
Hi.
At 5 months, my GSD's ears are still down as in the below pictures. We are all becoming worried in the house. Will they ever stand completely?

She's female, fed with Diamond puppy food mixed with indomie and chicken remnant. She still has a few milk teeth.

I never saw the parents but got them from a trusted friend who says she's pedigree.

Pls advise.

Thank you, All.

You have a very lovely dog, good coat nd tan color. Came across this and decided to share with you so dont panic. Do you also give your dog multivitamins cos dy do help a lot

https://www.google.com.ng/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=gXkrVZmsHY2v7Aakp4HICg&url=http://www.mynewgerman.com/page_faq__more_info_when_will_my_puppies_ears_go_up.html&ved=0CCgQFjAC&usg=AFQjCNGvpxafUKthSqMB-bMQRRXODEpu0w

2 Likes

Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by Prodeegee(m): 7:58pm On Apr 13, 2015
you have a lovely dog. stop bothering yourself about the ears.

1 Like

Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by nickyvil: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2015
I'm a vet doctor , your dog's lovely,the coats so lovely your gonna love her litter if you crossed her with a good pedigree male but I need to ask you few questions first...
When last do you have her checked up by a vet? When last do you deworm her? When last do you give her anti biotics cos I've come to a similar case at the end the dog is infected so the ear dropped immediately I treated him n gave him anti biotics it worked... Just try to notice her poo the way she played if she eats very well but some dogs are healthy n the ear will come up at the right time for them so you need to to panic but to observed.
Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by Prodeegee(m): 9:43am On Apr 14, 2015
nickyvil:
I'm a vet doctor , your dog lovely the coats so lovely your gonna love her litter if you crossed her with a good pedigree male but I need to ask you feel questions first...
When last do you have her checked up by a vet? When last do you deworm her? When last do you give her anti biotics cos I've come to a similar case at the end the dog is infected so the ear dropped immediately I treated him n gave him anti biotics it worked... Just try to notice her poo the way she played if she eats very well but some dogs are healthy n the ear will come up at the right time for them so you need to to panic but to observed.

Hmmm vet
Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by tobolos(m): 11:45am On Apr 14, 2015
i also face the same problem with my 3 months alsatian.i believe continous proper balanced feeding will do the magic.

Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by knyte(m): 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2015
In summary all pikin no fit start to dy waka d same age*drops mic

1 Like

Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by buchichukwu69: 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
wunmi590:
........people like prodeegee and other would help.....
knyte:
In summary all pikin no fit start to dy waka d same age*drops mic
nickyvil:
I'm a vet doctor....
Prodeegee:
you have a lovely dog....

It means I'll just have to take mind mind off the ears.
I am really grateful to all of you guys for the reassurance and encouragement.
I hope to get back with cheerful news.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by buchichukwu69: 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2015
tobolos:
i also face the same problem with my 3 months alsatian.i believe continous proper balanced feeding will do the magic.
Guess we just have to wait some more. So say the masters. grin
Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by mayorall(m): 7:32pm On Apr 14, 2015
buchichukwu69:

Guess we just have to wait some more. So say the masters. grin

Do you feed balanced diet. Home made food or Processed imported food?.
Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by wesleychidi(m): 2:12pm On Apr 27, 2015
nickyvil:
I'm a vet doctor , your dog's lovely,the coats so lovely your gonna love her litter if you crossed her with a good pedigree male but I need to ask you few questions first...
Doc,it has nothing to do with any infection biko. The dog isn't a pedigree GSD,I suspect there is a Caucasian gene in d blood line hence d drooping ears.

1 Like

Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by vicdamm(m): 2:57pm On Apr 27, 2015
just feed the dog properly and dont miss any medication.. if its a pure bred gsd then the ears would still stand as ive seen several cases of such.

nice dog by the way
Re: Pix of My GSD's Ears At 5 Months, Pls Advise by Haryobame: 10:32pm On Apr 28, 2015
smiles... .....not a full gsd....sowi to say..i
food will not make d ear to stand oh.....but wait..till 6month..shaaaa lets see d outcome..

(1) (Reply)

Brindle Female Boerboel Up For Grabs. / The 10 Dogs Breed That Live The Longest / Animals Giving Birth Caught On Camera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.