Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

The Death That God Avert:my Experience. - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Death That God Avert:my Experience. (1371 Views)

Senate Reacts To The Death Of 3 Corpers, Calls For NYSC Overhaul / My Experience As A Corp Member In Benue State. / The Death That God Avert:my Experience. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by btaliat(m): 9:15am On Apr 13, 2015
With a heart full of gratitude, I pick up ma fone to write this. My joy knows no bound when my name was shortlisted for INEC ad hoc staff member. Little did o knw that I was heading to a lion's den. Guess, I am goin too far, lemme start proper.
I am a serving corp member in Nsit Ibom in Akwa Ibom. I was posted to Assang Ward 4 unit 6 for the presidential election. We were told to go to RAC on 27th March and we should go there fully prepared especially with different networks in order to b communicating with our SPO. This instruction made me carried ma three phones- BB9930, Nokia E63 and Nokia 104. With two shirts, ma ID cards and other things including money.
Around 11 am on the 28th March, I arrived at ma pooling unit together with my APOS and civil defence. We av finished the accreditatio. During the voting process, one of the agents snatched the election bag which contained result sheet, the next thing was pandemonium. Everybody ran for his dear life. Bt unfortunately for us, we were caught, I was beaten ti I fainted bt they told me that they won't leave me until I die. I asked them to let me pray in which they agreed.
Luckily for me, one councillor from another Ward (ward3) saw them and rescued me. He took me to his house and gave me cloth to wear bkos I was left wt only boxer.
He later took me to INEC office where I met my other APOs bt unfortunately, the civil defence was killed. I thanked God that I was only beaten and lost valuable documents bt I wasn't killed. Thanks to the following people-the state cordinator of NYSC-Ngozi Chukwuka, head of CDS-Pastor Kunle Ogunsanya,Corp Welfare-Mr Jide. LI of Nsit Ibom-mr syvelster. Corp members in Nsit Ibom, Police in Ikot nya. I thank God that I am here now celebrating ma birthday.hapi birthday

1 Like

Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 13, 2015
Thank God o
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by DuchessLily(f): 9:20am On Apr 13, 2015
Happy birthday to u and thank God for ur life
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by shawnfamous(m): 9:23am On Apr 13, 2015
Happy birthday! Bt u didnt state hw much they were to pay u
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 13, 2015
HBD to you and blessed God for your life
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by btaliat(m): 9:26am On Apr 13, 2015
shawnfamous:
Happy birthday! Bt u didnt state hw much they were to pay u
I was only compensated by the Chairman of the local govt.
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by btaliat(m): 9:27am On Apr 13, 2015
Thanks to everybody that wishes me HBD
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by shawnfamous(m): 9:30am On Apr 13, 2015
btaliat:

I was only compensated by the Chairman of the local govt.
Ehn hw much!
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by btaliat(m): 9:49am On Apr 13, 2015
shawnfamous:
Ehn hw much!
Not even up to half of what I lost.
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by johnbimbo12(m): 10:57am On Apr 13, 2015
Wow... That's a great testimony!
Thank God for your life bro. It shows you're needed in this generation.
And happy birthday to you.
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by btaliat(m): 11:36am On Apr 13, 2015
johnbimbo12:
Thanks ma bro. I pray u wil nt b cut down bfor ur glory too
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by btaliat(m): 11:38am On Apr 13, 2015
johnbimbo12:
Thanks ma bro, I pray u wi nt b cut down bfor ur glory too

1 Like

Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 14, 2015
sorry about that.....Thanks to God
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by bright007(f): 7:10am On Apr 14, 2015
thank God for your life. He preserved you for a reason,go ahead and fulfill that reason.
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by akwaajaahuogu: 10:10am On Apr 16, 2015
SORRY BROS WHICH SCHOOL ARE YOU POSTED TO
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by btaliat(m): 8:09am On Apr 17, 2015
akwaajaahuogu:
SORRY BROS WHICH SCHOOL ARE YOU POSTED TO
Nsit People's Grammar School, Afaha Offiong, Nsit ibom.
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by apprentist(m): 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2015
A touching story indeed. I'm happy wt the way it ended though. The last election was indeed bloody and I pray the bloodshed ended wt it.
Congrats on ur Birthday Sir.
Re: The Death That God Avert:my Experience. by Brymo: 1:04pm On Apr 29, 2015
thank God for you. Ọlọrun ṣégun.

(1) (Reply)

Abia State Owing Nysc Batch B 2016 State Allowance. / The Minimum Wage Should Be Implemented Now For Serving Nysc Members / NYSC 2015 A: What Is To Be Done B4 May

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.