Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,723 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Air Bag Light Reset - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Air Bag Light Reset (815 Views)

Air Bag Warning Light Constantly On. / I am in Need of 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Air Bag Clock Spring / Honda Has Started Recalling Their Latest Product Cr-vs-2016 Over Air Bag Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Bag Light Reset by oyoman(m): 10:08am On Apr 13, 2015
Good morning all,
Can somebody please educate me on how to reset airbag light.
The light came on after washing my car (volkswagen sharan) at a car wash. In the cause of washing the car water splash on the dash board which affect the car tape, a/c and the air bag light. after the water dry off the a/c works normal, the radio was ok but the air bag light refused to go off since then.
Any useful information on how to reset this light will be appreciated.
thanks in anticipation
Re: Air Bag Light Reset by tutaboi(m): 10:27am On Apr 13, 2015
Bro is your horn working?
Re: Air Bag Light Reset by tutaboi(m): 10:46am On Apr 13, 2015
Why I asked was because there was a time I took my car(Honda) for an alignment, and whn the man done working on my stirring , my air bag light came on and my horn was hornning partially. And at a point stopped working.
I then called to the attention of my rewire who changed somtin I bought #1500 and my horn started working but the air bag light was still showing, I asked the rewire encase of any emergency hope dis airbag will activate. But I wasn't comfortable with his response . But up till dis moment am still driving with the the air bag light on. Meanwhile still looking for a solution .

1 Like

Re: Air Bag Light Reset by mayor2013: 11:24am On Apr 13, 2015
For both cases you need to run a scan on your airbags. Am very sure your squib sensor (clock spring is faulty) this component controls the airbag, horn and what ever accessories you might have on your steering. Its a bit tricky fixing it but it can be fixed by a competent auto electrician.
Re: Air Bag Light Reset by oyoman(m): 12:09pm On Apr 13, 2015
the horn is working perfectly

(1) (Reply)

See What This Guy Did With Keke Napep | Photo / Air-free Tires That Cannot Run Flat From Hankook / ABS Light On 1997 Odyssey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.