Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,730 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

My Question On 'heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Question On 'heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves' (988 Views)

Noah's Ark And The Animals - My Question / TB Joshua Helps An Indonesian Lady & Her Family After Murder Allegation / Download Free Gospel Music: Bob Dylan - Knockin' On Heaven's Door (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Question On 'heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves' by BodePolScience: 10:09am On Apr 13, 2015
The statement 'heaven helps those who help themselves' cannot be found anywhere in the bible but I do think the principle behind the statement is correct and biblical. For example, Jacob helped himself by trying to appease his brother(Esau) with gifts. Also, David helped himself by asking God weather he should chase those who plundered his properties including wives and we know the rest of the story. Paul admonishes the Christians to work with their own hands. Also, on the issue of salvation, Paul said we should work out our salvation... Though the statement is not in the bible, is the statement a godly or biblical principle?
Re: My Question On 'heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves' by Jerryjat(m): 10:15am On Apr 13, 2015
It a Proverb... An Adage...
Re: My Question On 'heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves' by Tallesty1(m): 10:15am On Apr 13, 2015
BodePolScience:
The statement 'heaven helps those who help themselves' cannot be found anywhere in the bible but I do think the principle behind the statement is correct and biblical. For example, Jacob helped himself by trying to appease his brother(Esau) with gifts. Also, David helped himself by asking God weather he should chase those who plundered his properties including wives and we know the rest of the story. Paul admonishes the Christians to work with their own hands. Also, on the issue of salvation, Paul said we should work out our salvation... Though the statement is not in the bible, is the statement a godly or biblical principle?
God
helps the helpless! Isaiah 25:4 declares, "For
You have been a defense for the helpless, a
defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge
from the storm, a shade from the heat..."
Romans 5:6 tells us, "For while we were still
helpless, at the right time Christ died for the
ungodly."

Jacob tried to bribe Easau but showed him that the work of his hands cannot get him anything. Easau refused his gifts

2 Likes

Re: My Question On 'heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves' by BodePolScience: 10:35am On Apr 13, 2015
Tallesty1:
God
helps the helpless! Isaiah 25:4 declares, "For
You have been a defense for the helpless, a
defense for the needy in his distress, a refuge
from the storm, a shade from the heat..."
Romans 5:6 tells us, "For while we were still
helpless, at the right time Christ died for the
ungodly."

Jacob tried to bribe Easau but showed him that the work of his hands cannot get him anything. Easau refused his gifts
Indeed, God helps the helpless or the incapacitated but the ungodly have to help himself by claiming the redemptive power and diligently obey the commandments. Also, God helps a student who study to pass an examination
Re: My Question On 'heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves' by frank317: 10:38am On Apr 13, 2015
BodePolScience:
Indeed, God helps the helpless or the incapacitated and God helps a student who study to pass an examination

U know thats a lie... God helps no helpless
Re: My Question On 'heaven Helps Those Who Help Themselves' by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 13, 2015
BodePolScience:
Indeed, God helps the helpless or the incapacitated but the ungodly have to help himself by claiming the redemptive power and diligently obey the commandments. Also, God helps a student who study to pass an examination

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha....

this is the funniest shii I've ever read in my life.

(1) (Reply)

7 Tips To Help Christians When Passing Through Inevitable Challenges / Joy Killers. / Amazing..goliath'skull Found In HOLYLAND With Stone 4rm D Stringshot Of DAVID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.