Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,681 members, 7,955,523 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:16 AM

7 Tips To Help Christians When Passing Through Inevitable Challenges - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Tips To Help Christians When Passing Through Inevitable Challenges (1010 Views)

Muslims Try To Save Christians When Islamist Terrorists Storm Kenyan School Pic / Shiite Members Celebrate Christmas With Christians In Kaduna (Photos) / Pls Christians, When Is Easter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Tips To Help Christians When Passing Through Inevitable Challenges by TRalph(m): 3:11am On May 18, 2015
This is a sequel to [Article-Accepting the Hard and Difficult Truth As a Christian, You Will Pass Through Inevitable Challenges by T-Ralph - http://www.teachingoftheword.com/show_article.php?article_id=151]. I recommend that you read that first, if you haven’t, before reading this.

Here are a few tips that can be of immense help when passing through
challenges as a Christian:

1. Be Receptive: Accept the challenge as a normal phase in your Christian journey whether you caused it or not. If you indeed read the first sequel from the link above, you will understand this point better. Do not keep asking “why me?” Ask “why not me?” Accept the challenge. However, do not accept defeat. As a Christian, you have a victorious life in Christ Jesus (1Jn 5:4). So, accept the challenge and rise over it; do not accept defeat.

2. Be Joyous: I understand and agree that facing a challenge (heartbreak, loss of loved ones or property, disappointment and so on) can make you so depressed and sad; I have been through it myself. But, you have to be joyous. This is because the joy of the Lord is your strength (Neh 8:10). You cannot afford to lose your joy because you will lose your strength. Being happy is based on your good circumstances, but, being joyous is based on the Holy Spirit. Joy is a fruit of the spirit (Gal 5:22). Hence, tap into the Spirit for the joy to strengthen you through the challenge.

3. Be Hopeful: Hope brings confidence (Heb 10:35). Hope is a positive expectation of good (as popularly quoted by Pastor Joseph Prince www.josephprince.org and www.josephprince.com). We can learn from Abraham, who against hope, yet still hoped (Rom 4:18) till he received the promise of a son even at a terribly old age. Therefore, even if the challenge has brought you down several times, rise up again in hope because hope will birth faith in you (1Cor 13:13). Hope will not make you ashamed (Ps 119:116, Rom 5:5).

4. Be Positive: As much as the challenge tries to bring negativity around you, it is time to let out from within, the positivity in your spirit. Therefore, speak positivity, not negativity. Speak out the Word of God consistently. Whenever the challenge brings out negativity, speak the countering part of the Word of God. This is why you need to study and be filled with the Word (Col 3:16).
Do not relent even if it seems nothing changes. For example, when sadness/depression of a failed exam comes to mind, speak forth “What I lay my hands upon shall prosper (Gen 39:23, Josh 1:7, etc)”, “I am a success (Josh 1:cool”, etc. you get?

5. Be Prayerful: Ask and you shall receive (Mat 7:7). Ask till your joy is full (Jn 16:24). Never give up on prayer. Even when it seems prayers are not changing anything, prayer changes you at least (Quote by oluwamary – http://www.teachingoftheword.com/quotes.php?user=7 Prayer may not change all things for you but surely changes you for all things.). Keep praying and asking and praising God till everything changes for good as you pass through to the end of the challenge.

6. Be Patient: The trial of your faith works patience in you (Jam 1:3). Sincerely, there is no other way to learn/demonstrate the gift of patience than through challenges. Abraham waited for at least 25 years until he was 100 years old for the promise child (Gen 12:4, 21:5). Patience is a vital key in the Christian life. We need patience before obtaining the promise (Heb 10:36). Do not think in your head that it is time for you to overcome the challenge. Just wait and keep waiting until the “appointed time” for the end of the challenge to come and the promise to be fulfilled. As you follow the tips above by being receptive, joyous, hopeful, patient and prayerful, remember to be patient, as in very very patient. Just as a close friend of mine @oluwamary (http://www.teachingoftheword.com/get_search.php?profile=oluwamary) says, when your patience is exhausted, switch to long-suffering (Gal 5:22).

7. Be Attentive: There are certain things that we will never learn without going through challenges in life as a Christian. So, be attentive to the Holy Spirit and learn the necessary lessons as soon/promptly as possible. One of such lessons is patience (as mentioned above). As you go through the challenge, the Holy Spirit will make you stronger and comfort you (Jn 14:16). This same strength is useful for further challenges and also, helping others.
Likewise, the comfort you have received during your own challenge is useful in comforting others during their own challenges too (2Cor 1:4). Just like I am doing right now. *smiles*

I believe these tips are useful for you in that challenge you are currently going through.

May the Lord continue to lead us and teach us in His Way. Amen.

T-Ralph

http://www.teachingoftheword.com/show_article.php?article_id=152
Re: 7 Tips To Help Christians When Passing Through Inevitable Challenges by fromnigeria(m): 5:17am On May 18, 2015
No. 8 but really No. 1: Have faith
Re: 7 Tips To Help Christians When Passing Through Inevitable Challenges by ozogula1010: 6:28pm On May 18, 2015
GOD BLESS YOU,IT DID
Re: 7 Tips To Help Christians When Passing Through Inevitable Challenges by DrCobo(m): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2015
This should have made front page on a sunday..Thanks op

(1) (Reply)

Amazing! See The Just Exhumed Skull Of Goliath By An Archeologist. / A Guide To Breaking Bad Habits By Lildreezy / Where The Church Got It Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.