Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,651 members, 7,809,457 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. (89994 Views)

Finally Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Ready To Re-marry…. / Emeka Ike To Pastor Chris Okotie: You Are An Anti-christ / Lamar Odum To Spill Full Details On Why Khloe Kardashian Divorced Him On Oprah's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 14, 2015
Founder of Believers Love World Ministry aka Christ Embassy, Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, has finally spoken on the divorce suit filed against him by his wife after a long time of silence on the issue.

According to Daily Post, Oyakhilome described the allegations leveled against him as “crazy” and “stupid” and urged his church members to pray for his estranged wife while speaking on Sunday evening during the monthly global communion service of the church.

Pastor Oyakhilome, who appeared disturbed during his first few minutes on stage, acknowledged that divorce is unBiblical but suggested he could consider the option should his wife insist on it.

“I heard that some media houses – especially in Nigeria, are writing some things against me. All sorts of frivolous charges, that’s crazy.

“You have to understand something about a man of God. A man of God is not just someone who worships God or preaches God. A man of God is handpicked by God, set on course by God. If you study the scriptures, you will not find one man of God go against God, sinning against God.

“The only thing you might find will be a man of God, maybe in two different kinds of ways. Moses, for example, when he struck the rock twice, he was provoked by the anger of the people. It was not because he wanted to do something against the Lord. No man of God does something against the Lord.

“Are you hearing me? A man of God is set on a course; there is a type of life that he is given. Then you have a young man, a young prophet; he wasn’t named; he was deceived by another man of God and so he went in a direction that God said ‘don’t go’.

“That is the only kind of thing you find about a man of God when he misses the message of God or he acts beyond what God said. But a man of God settles himself in the fight against the world…like those writing those stupid things about me, that I did this and I did that.

“You don’t know who a man of God is. I don’t go in that direction. I wasn’t accused of the things you said, nor did I commit those stupid things that you said and I don’t need to go into that level in such discussions”.

He recalled that Jesus passed through similar travails and eventually overcame.

He said that although so many people were making mockery of him, he would remain steadfast and not lose focus.

“Jesus Christ was accused by many– a lot of frivolous charges. There will always be those who would like for it to be true. But you know, in spite of the accusations against Jesus, It didn’t change who he was. It didn’t change him.

“There are preachers and there are men of God. I am not a preacher; I am a man of God and I go in the way I’m asked to go. It may cause some troubles with individuals but that’s not because I have done something wrong and when it comes to Reverend Anita, what I will say to you is ‘pray for her’.

“Don’t act like those people. If you are married to a man of God, it doesn’t make you automatically mature. You can make mistakes; you can do something that is wrong. But some people expect the wife of a minister to definitely be at the level of that minister and so they may be looked upon and the expectation may be like that, but it’s a positional thing.

“If a man of God is married, it doesn’t automatically mean that the wife of a man of God is therefore a woman of God. That’s not the way it is in the Bible. That’s why you don’t really find the wives of men of God mentioned in the Bible. How many of them? Who was Peter’s wife, did you ever know her name? You never find that out. Who was John’s wife? Did you ever read the name? What about all the other Apostles? How many of their names are written in the Bible? You never find their names”, he added.

POST SOURCE: http://www.klassicwap.com/archives/162

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 14, 2015
ok o
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by Ladybluecash(f): 10:44am On Apr 14, 2015
Na so rev king talk, whr him dey today..... My God is a good lord,,,, Yes he is
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by sayemma: 10:59am On Apr 14, 2015
If our marriage breaks down, we must not fool ourselves and others by insisting we are standing
in the righteousness of God

Christian pastors have become demigods. Their word is law; no questions asked. As Jesus said,
they teach as doctrines the commandments of men. (Matthew 15:9). They come up with all
kinds of self-serving principles that turn scripture on its head; just in order to justify themselves
before men and control their lives. I want to discuss Pastor Chris Oyakhilome.

Man of God
Pastor Chris is going through a rough patch at the moment. His wife, Pastor Anita, has filed for
divorce, accusing him of having inappropriate relationships with female church members, among
other things. Instead of waiting for his day in court, Pastor Chris has resorted to bogus
interpretations of the scriptures; even proclaiming he is a “man of God” and therefore above sin.

Pastor Chris declared to his congregation through a live telecast: “There are preachers and there
are men of God. I am not a preacher; I am a man of God, and I go in the way I’m asked to go.
You have to understand something about a man of God. A man of God is not just someone who
worships God or preaches God. A man of God is handpicked by God, set on course by God. If
you study the scriptures, you will not find one man of God go against God, sinning against God.”
What nonsense! Who made Pastor Chris a man of God? From which school of theology did he
get his sinless distinction? John says: “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and
the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to
cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and
his word is not in us.” (1 John 1:8-10).

David was a “man of God.” (2 Chronicles 8:14). Yet he committed adultery with Bathsheba.
Balaam was a “man of God;” yet he became apostate. The “man of God” who came from Judah
was killed by a lion because he sinned against God. (1 Kings 13:23-26).

But listen to what Pastor Chris says about himself: “We are not working in sin and living in sin
and hoping that we can mix sin and righteousness together. We are the manifestation of his
righteousness.” This is standing logic on its head. If our marriage breaks down, we must not
fool ourselves and others by insisting like Pastor Chris that we are standing in the righteousness
of God. There is no righteousness in divorce.

False Christ
In the bid to justify himself, Pastor Chris is fabricating similarities between Jesus Christ and
himself. He said: “Jesus Christ was accused by many – a lot of frivolous charges. There will
always be those who would like for it to be true. But you know, in spite of the accusations
against Jesus, it didn’t change who he was.”

However, Pastor Chris is not Jesus. Many accusations were indeed leveled against Jesus, but
they were not made by his wife and they did not include inappropriate relationships with the
opposite sex.

In short, Pastor Chris might be whoever he likes, but he is certainly not Jesus. Jesus says: “If I
bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.” (John 5:31).

Yes, there are “men of God” in the Old Testament. However, Jesus created no such distinction in
the New Testament; we are all “children of God.” Jesus says: “Unless you are converted and
become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:3).
Indeed, Jesus was implacably opposed to men like Pastor Chris, who sit on pedestals and claim
to be holier-than-thou. He says:

“Their lives are perpetual fashion shows, embroidered prayer shawls one day and flowery prayers
the next. They love to sit at the head table at church dinners, basking in the prominent positions,
preening in the radiance of public flattery, receiving honorary degrees, and getting called ‘Doctor’
and ‘Reverend’. Don’t let people do that to you, put you on a pedestal like that. You all have a
single Teacher, and you are all classmates.” (Matthew 23:5-.

Male chauvinism
While Oyakhilome was busy elevating himself, he was also snidely putting down his wife. He
said: “If you are married to a man of God, it doesn’t make you automatically mature. You can
make mistakes; you can do something that is wrong. But some people expect the wife of a
minister to definitely be at the level of that minister.”

This is an arrogant statement. What makes Oyakhilome more spiritually mature than his wife?
By what measure and by what criteria did he come to ascribe this superiority to himself? Anita
Oyakhilome was also a minister. She was a so-called pastor of a London branch of Christ
Embassy. So why should Pastor Chris presume himself more “minister” than her.

If we are to accept Pastor Chris’ bogus self-appellation as a “man of God;” what disqualifies
Anita from also being called a “woman of God?” Are women inferior to men? Oyakhilome said:
“If a man of God is married, it doesn’t automatically mean that the wife of a man of God is
therefore a woman of God. That’s not the way it is in the Bible. That’s why you don’t really find
the wives of men of God mentioned in the Bible…. You never find their names.”

What poppycock! When one of the female pastors in his audience asked why the names of
wives of the men of God were not mentioned in the bible; Oyakhilome’s response was a classic.
He exclaimed: “Why? You ask God when you find him. Ask God when you find him!”

But it was not God who fabricated this theory that the wife of a man of God cannot also be a
woman of God simply because wives’ names are not mentioned in the bible. It was Chris
Oyakhilome. Therefore, it is up to Chris Oyakhilome to provide us with another bogus
explanation.

Pastor Chris ended his diatribe by saying: “When it comes to Reverend Anita, what I will say to
you is ‘pray for her.’” There is no doubt that, more than anybody else; it is Pastor Chris himself
that is greatly in need of prayer.

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by delishpot: 11:13am On Apr 14, 2015
Wetin person want talk now? Let me allow God fight his battle I nor fit shout.
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by Mariojane(f): 11:57am On Apr 14, 2015
hmmm
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by Lilimax(f): 12:48pm On Apr 14, 2015
Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. (I corinthians 10:12)
It can be another person tomorrow...

1 Like

Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by Glowstone(m): 1:13pm On Apr 14, 2015
summary please undecided ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by IdeeEsperanza(m): 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2015
I wish Pastor Chris well. I hope the come back together.

1 Like

Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by liveyourlife: 3:00pm On Apr 14, 2015
That's Mr. Chris Again. Wish u Good luck sir.
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by Pebcak: 3:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
angry shocked
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by Slami101(m): 3:18pm On Apr 14, 2015
Old News
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by adanduka: 4:09pm On Apr 14, 2015
Don't think these were his actual words
If they were then I must say he uses the word 'silly' like its nothing.
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by KriTic24A: 8:33pm On Apr 14, 2015
This mamon loving pastor again?
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by debbybash: 3:28pm On May 28, 2019
@sayemma......youre an example of someone who quotes what is in the word and doesn't understand

Understand the word!!!!

1 Like

Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by Desemond: 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2019
Get to know about pastor Chris oyakhilome new wife at https://bestofchristianity.com/pastor-chris-oyakhilome-new-wife/
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by NobleAngell(f): 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2019
So the summary of this epistle is that you are guiltless in the whole drama. Nawao.
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by mrotas: 11:04pm On Mar 18, 2020
What people can learn from their story is that no one is immune to marital problems. Just accept this challenges and maintain a positive outlook. Thus matters more.
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by NobleAngell(f): 8:15am On Mar 19, 2020
This thread was created in 2015... this is 2020.
Water under the bridge.
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by Nobody: 8:33am On Mar 19, 2020
sayemma:
If our marriage breaks down, we must not fool ourselves and others by insisting we are standing

Christian pastors have become demigods. Their word is law; no questions asked. As Jesus said,
they teach as doctrines the commandments of men. (Matthew 15:9). They come up with all
kinds of self-serving principles that turn scripture on its head; just in order to justify themselves

Man of God
Pastor Chris is going through a rough patch at the moment. His wife, Pastor Anita, has filed for
divorce, accusing him of having inappropriate relationships with female church members, among
other things. Instead of waiting for his day in court, Pastor Chris has resorted to bogus
interpretations of the scriptures; even proclaiming he is a “man of God” and therefore above sin.

Pastor Chris declared to his congregation through a live telecast: “There are preachers and there
are men of God. I am not a preacher; I am a man of God, and I go in the way I’m asked to go.
You have to understand something about a man of God. A man of God is not just someone who
worships God or preaches God. A man of God is handpicked by God, set on course by God. If
you study the scriptures, you will not find one man of God go against God, sinning against God.”
What nonsense! Who made Pastor Chris a man of God? From which school of theology did he
get his sinless distinction? John says: “If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and
the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to
cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and

David was a “man of God.” (2 Chronicles 8:14). Yet he committed adultery with Bathsheba.
Balaam was a “man of God;” yet he became apostate. The “man of God” who came from Judah

But listen to what Pastor Chris says about himself: “We are not working in sin and living in sin
and hoping that we can mix sin and righteousness together. We are the manifestation of his
righteousness.” This is standing logic on its head. If our marriage breaks down, we must not
fool ourselves and others by insisting like Pastor Chris that we are standing in the righteousness

False Christ
In the bid to justify himself, Pastor Chris is fabricating similarities between Jesus Christ and
himself. He said: “Jesus Christ was accused by many – a lot of frivolous charges. There will
always be those who would like for it to be true. But you know, in spite of the accusations

However, Pastor Chris is not Jesus. Many accusations were indeed leveled against Jesus, but
they were not made by his wife and they did not include inappropriate relationships with the
opposite sex.

In short, Pastor Chris might be whoever he likes, but he is certainly not Jesus. Jesus says: “If I

Yes, there are “men of God” in the Old Testament. However, Jesus created no such distinction in
the New Testament; we are all “children of God.” Jesus says: “Unless you are converted and
become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 18:3).
Indeed, Jesus was implacably opposed to men like Pastor Chris, who sit on pedestals and claim

“Their lives are perpetual fashion shows, embroidered prayer shawls one day and flowery prayers
the next. They love to sit at the head table at church dinners, basking in the prominent positions,
preening in the radiance of public flattery, receiving honorary degrees, and getting called ‘Doctor’
and ‘Reverend’. Don’t let people do that to you, put you on a pedestal like that. You all have a

Male chauvinism
While Oyakhilome was busy elevating himself, he was also snidely putting down his wife. He
said: “If you are married to a man of God, it doesn’t make you automatically mature. You can
make mistakes; you can do something that is wrong. But some people expect the wife of a

This is an arrogant statement. What makes Oyakhilome more spiritually mature than his wife?
By what measure and by what criteria did he come to ascribe this superiority to himself? Anita
Oyakhilome was also a minister. She was a so-called pastor of a London branch of Christ

If we are to accept Pastor Chris’ bogus self-appellation as a “man of God;” what disqualifies
Anita from also being called a “woman of God?” Are women inferior to men? Oyakhilome said:
“If a man of God is married, it doesn’t automatically mean that the wife of a man of God is
therefore a woman of God. That’s not the way it is in the Bible. That’s why you don’t really find

What poppycock! When one of the female pastors in his audience asked why the names of
wives of the men of God were not mentioned in the bible; Oyakhilome’s response was a classic.

But it was not God who fabricated this theory that the wife of a man of God cannot also be a
woman of God simply because wives’ names are not mentioned in the bible. It was Chris
Oyakhilome. Therefore, it is up to Chris Oyakhilome to provide us with another bogus
explanation.

Pastor Chris ended his diatribe by saying: “When it comes to Reverend Anita, what I will say to
you is ‘pray for her.’” There is no doubt that, more than anybody else; it is Pastor Chris himself

Word.
I used to really love pastor chris.
After that sermon & divorce I was highly dissapointed.

1 Like

Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by ejiaro: 12:35pm On Mar 19, 2020
ok o
it is well
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by hothire(f): 1:24pm On Mar 19, 2020
Nigerians and hypocrisy. When he donated an engineering faculty that cost one billion naira for the futherance of science education in Nigeria, you were nowhere to be found. Don't even get me started on he did it for a private university because we both know that that school is not expensive. But if it is to talk about private matters that you know nothing about, you are here with your epistle. Do you know what actually transpired between him and his wife? Be the judge if your life, and not others.

sayemma:

Man of God

False Christ

opposite sex.

Male chauvinism

explanation.

1 Like

Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 29, 2020
A satanist. A man of the devil. Worthless.
Re: Finally: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Revealed Why His Wife Divorced Him. by CentVickBlog: 10:44pm On Jun 29, 2020
NobleAngell:
This thread was created in 2015... this is 2020.
Water under the bridge.

CentVick Blog

News/viral videos/ funny videos/Memes/riddles/�comics/hookup/twerk challenge
Join ������

https:///centvicktv

(1) (Reply)

Temi Otedola Graduates From University College London (More Photos) / Kcee Builds A House In Uli, Anambra (photos, Video) / Frank Edwards Car Snatched And Returned In A 'Miraculous' Way (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.