Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,291 members, 7,954,161 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:24 PM

Advice Please:short Term Memory/memory Loss About To Cause Me Suicide - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Advice Please:short Term Memory/memory Loss About To Cause Me Suicide (717 Views)

When You See God He Uses Just Words To Cause/effect / Advice Please...my Mum Isn't Worried About My Future! / 6 Things That Can Cause You Disgrace And Embarassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Please:short Term Memory/memory Loss About To Cause Me Suicide by amsoslim(m): 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2015
A friend of mine who is in his late twenties confided in me that he has been having challenges remembering immediate events,names of people and most times the things he reads, But remembers events that had happened some years back,even when he was a lad.
What are the possible cause(s) of the short term memory/memory loss?
Is there any possible cure for his problem?
According to him he feels this inner inferiority complex because of what he is going through and have threatened to commit suicide cos of his problems.
Pls follow Nairalanders I need your advice on this,I don't wanna lose him
Re: Advice Please:short Term Memory/memory Loss About To Cause Me Suicide by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 14, 2015
"Your friend" needs to see a doctor

1 Like

Re: Advice Please:short Term Memory/memory Loss About To Cause Me Suicide by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2015
He should be taking pen and paper anywhere he finds himself. By writing down anything that comes his way and possibly try to put them in a form of song at least he can sing songs so if he can do that then he can defeat short term memory with that gradual process.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Please:short Term Memory/memory Loss About To Cause Me Suicide by Leopantro: 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2015
firstEVA:

Except he sees a psychiatrist for the possible suicidal thoughts I don't think he will get much respite from medical treatment.

I believe I can help only because I have been in that position before. I was able to get the below books that helped me tremendously. If he has a Dropbox account, PM and I would add your email address.
Hope it helps you more than it helped me.

1 Like

Re: Advice Please:short Term Memory/memory Loss About To Cause Me Suicide by amsoslim(m): 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2015
Wooow fanx Leopantro. U r a saviour
Leopantro:

Except he sees a psychiatrist for the possible suicidal thoughts I don't think he will get much respite from medical treatment.

I believe I can help only because I have been in that position before. I was able to get the below books that helped me tremendously. If he has a Dropbox account, PM and I would add your email address.
Hope it helps you more than it helped me.
Re: Advice Please:short Term Memory/memory Loss About To Cause Me Suicide by amsoslim(m): 6:16pm On Apr 14, 2015
firstEVA:
I adviced he sees a doctor which he confirmed that he already did that but isn't working
Re: Advice Please:short Term Memory/memory Loss About To Cause Me Suicide by amsoslim(m): 6:19pm On Apr 14, 2015
kaybiel2u:
He should be taking pen and paper anywhere he finds himself. By writing down anything that comes his way and possibly try to put them in a form of song at least he can sing songs so if he can do that then he can defeat short term memory with that gradual process.
fanx fr d contribution but don't u fink dat wuld mak him look more like a mad man? Writing as he walks on every street and singing?
Re: Advice Please:short Term Memory/memory Loss About To Cause Me Suicide by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2015
amsoslim:
fanx fr d contribution but don't u fink dat wuld mak him look more like a mad man? Writing as he walks on every street and singing?
well that was not what I mean. Anyway let him train his mind to remember thing tnx

1 Like

Re: Advice Please:short Term Memory/memory Loss About To Cause Me Suicide by amsoslim(m): 6:30pm On Apr 14, 2015
kaybiel2u:
well that was not what I mean. Anyway let him train his mind to remember thing tnx
U r right,but the question is how and where does he statrt from? Don't forget this is someone who hardly recalls what he reads

(1) (Reply)

Which Animal Are You? Ask Google Today And Get Stunned / Nairalanders, How Has The Year(2015) Turned Out For You So Far? / Wisdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.