Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

10 Life Lessons Learnt From Chess Game - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / 10 Life Lessons Learnt From Chess Game (1082 Views)

Lessons We Can Learn From Chess Game / Lessons I Learnt From Playing Video Games / How I Learnt Driving With Asphalt 8 - PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Life Lessons Learnt From Chess Game by Nobody: 8:28pm On Apr 15, 2015
1. In chess, every move has a purpose. Life obviously cannot be lived with this much unceasing calculation, nor should we want to live it that way,
but there are times when we must align our actions
with a predetermined strategy, instead of bumbling
through it.

2. Play for the advantage. If you already have it,
maintain it. If you don’t have it, seize it.

3. Everyone’s playing. Sometimes it’s a friendly,
often it is more serious. The problem is that not
everyone knows they’re playing – even after they
have made a move.

4. Seize the initiative. If you wait around for
someone else to make a decision for you, they
will… and you probably won’t like how it turns out.

5. Learn to spot patterns. There are often clearly
defined lines of success that work well. Learn to
see these when they repeat, and take advantage of
them.

6. Don’t get stuck on the formula. A little bit of
creativity and lateral thinking can often take you to
new heights.

7. Ignore what your opponent is trying to do at your
own peril. We often get so absorbed in our own
games and machinations that we ignore what is
going on around us. Be aware of threats and alert to opportunities.

8. Simplify.

9. If you only play patzers, you never really improve – take on a few tough challenges, and even if you lose, try to learn something new.

10. Cut your losses. Sometimes you are going to
lose material. Try to minimise your losses and
move on.

Source: https://seanhamptoncole./2013/03/26/living-strategically-50-lessons-chess-teaches-you-about-life/

1 Like

Re: 10 Life Lessons Learnt From Chess Game by darnley16(m): 8:48pm On Apr 15, 2015
Cool
Re: 10 Life Lessons Learnt From Chess Game by Beamborla(f): 8:49pm On Apr 15, 2015
Nice one.

You forgot to include sacrifice.
Sometimes you have to let go of a few of your officials to achieve a particular aim.
In life, there might come times when we need to let go of things we hold dear to achieve what we want

No body is totally valueless. Those rooks can help you regain some of your officials if well manipulated.
Sometimes, you just have to look deeper, you can always gain one or two things from that person you do not attach too much importance to.

Hope I made sense

2 Likes

Re: 10 Life Lessons Learnt From Chess Game by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 15, 2015
Beamborla:
Nice one.

You forgot to include sacrifice.
Sometimes you have to let go of a few of your officials to achieve a particular aim.
In life, there might come times when we need to let go of things we hold dear to achieve what we want

No body is totally valueless. Those rooks can help you regain some of your officials if well manipulated.
Sometimes, you just have to look deeper, you can always gain one or two things from that person you do not attach too much importance to.

Hope I made sense

Of course you made sense, Sometimes you have to sacrifice in order to achieve a break-through.

But also, Ignore meaningless threats. Anticipate and deal with dangerous ones swiftly.
Re: 10 Life Lessons Learnt From Chess Game by Nobody: 5:33pm On Apr 20, 2015
I never did get into chess...
....and now I have forgotten all the moves I was taught one day when much younger
Hope to meet someone who would teach me again
I believe it would make me more ?cool and calm cheesy

If scrabble would let me

(1) (Reply)

Ps 2 Games Required / Pro Evolution Soccer 2015 For Pc / Ppsspp Problem Installing Iso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.