Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

How I Became A Printing Apprentice After Service(nysc) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Became A Printing Apprentice After Service(nysc) (1800 Views)

Exxonmobil 2017 Entry-level Apprentice Program / Urgently Needed: Male Graphics / Printing Apprentice / Vacancies At A Printing Company In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Became A Printing Apprentice After Service(nysc) by thesource(m): 10:10am On Apr 16, 2015
I was one of the best students back in my higher institution days, which made my course mates and my junior ones at school come to me for one academic assistance or the other, it got to a point that people started calling me "Effiwey" and some preferred calling me "Effico" and usually told me not to bother myself looking for any job after service that the job would come looking for me which i usually laughed off as a joke. In the year 2010, i was one of those that graduated with a very good grade in my school, and i was full of joy, bliss and also very hopefull of the good things the future has for me. During my service year, i always prayed to God to give me a good job which i thought would not take me more than three months to secure after service. Finished service in 2012 and started job-hunting, i submitted my CV to different kinds of organisations and even submitted to schools, but all i got was "we will get back to you" after interview which they didn't. And before i could say Jack Robinson, i had spent two years at home doing nothing. So in March 2014, i decided to keep my certificate somewhere and do something else because i couldn't bear the pain of just sitting at home doing nothing, that was how i found myself in a printing outfit, and before i knew it i had become a printing apprentice. It's been over a year now and i'll be through with it in the next three months, and i've never applied for any job since i started it. The challenge i have now is capital to set up my own printing outfit. Pls advise me by sharing how you became your own boss after serving as an apprentice when you couldn't secure a job after graduating from school. Thanks a lot, and best regards.
Re: How I Became A Printing Apprentice After Service(nysc) by thesource(m): 10:47am On Apr 16, 2015
thesource:
I was one of the best students back in my higher institution days, which made my course mates and my junior ones at school come to me for one academic assistance or the other, it got to a point that people started calling me "Effiwey" and some preferred calling me "Effico" and usually told me not to bother myself looking for any job after service that the job would come looking for me which i usually laughed off as a joke. In the year 2010, i was one of those that graduated with a very good grade in my school, and i was full of joy, bliss and also very hopefull of the good things the future has for me. During my service year, i always prayed to God to give me a good job which i thought would not take me more than three months to secure after service. Finished service in 2012 and started job-hunting, i submitted my CV to different kinds of organisations and even submitted to schools, but all i got was "we will get back to you" after interview which they didn't. And before i could say Jack Robinson, i had spent two years at home doing nothing. So in March 2014, i decided to keep my certificate somewhere and do something else because i couldn't bear the pain of just sitting at home doing nothing, that was how i found myself in a printing outfit, and before i knew it i had become a printing apprentice. It's been over a year now and i'll be through with it in the next three months, and i've never applied for any job since i started it. The challenge i have now is capital to set up my own printing outfit. Pls advise me by sharing how you became your own boss after serving as an apprentice when you couldn't secure a job after graduating from school. Thanks a lot, and best regards.
Re: How I Became A Printing Apprentice After Service(nysc) by ladykilllar: 11:14am On Apr 16, 2015
What grade did you finish with and what course? Nothing for 2 years? undecided God help us o
Re: How I Became A Printing Apprentice After Service(nysc) by thesource(m): 11:24am On Apr 16, 2015
ladykilllar:
What grade did you finish with and what course? Nothing for 2 years? undecided God help us o
I studied Accountancy and finished with a very strong upper credit. Meanwhile, i tried to cross to UNILAG when i finished my ND through direct entry, i passed the screening but the money i was asked to bring for settlement was too much, that was why i went back for my HND. Thanks for your concern anyway.
Re: How I Became A Printing Apprentice After Service(nysc) by ladykilllar: 11:35am On Apr 16, 2015
thesource:
I studied Accountancy and finished with a very strong upper credit. Meanwhile, i tried to cross to UNILAG when i finished my ND through direct entry, i passed the screening but the money i was asked to bring for settlement was too much, that was why i went back for my HND. Thanks for your concern anyway.

You welcome
Re: How I Became A Printing Apprentice After Service(nysc) by alfa0: 11:48am On Apr 16, 2015
what type of printing are you into,where are you based?...do you have intention of working for other people for salary or you want to start your own.
do you have some work that can attest to this your request.
Re: How I Became A Printing Apprentice After Service(nysc) by thesource(m): 12:06pm On Apr 16, 2015
alfa0:
what type of printing are you into,where are you based?...do you have intention of working for other people for salary or you want to start your own.
do you have some work that can attest to this your request.

Thanks for your concern, I'm actually based in Sango-ota, Ogun State. I'm into screen printing and general printing and i can work with someone whom i can still learn one or two things from as i'm still a newbie in the field till i'm able to get my own shop regardless of the distance.
Re: How I Became A Printing Apprentice After Service(nysc) by alfa0: 12:23pm On Apr 16, 2015
thesource:
Thanks for your concern, I'm actually based in Sango-ota, Ogun State. I'm into screen printing and general printing and i can work with someone whom i can still learn one or two things from as i'm still a newbie in the field till i'm able to get my own shop regardless of the distance.

sorry if you don't mind.
1. may i know your age.
2.what machines have you been learning your trade with.ie the name of the machines you know or learning how to use.
3. if you don't find here convenient enough to disclose these info,please talk to me @ locustechnologiesltd@gmail.com

who knows we might find a common ground.

cheers
Re: How I Became A Printing Apprentice After Service(nysc) by thesource(m): 2:31pm On Apr 16, 2015
alfa0:

sorry if you don't mind.
1. may i know your age.
2.what machines have you been learning your trade with.ie the name of the machines you know or learning how to use.
3. if you don't find here convenient enough to disclose these info,please talk to me @ locustechnologiesltd@gmail.com

who knows we might find a common ground.

cheers
Alright sir, thanks
Re: How I Became A Printing Apprentice After Service(nysc) by walexsho(m): 2:31pm On Jul 31, 2015
I also thought of that through my service years, but I was posted in a village, I really want to learn this work but I need someone to assist in connection with a press, I also reside in otta, I will be glad if you can be of help. You can reach me through walexsho@gmail.com, 07084794507, 08078413141, 08136422067

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy For Call Centre/customer Service Representatives / Urgent Vacancies Exist For Different Positions / N Power Ogun State Let Us Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.