Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv (35442 Views)

Contempt: Diamond Bank, Shell Directors In Trouble / Oluwatoyin Subair: The MD Of HITV Shares His Touching Experience / Multichoice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt For Disobeying Order (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by taiwoflb: 12:50am On Apr 17, 2015
The Managing Director of Multi-Choice Nigeria Limited, John Ugbe, and the company’s Public Relations Manager, Caroline Oghuma, are to face committal proceeding for allegedly disobeying the order of a Federal High Court in Lagos which restrained the implementation of a new subscription regime of Digital Satellite Television, popularly known as DStv.

A federal High court sitting in Lagos had on April 2 restrained the company from implementing the new subscription regime pending the determination of a suit filed by two subscribers, Osasuyi Adebayo and Oluyinka Oyeniji. Multi-Choice’s lawyer, Moyosore Onigbanjo (SAN), explained that the order restraining the company from implementing the new subscription regime was made a day after Multi-Choice started the implementation of the new rates. Responding, plaintiffs lawyer, Osasuyi Adebayo, faulted Onigbanjo’s claims saying application for injunction was filed before April l.

PS: This article is a summarized version of the original news

Source: http://thesummary.com.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/362-multi-choice-md-spokesperson-to-face-contempt-of-court-charge-over-dstv-subscription

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by starlingbawa(m): 1:01am On Apr 17, 2015
I paid 14K for the premium package on thursday morning, a marked deviation from the usual 11650, and I didn't find it funny at all.

I can't do without my SS3, otherwise I'd have had a change of plan.

Something, someone, our government has got to do something and quickly too about this South-African company exploiting ordinary Nigerians and smiling to the bank with millions of our 'HARD EARNED' naira!!!

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by ki02020(m): 1:11am On Apr 17, 2015
Can't we all boycott this dstv brand or are we all under nzamzi jaz like iya basira amala joint.....noting intresting about dstv these days except european matches

85 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Extom(m): 1:14am On Apr 17, 2015
Nigeria has got more than enough of whatever it takes to be at the summit of development (technologically, and otherwise) in Africa, but we would rather be lackadaisical in our dealings, and looking for shortcuts in every aspect of our lives.
In as much as I hate to say this, whatever strong-arming we're suffering from foreign bodies who provides a service, and then extorts us ludicrously, we brought it upon ourselves. angry

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Sojebrand(m): 1:16am On Apr 17, 2015
the problem with we Nigerians is this suffering and smiling thing, majority of us will complain and still paid for it, maka y lipsrsealed

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by mikron(m): 1:49am On Apr 17, 2015
honestly minus supersport, animal planet and nat geo, what other channels are there that we cant get in other bouquets? documentary channels like
discovery
crime Detective
Homicide channel
trauma
euronews
cnn
aljazeera and the rest are channels found in another cable brand CTL. i used this brand so i know. DSTV is over-rated.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by ionsman: 2:46am On Apr 17, 2015
starlingbawa:
I paid 14K for the premium package on thursday morning, a marked deviation from the usual 11650, and I didn't find it funny at all.

I can't do without my SS3, otherwise I'd have had a change of plan.

Something, someone, our government has got to do something and quickly too about this South-African company exploiting ordinary Nigerians and smiling to the bank with millions of our 'HARD EARNED' naira!!!
There is SS3 on the plan before premium. Or ain't you aware of that?

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by allanphash7(m): 3:10am On Apr 17, 2015
Infact they need to be jailed and send the silly company back to their country

Do i blame them - NO

Who do i blame- Our useless leaders wearing silly Agbada and useless coat (suit) not been care about the masses

Wel i want to beleive now that the change we clamour for has arrived many more things will be changed for better

South Africa exploiting us in our country and yet still torment our people in their country

Hinestly i hate that fvucking country called SA

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by akinladejo: 4:06am On Apr 17, 2015
If we can step up our Star times so that it can favourably compete with DsTV

44 Likes

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by deskossy(m): 4:27am On Apr 17, 2015
14000 a month? ....that's almost 60€...tthat's extreem...in hamburg here 25€ For d complete package

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by lekkie073(m): 6:10am On Apr 17, 2015
When buhari finally becomes the numero uno, one of two things will happen

Comsat(tinubu-owned) will start a rigorous competition with dstv by vying for EPL live matches licence

Or

Al Jazeera will be welcomed to increase their footprint to the south where all household can access them

Either way, bye bye to dsthieves

9 Likes

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by omenka(m): 6:30am On Apr 17, 2015
ki02020:
Can't we all boycott this dstv brand or are we all under nzamzi jaz like iya basira amala joint.....noting intresting about dstv these days except european matches
For an effective boycott, you need substitutes, none of which we have at the moment. That is the sad reality.

12 Likes

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:36am On Apr 17, 2015
The thing is, cable TV is never cheap anywhere in the world.

I hope you realise that flat screens and cable TVs are termed as luxuries even in advanced countries?

I'm not saying it is right, I'm just saying it is not by force. grin

I dnt av a dstv, I have goTV. wetin I wan watch for dstv wey I go pay 14k? SS3? No, I'll pass.

If I dey used 100 watch match for 30 data at viewing centre, I no go spend 5k per month.

By the way, I av sound city, Chanell O, hipTV, trace, nat geo wild, Sony max, discovery, glitz, super sport select, ESPN, and so much more for just 1,500 per monTh.

So, na ss 1-7 go now make me go their office dey drop 14k per month?

Maybe later, when I can afford it.
but now?MBA!

80 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 17, 2015
they should be fined and jailed seriously for contempt and possibly we shld all be given one month free subscription. grin

5 Likes

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 17, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

I hope you realise that flat screens and cable TVs are termed as luxuries even in advanced countries?

I dnt av a dstv, I have goTV. wetin I wan watch for dstv wey I go pay 14k? SS3? No, I'll pass.

If I dey used 100 watch match for 30 data at viewing centre, I no go spend 5k per month.

By the way, I av sound city, Chanell O, hipTV, trace, nat geo wild, Sony max, discovery, glitz, super sport select, ESPN, and so much more for just 1,500 per monTh.

but now?MBA!

Broke people always think they have an opinion.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:00am On Apr 17, 2015
fhranciz:

yeah, u ain't broke butbure complaining of a increase of not more than 2k. grin grin that's an irony though.

I knw ur type: u live above ur means, and u do everything to stay oiled. cheesy

Dude, uread my epistle, right?

I ain't broke, but I won't descend tobur level where u go for things u can't keep up with the maintenance. Na ur type go still sell his decoder for Olx.

For ur info, cable TV is a luxury. Ifbu can't afford it, stop trying to act like u are in the class.

I'm sure say ur dstv sef, na the 2,500 (family package) u dey run.

161 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Sojebrand(m): 8:00am On Apr 17, 2015
abeg no vex, when last did you sub the 1500? I no say your next sub, you no go write this tin wen you write ere again
SLIDEwaxie:

but now?MBA!

4 Likes

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:10am On Apr 17, 2015
Sojebrand:
abeg no vex, when last did you sub the 1500? I no say your next sub, you no go write this tin wen you write ere again
dude, the next sub is just 1,700. We have received the message since. And even if they increased it to 7k, I can still sustain it without whining. But I cannot afford the 14k for now. That's all I'm saying. And not that I can't pay it, but I can't pay for something and start complaining. All these yeye people wey dey talk, if dstv's signal go for two days, dem fit die on top complain. Not because of poor service, but because of the money they paid?

Na their type dey buy iPHONE 6 by all means, and if the phone lost, dem go almost entre lagoon!

Na by force?

But some people go even buy give dem 6yrs old kid and nothing go happen.

There is a big diff btw luxury and necessity. If u can't afford being luxurious for now, dnt fake it

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by ManUtdholic: 8:21am On Apr 17, 2015
Sincerely dey are milking us
Pay per view is d best
Why can't they give us pay per view

Dstv milking us
Network providers milking us
Yet we get leaders

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 17, 2015
They should be charged for going against the court injunction.

What do SA take us for?

4 Likes

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by luvinhubby(m): 8:31am On Apr 17, 2015
akinladejo:
Owned by NTA, if not, by now they would have corned the market from dstv.

Steewwpid South Africans.

1 Like

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by starlingbawa(m): 8:43am On Apr 17, 2015
ionsman:

There is SS3 on the plan before premium. Or ain't you aware of that?

I do, it's got to do with the fact that I feel complete with the premium subscription. It's still expensive all the same and I think 14K is a bit on the high side...
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by kuuljay(m): 8:47am On Apr 17, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:

but now?MBA!
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by kuuljay(m): 8:55am On Apr 17, 2015
fhranciz:

we are nigerians we understand each other wella.its very easy to knw who is a broke ass between you and the person you quoted.na your type dey hustle get small money use buy big car they show up in your area mean while you still eat ur mama food cos you can't feed yourself grin grin grin grin grin

38 Likes

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by izinbizi(m): 9:19am On Apr 17, 2015
ki02020:

#NigeriansboycottDSTV

2 Likes

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by izinbizi(m): 9:21am On Apr 17, 2015
Sojebrand:
the problem with we Nigerians is this suffering and smiling thing, majority of us will complain and still paid for it, maka y lipsrsealed

#NigeriansboycottDSTV

3 Likes

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by izinbizi(m): 9:22am On Apr 17, 2015
akinladejo:

Encouraging
#NigeriansboycottDSTV

3 Likes

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by qualityovenbake(m): 9:22am On Apr 17, 2015
The fault is from our legislators. In some African countries like Kenya, they have "pay as you go". Why cant they introduce it also in Nigeria and How does it work? Immediately you switch off your decoder or you take the card out from the decoder, your Subscription charges automatically get suspended. I hope this new set of legislators look into this corrupt practices by multi choice because they are milking the masses. If the masses can't afford it, then what is the point. Their license should be revoked.

6 Likes

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 17, 2015
grin

That Price must come down o.

They kill us in their country and want to rob us blind in our country.

This is why we should patronize our made in Nigeria Services.

If court want do for them sef, they should make it a pay per view service like the PHCN credit card.

Make we see who go lose.

PHCN no dey kuku give us light.

4 Likes

Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by sagewonders(m): 9:27am On Apr 17, 2015
the person below me have something to say
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by joystickextendr: 9:27am On Apr 17, 2015
gud angry

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Multi-choice MD, Spokesperson To Face Contempt Of Court Charge Over Dstv by Pavore9: 9:28am On Apr 17, 2015
South Africans and their companies have shown they hate Nigerians but not Nigerians money.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ethiopian Protesters Attack Dangote's Factory (Photos) / Has Anyone Successfully Linked Their NIN With Their Bank Account? / Mohammed Indimi Delivers Speech At Harvard University; Has No Formal Education

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.