Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Praying With Power - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying With Power (406 Views)

Cutlass-wielding Pastor Spotted Praying On The Altar For His Church Members. PIC / Pastor Joy Increase Praying With Cane In A Church In America (Photos) / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Praying With Power by yommyuk: 6:56am On Apr 17, 2015
Have you ever watched a runner near the end of a race? Every muscle strains with the athlete’s desire to finish first. The moment is full of intensity and determination. This is the same kind of fervent desire God wants to see in the believer’s prayer life. “The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much” (James 5:16).

Believers at times use certain key phrases—“in Jesus’ name” or “if it is Your will”—as if such expressions were enchanted. People convince themselves that if a particular phrase is used, God will surely be pleased and answer the petition. But strength is not found in the words we say, because the Lord cannot be forced to do anything outside His will. The power of prayer is in God’s reaction. He responds to petitions of the righteous by releasing His supernatural power toward the object of their concern.

A prayerless person is a powerless person. When we devote little time to communicating with the heavenly Father, we can’t expect to see dramatic results. God’s power is released in response to our zealous desire for His intervention. A fervent petitioner, believing his Lord will intercede, is determined to pray through every barrier that Satan erects. He stops only when God answers or if the Father makes clear that the request is outside His will.

Wise believers devote time and energy to requests of great importance. Through our relationship with Christ, we have been made righteous, which means that we have the opportunity to communicate with the Lord through prayer.

John 14:13-14
“Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it”

Philippians 4:6-7
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

Psalm 107:28-30
“Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them from their distress. He made the storm be still, and the waves of the sea were hushed. Then they were glad that the waters were quiet, and he brought them to their desired haven”

IT IS WELL. GOD BLESS wink

(1) (Reply)

The Problems Of Religion / Help Me Answer This / Condition Of Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.