Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (156132 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 7:40am On Jun 29, 2015
monex:
Hello guys.

Thanks 1andonly, geniuzio and the rest for the good insight you are providing.

i am going for a distance learning masters (i dont need a visa and dont need to travel to spain) in Spain and my school requires legalisation which i will do in Abuja tomorrow. i followed the advise on page 1.

i would like to know how to book for legalisation at the embassy. is it just to send a mail to cog.lagos@maec.es or is there something else. does the mail require any particular subject header or template?

also, the school (Universitat Rovira i Virgili) requires that I provide a document stating that my Bsc qualification allows me to initiate a master’s degree programme in the country of issue (i.e. Nigeria). has anyone heard about this requirement and where to get such a document/letter?
Send an email to cog.lagos.leg@maec.es in order to book for legalization appointment with the consulate (subject header of your mail could be Legalization of Documents). They'll reply and give you a date, so your documents must be ready before then. I don't have an answer for your second question yet.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by monex(m): 8:21am On Jun 29, 2015
geniuzio:
Send an email to cog.lagos.leg@maec.es in order to book for legalization appointment with the consulate (subject header of your mail could be Legalization of Documents). They'll reply and give you a date, so your documents must be ready before then. I don't have an answer for your second question yet.

thanks geniuzio. i have sent the mail to them.

the second question is really a bother for me as it seems no one has heard about such a requirement
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 8:55am On Jun 29, 2015
monex:

thanks geniuzio. i have sent the mail to them.

the second question is really a bother for me as it seems no one has heard about such a requirement
Can you send me a link of where the university made the statement so I can reason through it? They might mean a different thing than you think. Also, what did you study for your bachelors and what do you want to study now?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by monex(m): 11:43am On Jun 29, 2015
geniuzio:
Can you send me a link of where the university made the statement so I can reason through it? They might mean a different thing than you think. Also, what did you study for your bachelors and what do you want to study now?
http://www.urv.cat/masters_oficials/en_pas_a_pas_documentacio.html
I understand there is a letter of eligibility provided by the ministry of education when you come for authentication. I suspect it could be this letter the school is asking for
Re: Spanish Student Visas by monex(m): 11:49am On Jun 29, 2015
Does anyone know about the letter of eligibility given at the ministry of education during authentication? Is this letter given to one by hand or sent to the school/embassy?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2015
monex:

http://www.urv.cat/masters_oficials/en_pas_a_pas_documentacio.html
I understand there is a letter of eligibility provided by the ministry of education when you come for authentication. I suspect it could be this letter the school is asking for
I understand it now. Do the legalization of your certificate at the consulate. Translate it to Spanish, then scan and send both the legalized copy (of course in English) and translated copy to your school via email.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by monex(m): 9:56am On Jun 30, 2015
Hello house. I am at the ministry of education and they insist on authenticating the original of my degree certificate rather than the certified true copy. Can anyone confirm if he had to do same (authenticate original degree certificate )?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 5:33pm On Jun 30, 2015
monex:
Hello house. I am at the ministry of education and they insist on authenticating the original of my degree certificate rather than the certified true copy. Can anyone confirm if he had to do same (authenticate original degree certificate )?

I was @ d Min of Education today. They really need to sight ur original doc b4 they can endorse ur photocopies. Still waiting for my Police character certificate, gonna take it along with my certificates and birth cert to d Min of Foreign Affairs tomorrow. I heard that one can take his Medical certificate to the Federal ministry of Health for authentication(don't know how true or relevant that could be). Best of luck bro.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by gboyetade: 12:19am On Jul 01, 2015
Number 2 should be Eligibility letter from Ministry of Education.
monex:
Hello guys.

Thanks 1andonly, geniuzio and the rest for the good insight you are providing.

i am going for a distance learning masters (i dont need a visa and dont need to travel to spain) in Spain and my school requires legalisation which i will do in Abuja tomorrow. i followed the advise on page 1.

i would like to know how to book for legalisation at the embassy. is it just to send a mail to cog.lagos@maec.es or is there something else. does the mail require any particular subject header or template?

also, the school (Universitat Rovira i Virgili) requires that I provide a document stating that my Bsc qualification allows me to initiate a master’s degree programme in the country of issue (i.e. Nigeria). has anyone heard about this requirement and where to get such a document/letter?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
Quick question for those who've applied for a visa to Spain, how long did it take? I think I'm on the last stretch now, but I have admission for the beginning of August, so I need to know how long I would have to wait to expect a result on average or if anyone has done an application before how long their results too.

I need to translate/legalise my documents as well.

That's all I think I have left.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 4:25pm On Jul 02, 2015
@1andonly: pls can you post the list of certified translators approved by the Spanish embassy? I want to confirm if the Translator recommended by my Erasmus co-ordintor in Spain is on that list or not. pls it is urgent. Thanks
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 5:43pm On Jul 02, 2015
enigma14:
@1andonly: pls can you post the list of certified translators approved by the Spanish embassy? I want to confirm if the Translator recommended by my Erasmus co-ordintor in Spain is on that list or not. pls it is urgent. Thanks

If you look through this thread you will see where I posted a pdf sent to me by the embassy. Most of them however are not certified. if your co-ordinator recommended someone it is likely that they are certified by the embassy all you need do is ask.

However, I used this guy ingles@traduccion-jurada-oficial.com. Name is Rodrigo and he was very good to me.

Also you can patronize vivianokenwa@yahoo.co.uk. Name is Vivian. Compare the cost for all three and make up your mind. I am an economist I make disinterested decisions most times but if push came to shove, I would advise you patronize Viv cause she is Nigerian and a she.

Lolz!!!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:27am On Jul 03, 2015
muztapha:
Quick question for those who've applied for a visa to Spain, how long did it take? I think I'm on the last stretch now, but I have admission for the beginning of August, so I need to know how long I would have to wait to expect a result on average or if anyone has done an application before how long their results too.

I need to translate/legalise my documents as well.

That's all I think I have left.

Hi Bro,

Would have responded yesterday but I was banned for posting e-mail addresses. I escalated the issue and thankfully I was unbanned. You need to act quickly and swiftly. Legalization takes quite a while. Look through the thread, you'd find either my direction or from some other comrade (we're comrades in this) send that e-mail today to be on the safe side.

For the translation my post above does justice to that.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
1andonly:

Hi Bro,

Would have responded yesterday but I was banned for posting e-mail addresses. I escalated the issue and thankfully I was unbanned. You need to act quickly and swiftly. Legalization takes quite a while. Look through the thread, you'd find either my direction or from some other comrade (we're comrades in this) send that e-mail today to be on the safe side.

For the translation my post above does justice to that.

Tnx @ 1andonly: just wanna b sure that am on d right track. So far so good, d best translation deal I have got is 5000naira per page and DHL is 8000 naira(quotation from Vivian). I have 10pages to translate.Pls wots ur take on dis? And also do I need to do the translation b4 going for d legalization I.e are d translated docs one of d requirement for d legalization process?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Seunbunmi(m): 4:10pm On Jul 03, 2015
[quote author=enigma14 post=35438031]

@enigma, How come you are translating 10 pages. And translation is not needed for legalization.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
enigma14:

Tnx @ 1andonly: just wanna b sure that am on d right track. So far so good, d best translation deal I have got is 5000naira per page and DHL is 8000 naira(quotation from Vivian). I have 10pages to translate.Pls wots ur take on dis? And also do I need to do the translation b4 going for d legalization I.e are d translated docs one of d requirement for d legalization process?

Contact Rodrigo. Might be cheaper. You never can tell; but if you are ok with Viv then fair enough.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 7:59pm On Jul 03, 2015
[quote author=Seunbunmi post=35442883][/quote]

@ Seunbunmi: BSc certificate(1page),Birth Certificate(1page), Transcript(5pages),Police character certificate(2pages)=9pages. Don't know if I missed any other document at all for translation? @1andonly:Rodrigo gave me a better offer of €210(translation+transport).
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 04, 2015
Apparently Zenith Insurance isn't on the list of companies they accept? How is that even possible. I wasted money on insurance I won't use now.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 3:02am On Jul 04, 2015
enigma14:

@ Seunbunmi: BSc certificate(1page),Birth Certificate(1page), Transcript(5pages),Police character certificate(2pages)=9pages. Don't know if I missed any other document at all for translation? @1andonly:Rodrigo gave me a better offer of €210(translation+transport).

Why do you need your transcripts translated abeg?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 6:49am On Jul 04, 2015
muztapha:
Apparently Zenith Insurance isn't on the list of companies they accept? How is that even possible. I wasted money on insurance I won't use now.

Hindsight is 50/50 I know but you should have read my update. AIICO is your surest bet.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 04, 2015
enigma14:

I don't understand why you're translating your transcript. Did your school ask you to do so? It's not required for visa application. By the way, you didn't include your medical report.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 10:07am On Jul 04, 2015
enigma14:

I don't think you need to translate your transcript. I understand legalizing it, because my school asked me to. Ask Rodrigo how he will post it cause you need to be wary of NIPOST. They messed two of us up. We had to post it again via DHL.

I've not bothered checking whether the NIPOST version is around. I was livid but Rodrigo has good customer relationship skills. This is where you might want to consider Vivian.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 11:53am On Jul 04, 2015
Tnx a lot pals. I would have made a mistake translating a whole 5pages of my transcript all for nothing. Don't know how it skipped my mind to translate my Medical certificate. So, I am gonna translate 5pages: BSc certificate,medical certificate,Birth certificate and police character certificate. Gracias Amigos!

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 07, 2015
1andonly:

Hindsight is 50/50 I know but you should have read my update. AIICO is your surest bet.

What about Linkage Assurance? I heard AIICO is in the mid N50,000 range for a yearly insurance.

Apparently my documents have to be sent back to Abuja for the C&C to notorize all over again, despite having the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Education seals. I don't understand why. They said that this would cost N3,000 per page. DHL is N10,000 to and fro.

I don't know how much legalisation will cost. But this is starting to look like a very big expense.

I have "a guy" who's sorting out the translation for N3,000 per page. Instead of N5,000 or N7,000. He comes from a reliable source, but he's a bit money hungry - talking about "transport" where I know he gets his cut from what the price really is.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 07, 2015
enigma14:

Quick question, how long did they say it would take to translate yours?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2015
I am very glad for your various inputs. I have been scheduled for legalization by the consulate on the 14th of July. Please i need more clarification about the Birth certificate requirement as stipulated in the email for legalization sent to me by the consulate. Yes, I was born before 1992, hence the birth certificate is not applicable to me.

4. AFFIDAVITS

For citizens born before 1992, a Declaration of Age sworn at the High Court of Justice of the place of birth by either parents or, in their absence: 1st grandparents; 2nd brothers/sisters from the same parents for citizens born before 1992. These affidavits must be endorsed by a letter from the NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISION
The deponent of the affidavit must come personally with photograph and signature ID (passport, ID card, etc)

That was from the email I got. Please could anyone who is in same category with me that has scaled this hurdle advice me please on this. I have both the Affidavit and Attestation of birth by the National Population Commission, my issue is how to drag my Dad who is the Deponent of the Affidavit to the consulate. Won't His picture and ID card be enough for the Consulate?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 07, 2015
enigma14:
I am very glad for your various inputs. I have been scheduled for legalization by the consulate on the 14th of July. Please i need more clarification about the Birth certificate requirement as stipulated in the email for legalization sent to me by the consulate. Yes, I was born before 1992, hence the birth certificate is not applicable to me.

4. AFFIDAVITS

For citizens born before 1992, a Declaration of Age sworn at the High Court of Justice of the place of birth by either parents or, in their absence: 1st grandparents; 2nd brothers/sisters from the same parents for citizens born before 1992. These affidavits must be endorsed by a letter from the NATIONAL POPULATION COMMISION
The deponent of the affidavit must come personally with photograph and signature ID (passport, ID card, etc)

That was from the email I got. Please could anyone who is in same category with me that has scaled this hurdle advice me please on this. I have both the Affidavit and Attestation of birth by the National Population Commission, my issue is how to drag my Dad who is the Deponent of the Affidavit to the consulate. Won't His picture and ID card be enough for the Consulate?

What sort of wahala is this visa abeg?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2015
muztapha:

What sort of wahala is this visa abeg?

No be small matter o! Pls 1andonly, Geniuzio please comment. I am really stuck here. As it is I don't know if I am to authenticate(Ministry of foreign affairs) and translate the Age declaration too as I did with my Birth attestation issued to me by the National population commission?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2015
1andonly:

How much is AIICO again? And I just need to ask for Travel Insurance right? Going to their offices today.

If i don't get this visa, I'll stab everyone.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 07, 2015
enigma14:

No be small matter o! Pls 1andonly, Geniuzio please comment. I am really stuck here. As it is I don't know if I am to authenticate(Ministry of foreign affairs) and translate the Age declaration too as I did with my Birth attestation issued to me by the National population commission?

Everything that you're going to legalise, you need to authenticate by the ministry of foreign affairs. But with the birth attestation and national population commission thing, I'm not sure what I'm to do about that. Can you even do that in Lagos? Or do you have to go to Abuja for that too?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 07, 2015
muztapha:

Everything that you're going to legalise, you need to authenticate by the ministry of foreign affairs. But with the birth attestation and national population commission thing, I'm not sure what I'm to do about that. Can you even do that in Lagos? Or do you have to go to Abuja for that too?

In the email they sent me:

"Only original documents or photocopies certified by the institutions that issued the certificates will be legalized.
PLEASE NOTICE THAT AS FROM 12 AUGUST 2014 THERE IS NO NEED TO BRING TRANSLATION OF DOCUMENTS FOR LEGALIZATION"

:/
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2015
muztapha:

In the email they sent me:

"Only original documents or photocopies certified by the institutions that issued the certificates will be legalized.
PLEASE NOTICE THAT AS FROM 12 AUGUST 2014 THERE IS NO NEED TO BRING TRANSLATION OF DOCUMENTS FOR LEGALIZATION"

:/

What they meant was that there is no need to bring your translated documents during the legalization process, thus making the legalization simpler. However, you will need the translated docs at the time of the submission of your documents for the visa application which must come after the legalization process.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.