Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Spanish Student Visas - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Spanish Student Visas (155420 Views)

Things you should know about Kenya. Visa, Tourism, Business And Student Visas. / What You Need To Know About Russia Student Visas And Immigration New Laws / Jamaican Denied Visas Over Bleaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2015
So Seun apparently coded the website to output bleep when you type exexex. Dunno why. Suddenly turned my name, my dad's, uncle and school to bleep.

bleep.com was spot on really. hahahahaha
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Seunbunmi(m): 9:11pm On Jun 13, 2015
geniuzio:
I also won an Erasmus Mundus scholarship and my first mobility country is also Spain. Are you through with your visa process? I've started mine but it's very confusing!

@geniuzio... Congrats on scholarship! Have you received your final docs from your school? What stage are you in your visa processing? I am yet to start my visa processing, waiting to receive final docs from my school. But 1andonly, has been of great help and at the frontier... Just as he said, welcome on board! grin
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Seunbunmi(m): 9:26pm On Jun 13, 2015
1andonly:
So Seun apparently coded the website to output bleep when you type exexex. Dunno why. Suddenly turned my name, my dad's, uncle and school to bleep.

bleep.com was spot on really. hahahahaha

Nice cover letter! My advice is this give a summary of your major contributions in your current place of work and make it less informal, you never can tell who will read it wink

I like the bleep's creativity grin
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2015
1andonly:

Welcome on board. You can ask your questions.

Congrats!!!

Please, how much did you pay the Spanish translator for each document he translated for you?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 13, 2015
Seunbunmi:

@geniuzio... Congrats on scholarship! Have you received your final docs from your school? What stage are you in your visa processing? I am yet to start my visa processing, waiting to receive final docs from my school. But 1andonly, has been of great help and at the frontier... Just as he said, welcome on board! grin

Thanks bro. Yes, I've received all the relevant docs from my school (Universidad Politecnica de Madrid). I'm currently in Abuja and I'll be authenticating my docs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Monday. I've also booked an appointment for legalization at the Spanish Embassy. They replied and asked me to come on June 29.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Seunbunmi(m): 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2015
geniuzio:

Thanks bro. Yes, I've received all the relevant docs from my school (Universidad Politecnica de Madrid). I'm currently in Abuja and I'll be authenticating my docs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Monday. I've also booked an appointment for legalization at the Spanish Embassy. They replied and asked me to come on June 29.

Always welcome bro, I want to ask if you have made any appearance at the embassy? And what requirements did they ask you to provide as a scholarship holder or is it just the general requirements?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 13, 2015
Seunbunmi:

Always welcome bro, I want to ask if you have made any appearance at the embassy? And what requirements did they ask you to provide as a scholarship holder or is it just the general requirements?

I went to the embassy last Thursday but I discovered that Thursdays are only meant for collection of documents from the embassy. Monday to Wednesday is for submission. However, before submission of your documents and visa application, you have to legalize your documents first. You need to book an appointment for this, once your documents are ready, so they can give you a date.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Seunbunmi(m): 10:21pm On Jun 13, 2015
geniuzio:

I went to the embassy on last Thursday but I discovered that Thursdays are only meant for collection of documents from the embassy. Monday to Wednesday is for submission. However, before submission of your documents and visa application, you have to legalize your documents first. You need to book an appointment for this, once your documents are ready, so they can give you a date.

Indeed, this whole process thing can be confusing. So what documents are you legalizing? Gosh! So I will need to do this stuff... angry
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 11:41pm On Jun 13, 2015
geniuzio:

Please, how much did you pay the Spanish translator for each document he translated for you?

You'd need to scan the documents and he'd give a quote. I put up the email address at some point in the thread you can look for it.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 14, 2015
1andonly:

You'd need to scan the documents and he'd give a quote. I put up the email address at some point in the thread you can look for it.
Okay, thanks bro.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2015
1andonly:

One more question please ...you know the Police Certificate consists of two documents - the one with Police Certificate clearly written on it and the one with the finger prints. So, did you authenticate both of them at them at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or just the first one?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by guttentag(m): 4:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
Can someone please help me apply for an admission in any university in Spain
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:03am On Jun 15, 2015
geniuzio:

One more question please ...you know the Police Certificate consists of two documents - the one with Police Certificate clearly written on it and the one with the finger prints. So, did you authenticate both of them at them at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or just the first one?

You'd have to authenticate both. The doc the visa officer removed was my medical certificate; though I reckon you should still do it let him be the judge.

Have you CTC stamped your Bsc certificate and requested that WAEC send in your statement to the consulate? Very important!

Cheers!
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 6:04am On Jun 15, 2015
1andonly:

You'd have to authenticate both. The doc the visa officer removed was my medical certificate; though I reckon you should still do it let him be the judge.

Have you CTC stamped your Bsc certificate and requested that WAEC send in your statement to the consulate? Very important!

Cheers![center][/center][size=8pt][/size] cheesy
[/right][right]
Thanks for your reply. Okay, I'll do as you've said. Why was ur medical certificate removed? I'll get CTC stamp ASAP. Then I'll be at WAEC office on Wednesday.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 6:55am On Jun 15, 2015
geniuzio:
Thanks for your reply. Okay, I'll do as you've said. Why was ur medical certificate removed? I'll get CTC stamp ASAP. Then I'll be at WAEC office on Wednesday.

Apparently I didn't need to legalize the med cert. So the CTC stamp should be on the photocopy which you should also authenticate at the Min of Education and Min of foreign affairs.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 15, 2015
1andonly:

Apparently I didn't need to legalize the med cert. So the CTC stamp should be on the photocopy which you should also authenticate at the Min of Education and Min of foreign affairs.
The photocopy is that of B.Sc certificate, in case someone is getting confused! smiley
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 8:58am On Jun 15, 2015
Congrats@Geniuzio on Erasmus award. I am also an Erasmus scholar @ Universidad d' Cordoba. Just like Seunbunmi am yet to receive d final supporting docs from d Erasmus programme officer. I wanna know where u did ur Police character certificate, d fees and how long it took u to get it. Still contemplating whether to do it @ Abuja or Lagos cos I will be in Abuja dis weekend for authentication of docs from where I hope to take off to Lagos.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 15, 2015
enigma14:
Congrats@Geniuzio on Erasmus award. I am also an Erasmus scholar @ Universidad d' Cordoba. Just like Seunbunmi am yet to receive d final supporting docs from d Erasmus programme officer. I wanna know where u did ur Police character certificate, d fees and how long it took u to get it. Still contemplating whether to do it @ Abuja or Lagos cos I will be in Abuja dis weekend for authentication of docs from where I hope to take off to Lagos.
Bro, follow @1andonly's instructions so you won't make mistakes like me. Lagos should be your first port of call. Get your police character certificate at Alagbon CID, close to Obalende. Then you can go to Abuja for the authentication. Please read the steps 1andonly gave on page 1 of this thread and follow them religiously.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 11:13am On Jun 15, 2015
geniuzio:
Bro, follow @1andonly's instructions so you won't make mistakes like me. Lagos should be your first port of call. Get your police character certificate at Alagbon CID, close to Obalende. Then you can go to Abuja for the authentication. Please read the steps 1andonly gave on page 1 of this thread and follow them religiously.
Ok. Tnx alot
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 6:00am On Jun 18, 2015
According to a friend who did his legalization at the consulate yesterday, it seems WAEC/O-level result is not a requirement for those going for MASTERS afterall.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 7:42pm On Jun 18, 2015
geniuzio:
According to a friend who did his legalization at the consulate yesterday, it seems WAEC/O-level result is not a requirement for those going for MASTERS afterall.
Ya right, I thought as much cos its logical to ask MSc applicaÑts to present their most recent qualifications I.e. BSc as they asked d PhD applicants for their MSc certificate(pls refer to d Spanish student visa requirement no3). Pls Geniuzo pls can U confirm dis tentatively. Tnx and God bless

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 19, 2015
enigma14:

Ya right, I thought as much cos its logical to ask MSc applicaÑts to present their most recent qualifications I.e. BSc as they asked d PhD applicants for their MSc certificate(pls refer to d Spanish student visa requirement no3). Pls Geniuzo pls can U confirm dis tentatively. Tnx and God bless
Good morning bro. When my friend got to the consulate for the legalization, he told them he had already requested for his O-level (NECO) result to be sent to them. But they said they hadn't received it. Then they told him it wasn't even necessary since he was going for a masters.

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 8:50am On Jun 19, 2015
geniuzio:
Good morning bro. When my friend got to the consulate for the legalization, he told them he had already requested for his O-level (NECO) result to be sent to them. But they said they hadn't received it. Then they told him it wasn't even necessary since he was going for a masters.
Ok. Tnx bro. Pls did u confirm from the Embassy about d medical tests to be included in d medical certificate, or perhaps if d embassy has a specific hospital one must visit for the medicals or could it be done in any University teaching hospital?
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 9:38am On Jun 19, 2015
enigma14:

Ok. Tnx bro. Pls did u confirm from the Embassy about d medical tests to be included in d medical certificate, or perhaps if d embassy has a specific hospital one must visit for the medicals or could it be done in any University teaching hospital?
I think a medical report from a government hospital (university teaching hospital, fmc, general hospital) would suffice. They didn't specify any. You can ask them when you go for legalization at the consulate.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by Seunbunmi(m): 10:39am On Jun 19, 2015
geniuzio:

Well, I sent the consulate a mail regarding this. They replied with the same old requirement.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:14pm On Jun 19, 2015
Seunbunmi:

Well, I sent the consulate a mail regarding this. They replied with the same old requirement.

I will advise we just go ahead with legalizing our WAEC results till we can get concrete evidence that this is not required. I will be submitting my application by the special grace of God next week and I will definitely make that enquiry.

I say this because you will be gutted if these guys tell you to bring your legalized WAEC documents at the point of visa application and you then need to book legalization appointment and all. Can set you back by 2 weeks.

Every man to his own though. If you can hazard the risk of not doing it, fair play to you.

Talking about logic, dunno if there is any such word in Spanish cause the consulate don't act like it exists.

Cheers comrades!

1 Like

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2015
enigma14:

The document I have from a General Hospital includes all the medical tests.
Re: Spanish Student Visas by enigma14: 9:59am On Jun 22, 2015
@1andonly: wish u a successful legalization and submission of docs @ d consulate this week. I pray d Good Lord to bless u this much as u have been of a tremendous assistance to spanish visa novices like me.

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by 1andonly: 10:40am On Jun 24, 2015
Hi folks, I have news for y'all. You can apply without the WAEC statement. I just wasted my 10k thereabouts.

I was also told that I can only apply one and a half months prior to commencement of the program so I apparently was faster than my shadows.

Dunno but I feel happy about this. Can't really say why though.

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jun 24, 2015
1andonly:
Hi folks, I have news for y'all. You can apply without the WAEC statement. I just wasted my 10k thereabouts.

I was also told that I can only apply one and a half months prior to commencement of the program so I apparently was faster than my shadows.

Dunno but I feel happy about this. Can't really say why though.
When I said prospective Masters students could apply without WAEC, you guys didn't believe me. Thank God you've confirmed it.

2 Likes

Re: Spanish Student Visas by asscb(f): 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2015
following smiley
Re: Spanish Student Visas by monex(m): 7:20am On Jun 29, 2015
Hello guys.

Thanks 1andonly, geniuzio and the rest for the good insight you are providing.

i am going for a distance learning masters (i dont need a visa and dont need to travel to spain) in Spain and my school requires legalisation which i will do in Abuja tomorrow. i followed the advise on page 1.

i would like to know how to book for legalisation at the embassy. is it just to send a mail to cog.lagos@maec.es or is there something else. does the mail require any particular subject header or template?

also, the school (Universitat Rovira i Virgili) requires that I provide a document stating that my Bsc qualification allows me to initiate a master’s degree programme in the country of issue (i.e. Nigeria). has anyone heard about this requirement and where to get such a document/letter?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (41) (Reply)

STUDY IN BULGARIA / Being Black In Berlin/germany / Tell Us About The City Where You Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.