Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,054 members, 7,838,670 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Barka Juma'ah - Islam for Muslims (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Barka Juma'ah (108490 Views)

Barka Da Sallah Nairalanders / Eid Ul Adha: Barka Da Sallah : Eid Mubarak / Eid Ul Fitri: Barka Da Sallah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barka Juma'ah by olawalebabs(m): 10:12am On Dec 16, 2011
Barka da jummah
Re: Barka Juma'ah by chakula: 11:28am On Dec 16, 2011
same to you bros and the entire world Muslims!
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Jarus(m): 1:18pm On Dec 16, 2011
Barka Jumah
Re: Barka Juma'ah by olawalebabs(m): 1:58pm On Dec 16, 2011
Re: Barka Juma'ah by DisGuy: 12:54am On Dec 17, 2011
Barka
Re: Barka Juma'ah by chakula: 8:43am On Dec 23, 2011
Juma'ah Karem!
Re: Barka Juma'ah by olawalebabs(m): 10:30am On Dec 23, 2011
Have you taken the spiritual bath? Barka da sallah
Re: Barka Juma'ah by LagosShia: 2:07pm On Dec 23, 2011
Barka Jumu'atu!
Re: Barka Juma'ah by IbroSaunks(m): 7:46pm On Dec 23, 2011
umm, I heard saying "jumah Mubarak" is an act of bid'ah. true or false?
Re: Barka Juma'ah by LagosShia: 8:27pm On Dec 23, 2011
IbroSaunks:

umm, I heard saying "jumah Mubarak" is an act of bid'ah. true or false?
that is ridiculous!

i hope this isn't another wahhabi bid'ah line of thinking based on the pretense of "holier than thou".

as much as i know,saying "jumah mubarak" is a form of greeting.greeting cannot be a bid'ah in whatever way you express goodness and wish others well.calling it a bid'ah is as good as calling the use of computers bid'ah.

also,as a Shia,i am taught that for anything to be a bid'ah it must first of all beĀ  haram or forbidden act.also,it must be contrary to what the Prophet (sa) taught and established or contrary to the Quran.that is it must be something that tries to change the pure islamic teaching and replace it by something that was condemned or rejected by the Prophet (sa).so the Prophet's (sa) opposing it also makes it haram.the Quran says:"whatever the Prophet gives you take it and whatever he stops you from,stop it".most importantly,if an act is not haram,then it is halal or permissible.saying "jumah mubarak" may not be compulsory but it is a commendable act.

the same goes with the hadith examination.the first step to know if a hadith is false or fabricated is to detect if it contradicts the Holy Quran.if it does then reject it because the Quran is 100% authentic and supercedes any book or text in terms of authority.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by IbroSaunks(m): 8:35pm On Dec 23, 2011
@LagosShia I wish people jumah Mubarak too. I can't remember where I heard it, but I remember the reason given was that the prophet never greeted anyone as such. my memory is foggy concerning it but I think whoever/wherever I heard it from referred to eid ul adha and fitri as the only avenues to, how do I put this, use such greeting,
it's because I can't remember where I heard it that I decided to bring it up here,
Re: Barka Juma'ah by LagosShia: 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2011
IbroSaunks:

@LagosShia I wish people jumah Mubarak too. I can't remember where I heard it, but I remember the reason given was that the prophet never greeted anyone as such. my memory is foggy concerning it but I think whoever/wherever I heard it from referred to eid ul adha and fitri as the only avenues to, how do I put this, use such greeting,
it's because I can't remember where I heard it that I decided to bring it up here,

well,i do not have evidence to back the claim that the Prophet (sa) did not or did greet like that on fridays.

but as i know,if the Prophet (sa) did not prohibit people from greeting in this way and greeting in this way is not haram or promote something that is forbidden,then i dont think it is bid'ah just because the Prophet (sa) didn't say it.also,we are not making it an obligatory act that muslims are expected to do every friday.but doing it is commendable in my view.if no evidence exists prohibiting or condemning it by the Prophet (sa),then there is nothing to support it being bidah even if the Prophet (sa) never greeted in that way.also did the Prophet (sa) use to say "good morning"?that could as well be deemed bid'ah if everything new is to be understood as bid'ah as mostly wahhabis propagate even though they as sunnis generally (sincerely,no offense intended;just making my point clearer) practice bid'ah acts (taraweeh,misyar,e.t.c) while they see it as "bid'atu hassana" or "good bid'ah".that term is actually an oxymoron.if something can be termed bid'ah it must be haram and nothing good about it.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by olawalebabs(m): 9:29pm On Dec 29, 2011
Barka da jummah. Don't forget the require supplications.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by olawalebabs(m): 8:15am On Jan 13, 2012
Barka da jummah,make Allah accept our supplications as an act of Ibadah
Re: Barka Juma'ah by zayhal(f): 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2012
Jum'ah mubarak all.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 12:57pm On Jan 20, 2012
Barka Juma'ah to everyone.

May the blessings of this day be upon us all .Amin
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Jarus(m): 1:00pm On Jan 20, 2012

Re: Barka Juma'ah by chakula: 2:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
Jarus:

AMENNNNNNNNNN!
Re: Barka Juma'ah by FayeZik(f): 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2012
Salamunllah alaekum wa Jummah mubarak to everyone.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by deols(f): 7:54pm On Jan 24, 2012
opened the thread for the first time. its amazing, would be back on friday InshaAllah. Barika
Re: Barka Juma'ah by chakula: 12:15pm On Jan 27, 2012
Juma'ah Kareem to you All.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by olawalebabs(m): 12:18pm On Jan 27, 2012
chakula:

Juma'ah Kareem to you All.
Same to you
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 12:44pm On Jan 27, 2012

Go in time to listen to the khutba.

Re: Barka Juma'ah by tunde1200(m): 2:16pm On Jan 27, 2012
about to
Re: Barka Juma'ah by deols(f): 5:28pm On Jan 27, 2012
barka jum'ah. May we live long to see many more of it.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by DisGuy: 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2012
Spread the love

Barka Jumaah

Help your neighbours

deeds of kindness is within your reach- do it!
Re: Barka Juma'ah by deols(f): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2012
Jum'ah Mubarak.

dont forget the sunna acts of the day

May Allah save us from hell and accept us in al jannah. amin.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by olawalebabs(m): 12:25pm On Feb 03, 2012
^^^Amin
Barka da Jummah
Re: Barka Juma'ah by mukina2: 12:56pm On Feb 03, 2012
Amin

Barka Juma'ah.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by babs787(m): 6:19pm On Feb 03, 2012
Barka Juma'ah
Re: Barka Juma'ah by FayeZik(f): 6:45pm On Feb 03, 2012
Barka Juma'ah to you all. May Allah accept our ibadah.
Re: Barka Juma'ah by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 04, 2012
Sis Fayezik and babs87,Longtime,asalamu alaykum.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

Nairaland Muslim Newbies: Introduce Yourselves Here / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? / Prayers For Couples Trying To Conceive A Child (TTC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.