Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State (27560 Views)

Photo Of A Guy Infected With The Mysterious Disease In Ondo / Residents Flee As Death From Strange Disease In Ondo Rises / Victim Of Deadly Disease In Ode Irele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by Originalsly: 7:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
nanizle:
I'm still suspecting the victims knowingly or un knowingly consumed some kind of poisonous substance... a very potent one.

Viruses' and bacteria don't kill that fast and the physical conditions of the victims is quite unlike anything I've heard about.

Possible....wonder if there is any of these private investment companies dumping toxic waste and polluting the potable waters. They need to find the common thread among the victims.....all unknowingingly ate poisoned fish?....or received some kind of vaccine from these roaming NGO people. LUTH...hmmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
nanizle:
I'm still suspecting the victims knowingly or un knowingly consumed some kind of poisonous substance... a very potent one.

Viruses' and bacteria don't kill that fast and the physical conditions of the victims is quite unlike anything I've heard about.

Actually some viruses and bacteria can kill quickly.

Like rabies...caused by a virus....which leads to death in ten days...or less.
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by Princenovo(m): 7:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by tintingz(m): 7:44pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ahmed4002:
Recite 3 times the following:
Prayer for protection and cure from all illnesses

The same prayer applies for Muslims and Non-Muslims; Allah will inshallah (God willing ) cure/protect them from illnesses

Translation: O Allah (God), I seek your refuge from insanity, mutilation, leprosy and from all serious illnesses.

Transliteration: Allahumma Inni Aa-oothu-bika minal jonoo-ni wal-juthami wal-barasi wassayi-il-asqaam.
Nice one brother.

May Allah bless you. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by ebukaOtika(m): 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hmmmmm pls hope the Oba is aware of this ,,,,

We should not indulge in tribablistic statements and Threats whatsoever ,,.

Has this now become the Lagoon in Disguise ,,.? Coming back to the sender ,.,,,

Pls if you like Insult me ,,,, its allowed ,,,,

But b4 you do dat ,,,, check all my comments here on NL you will see that i dont support Tribalism in all sincerity ,,,,

I'm even very sorry for writing dis ,,,, especially to those it will affect negatively,,,, just understand where my point lies.

Cc: Otikigba 1
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by omogbayeee(m): 7:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
I contacted people at Irele and cause of the death can be traceable to some individuals who went to a powerful shrine in the town and made away with the image of the gods of the shrine to sell and for money rituals. Their acts made the gods to visit all those involved in the acts. An high chief from the town confirmed that only the initiates are permitted to see the gods. He said all those involved,the planners,the drivers,the buyers,the people to that see the gods will be affected. The solution according to the chief is for them to confess at the shrine and for the chief priest to perform some spiritual dieties on them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by Temidayo9(m): 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
JUST PYE: UPDATE ON STRANGE ILLNESS IN ODE IRELE, ONDO STATE: The Msytery behind it unveiled - http://pyeworld..com/2015/04/update-on-strange-illness-in-ode-irele.html?spref=tw
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by ZLANGAARD: 7:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ezedon:
End time, this is another Apc Change
must everything be turned to politics? smh.
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by DeRay98(m): 8:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
"Blood and CSF samples were taken from the victims that presented at the hospital and have been sent to LUTH for comprehensive assays."
Is it not pathetic that they have send Blood samples from On do state to LUTH in Lagos for analysis? Implying that either they don't a facility in Ondo state for performing such Lab analysis or they don't have competent personnel in the state. Either way it's a shame that the state cannot boast of a single medical facility with a world class functionality... Shame

2 Likes

Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by lebienconnu: 8:16pm On Apr 17, 2015
mployer:
The Oracle story seems true after all shocked

Read this again.....

The patients are all male, middle-aged and all developed the illness about the same time..

It is a mysterious world.

Let us check further if there is any relationship between the 5. Did they visit a common place in the immediate past? We need to know the origin of this attack. Could they have exposed themselves to a contaminant in the course of the alleged theft of deity? We shd consider all options.
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by nanizle(m): 8:24pm On Apr 17, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Ten days you say.

But this one reportedly kills within 24hrs or so..
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by nefertitiram: 8:32pm On Apr 17, 2015
bushdoc9919:

Ehh, but not 24hrs na! It's too fast for a pathogen. I hope it is one angry god and not a biological agent
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by telad(m): 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
DeRay98:
"Blood and CSF samples were taken from the victims that presented at the hospital and have been sent to LUTH for comprehensive assays."
Is it not pathetic that they have send Blood samples from On do state to LUTH in Lagos for analysis? Implying that either they don't a facility in Ondo state for performing such Lab analysis or they don't have competent personnel in the state. Either way it's a shame that the state cannot boast of a single medical facility with a world class functionality... Shame

so when blood samples of suspected Ebola patient in oau ile life was sent to Lagos for analysis, it shows the teaching hospital in oau is useless or lacks quality personnel. For your information gain fawehinmi diagnostic center in Ondo is a World class diagnostic center recognized by WHO n it can also test symptoms luth can't e.g lassa fever can only be tested n confirmed in few centers in Nigeria. So get your facts right before jumping unto conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by Nobody: 8:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
Could this be effects of some neurotoxins.?
Just thinking aloud.
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by geoworldedu: 9:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
Ahmed4002:
Recite 3 times the following:
Prayer for protection and cure from all illnesses

The same prayer applies for Muslims and Non-Muslims; Allah will inshallah (God willing ) cure/protect them from illnesses

Translation: O Allah (God), I seek your refuge from insanity, mutilation, leprosy and from all serious illnesses.

Transliteration: Allahumma Inni Aa-oothu-bika minal jonoo-ni wal-juthami wal-barasi wassayi-il-asqaam.

Must this prayer be said verbatim? Can't ppl pray their prayers in their own words? Na WA O!!!
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by telad(m): 9:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
d state governor has just addressed at 9pm that no Ebola so far in Ondo from preliminary results n its confirmed by WHO, we are waiting for final result to eradicate any doubt.

I believe this is spiritual, riverine side of Ondo state worship d god call Ayelala, Ondo town worship Ogun. but how can u tell WHO that its Ayelala that killed them, hence the need to satisfy the civilised folks by giving them what they want to hear. lolsss

there are no new cases unfolding and there won't be, it is what it is; traditions nothing more.
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by eddydey(m): 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2015
Has Ifa been consulted ?
there's no smoke without fire!
meanwhile, RIP to those that died. cry
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by Lilimax(f): 9:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
stayblack:
NA DIRTY..WHEN U LIVE DIRTY U DIE DIRTY..AND YORUBA,ANOTHER NAME DIRTY..
O gini? This you comment is a no-no shocked
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by Lilimax(f): 9:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
telad:

so when blood samples of suspected Ebola patient in oau ile life was sent to Lagos for analysis, it shows the teaching hospital in oau is useless or lacks quality personnel. For your information gain fawehinmi diagnostic center in Ondo is a World class diagnostic center recognized by WHO n it can also test symptoms luth can't e.g lassa fever can only be tested n confirmed in few centers in Nigeria. So get your facts right before jumping unto conclusion.
But there are some medical tests Mecure does not carry out. Was so disappointed when I learnt they can conduct Endoscopy in there lab in Lagos so what made it world class? Although they're trying sha .. smiley
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by Kazrem(m): 10:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
kitnah:
God have mercy.

Make this thing no spread reach my estate o.
Your estate abi your state of residence.
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by freethinker01: 10:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
teeowl:
what is the meaning of .?

I don't know if I can explain it to your satisfaction but IFA.Com has all d answers to all your questions bro.
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by Angoni(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
casket:
Could this be effects of some neurotoxins.?
Just thinking aloud.

My impression exactly, looks like the CNS is affected. This guy could have reported on some important negatives (fever, conscious levels) and finding of physical exam. Something seems to be poisoning the people.
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by Josh316(m): 1:46am On Apr 18, 2015
I'm shocked no medical personnel is suspecting methanol poisoning. If there was some release of methanol vapour or consumption of methanok, it would fit the symptoms as well as the progression of the condition. Sudden blindness is the key.

2 Likes

Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by stiles009(m): 7:34am On Apr 18, 2015
You have neither demystify nor clarify the said ailment... And your abridge note is rather inconclusive!!

1 Like

Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by logica(m): 11:02am On Apr 18, 2015
All the admitted patients are males, middle-aged, and all developed the illness at about the same time.
...and isn't that right there enough of a pointer?
Re: Demystifying The Mysterious Disease In Ondo State by Adesiji77: 5:57am On Apr 20, 2015
Josh316:
I'm shocked no medical personnel is suspecting methanol poisoning. If there was some release of methanol vapour or consumption of methanok, it would fit the symptoms as well as the progression of the condition. Sudden blindness is the key.

You seem to be spot on!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/weedkiller-likely-cause-nigeria-mystery-disease-110011197.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Gain Weight? / UPDATE :There s no ERROR on the man who almost Died From A 'prescription Error' / Lady Who Died During Childbirth Yet To Be Buried Over Money To Buy Coffin.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.