Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,719 members, 7,955,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:06 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (71144 Views)

Poll: Will you still support Arsenal if it ends the season in 5th?

Yes - Rain or Shine I support Arsenal: 67% (51 votes)
I will still support if Wenger is fired: 6% (5 votes)
NO!! Top 4 or NOTHING: 19% (15 votes)
I will if Wenger buys world class players: 6% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by rasputinn(m): 7:38am On Jan 26, 2009
dayokanu:

I thot today was the deadline for Arshavin deal. we have like 18 hours more.

Lets wait and see

We've been made to be so engrossed in the Arshavin saga that we've forgotten about the CB issue,now it's like if we fit get just one playa we go hala ope ooo such a shame
I wonder how Arsene wants to end his reign @ the Emirates
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2009
ayusman16:

Still don't believe we are going to sign any player. sad
That's the spirit! grin

That way, if AW doesn't sign, your BP won't go through the roof, and if he does, you'll be glad. wink

Latest Rumours on Arshavin. . . .

Meanwhile, Andrei Arshavin was close to completing his transfer to Arsenal last night after Zenit St Petersburg abandoned hope of raising £20million from the sale.
Arsenal are understood to have set a deadline of today and Zenit will decide this afternoon.

See LINK

Not too sure how authentic that is, but the news is corroborated by some comments on Russian blogs. . . the good thing is, latest by the weekend we'll be done with this. cool

Gunner 1965 cool tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 1:09pm On Jan 26, 2009
dayokanu:

I thot today was the deadline for Arshavin deal. we have like 18 hours more.

Lets wait and see

i'll do a bayern thread for you soon tongue

leave our thread for us o tongue.

I said it before am saying it again grin its enough heart attack with the way they play sometimes, i wont raise my hopes, if AW signs Arshavin its ok, if he doesn't, we keep on praying for miracles cheesy

am still not giving up on my Gunner 2009 dream cool i believe this year something will come to us, something must come to us, as long as its not by ref bribing tongue, match fixing and no other underground tricks ,like the scumtwats and chekslites do grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 1:22pm On Jan 26, 2009
Now for some good ol' rumour mongering grin

Wonder why Clichy's form has dropped this season? I have the answers for y'all. wink

grin grin

No beef for my man Gael, I think he just needs to focus a bit more on his game. This is just him taking a break (deservedly at that) but dude. . . .easy on the Moet! grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by grandjedi(m): 1:27pm On Jan 26, 2009
mukina2:

I said it before am saying it again grin its enough heart attack with the way they play sometimes, i wont raise my hopes, if AW signs Arshavin its ok,  if he doesn't, we keep on praying for miracles  cheesy

EXACTLY!
    Na siddon look we dey. Getting Arshavin is turning out to be trickier than luring out an owl in daylight. But our fingers are still crossed. Let's hope Zenith sees reason eventually.

IF he's signed, the next question is " How fast will he settle down to give us the kind of quality we need? "
Anyway, let him get signed first before we think of that. It's not over till it's over  grin

@Debosky,
     Lol. grin grin grin No wonder!!! Ain't no smoke without fire  wink The girl in Pic 2 seems to be lighting his fire well enough!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 1:59pm On Jan 26, 2009
LOL debo LOL grin

clichy dey grind grin grin grin but the girl short small na grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by grandjedi(m): 3:47pm On Jan 26, 2009
Muki,
Don't tell me you're trying to defend the girl o grin grin Or that you're even remotely implying that she's a minor. Why she sef go jam the big boys for club?
I just hope she's not the one beclouding our defender's mind to make those errors he's been making lately tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 4:04pm On Jan 26, 2009
grand jedi biko please modify that minor part grin

"they" will soon come and capitalise on it grin grin

i implied that clichy should have gone down a bit now . she is prolly a short chic grin as short as criztalz grin

[s]well all work and no play makes Gael a bad defender[/s] o[s]r all play and no work makes him a bad defender[/s] which one sef tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 5:13pm On Jan 26, 2009
Just to whet your appetites a bit more. . . .

latest transfer rumours:

Wenger to bid £7m for Micah Richards

Eboue to contest for England at 2012 Olympics (Diving event) grin grin

Wenger thinking about bidding for DB10's unborn son (not even foetus yet) grin
A-40:

Arsene knows now no be so when its getting painfully obvious that he is getting a bit confused with things! There are rumors new contract talks are on for Eboue can you imagine someone we should be offloading in this transfer window would this man just buy Arshavin already tongue tongue
Cool your jets bro. . . AW can't give Eboue a new deal since he just signed one in 2007. That's just his agent talking nonsense. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dayokanu(m): 5:55pm On Jan 26, 2009
See Clichy, Na less privilege he dey pursue.
Obviously he went to a midget club.

Clichy is like 5ft 8 the girl cant be more than 5ft

First Gallas dopes, Now clichy dey groove.

A whole bottle of Moet(Dont tell me a whole clichy shares a bottle) downed in one full gulp is not good for any athlete.

Is anyone still wondering about his poor form of late?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 6:30pm On Jan 26, 2009
who asked for your opinion? tongue

cuz you are a giant, everyone else should be one? tongue tongue tongue tongue

Debo
naaa the diving event section is already full grin
Eboue need not go at all grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by AJITERU: 7:22pm On Jan 26, 2009
Debo,
kindly discuss with Arsene Wenger to please sign the talk of the town for us. Less thank seven hours to go. Please do something fast.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2009
AJITERU:

Debo,
kindly discuss with Arsene Wenger to please sign the talk of the town for us. Less thank seven hours to go. Please do something fast.
grin grin grin

Abeg oh, I am just an ordinary fan like yourself. . . .I have no connections to AW. Ask Muki to deliver your message to him, I heard AW goes on vacation to Gambia every year. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 7:35pm On Jan 26, 2009
AJITERU:

Debo,
kindly discuss with Arsene Wenger
to please sign the talk of the town for us. Less thank seven hours to go. Please do something fast.

debosky:

grin grin grin

Abeg oh, I am just an ordinary fan like yourself. . . .I have no connections to AW. Ask Muki to deliver your message to him, I heard AW goes on vacation to Gambia every year. grin

grin grin grin

@Ajiteru

Y'all got to learn that inculcating the siddon-look approach is the most soothing and calming approach to this "window".
The more you expect,the more your BP sky-rockets cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by AJITERU: 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2009
I tot you the closet friend of the gaffer.
Muki,
kindly deliever my message to prof as debo rightly said.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by AJITERU: 7:42pm On Jan 26, 2009
I tot you the closet friend of the gaffer.
Muki,
kindly deliever my message to prof as debo rightly said.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 8:03pm On Jan 26, 2009
Check Clichy out quaffing a bottle of Mo'! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 8:17pm On Jan 26, 2009
Y'all should quit hyperventilating grin Zenit will release Arshavin. . .it's the only sensible thing to do.
Wenger's lean price isn't completely unreasonable considering the current financial crises and the player's age. . .besides I doubt that Zenit would want an unwilling player on their hands for the rest of the season. . .bad dressing-room influence,kinda like Dimitar. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2009
Cristalz:

Y'all should quit hyperventilating grin Zenit will release Arshavin. . .it's the only sensible thing to do.
Wenger's lean price isn't completely unreasonable considering the current financial crises and the player's age. . .besides I doubt that Zenit would want an unwilling player on their hands for the rest of the season. . .bad dressing-room influence[b],kinda like Dimitar[/b]. . .

Who is Dimitar or Dimitri?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 8:32pm On Jan 26, 2009
17.59 Zenit St Petersburg star Andrei Arshavin is still waiting to see if he will be allowed to join Arsenal.

I have been on skysports throughout the whole day expecting the Good news.Let my Arshavin go Zenit or has devil hardned there hearts?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 8:34pm On Jan 26, 2009
Brash

Zenit keeping a player that wants to leave = Bad dressing-room influence = Dimitar sulking all over White Hart Lane when Spurs was hedging over his sale,killing his team's spirit. Ya dig? This is kinda like a similar situ.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:37pm On Jan 26, 2009
Just like Billy's ciggie wasn't lit, let's assume also that it was lucozade or just water in the Moet bottle. grin grin grin
Really, Clichy's just having some fun. grin grin
Meanwhile, Muki,  u will have to clean up this sacred thread for us.
The chic chav was claiming that the Chavs are the pride of London !!!!!
On our thread
I laugh grin grin
Meanwhile, I havent heard about Andrei saga today
Its all silent.
Lets wait and see
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 8:39pm On Jan 26, 2009
@ Criatalz
Not sure the Russians are thinking like the Spuds!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 8:43pm On Jan 26, 2009
Cristalz:

Brash

Zenit keeping a player that wants to leave = Bad dressing-room influence = Dimitar sulking all over White Hart Lane when Spurs was hedging over his sale,killing his team's spirit. Ya dig? This is kinda like a similar situ.

Yeah but who the hell is Dimitar naw
? angry cheesy

I hope it is not who i am thinking!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2009
Yep. . .the one and only Dimi Berba grin Don't tell me you don't know his first name. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2009
Cristalz:

Yep.  .  .the one and only Dimi Berba grin Don't tell me you don't know his first name.  .  .

Oh dear, not him again!

Slug, fucking snail

I dont cost 32millz but a free transfer and i am in double figures for my semi pro team already!

Now beat that Berba-Shit
!! grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 9:07pm On Jan 26, 2009
Uh. . .what's the name of your team again? cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:19pm On Jan 26, 2009
Cristalz:

Uh.  .  .what's the name of your team again? cheesy grin

Itz only semi pro love but we do the bizness no sluggishness in front of goal KidlingtonFC, Oxfordshire Hellenic Premier League!
wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 9:30pm On Jan 26, 2009
Uh. . .okay. . .never heard of 'em before though. . .what position do you play?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2009
Google it
Left Midfielder/But i have played majorly as a striker dis season, i only joined last summer after moving to Oxford from London
!
Didnt expect u wld have heard of em, but ay, itz some decent standard and itz all a laff, game tmor nite, i will tape it and put it on blast! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 9:42pm On Jan 26, 2009
Okay. . .seems pretty decent. . .saw one of the trophies y'all compete for is the FA Vase grin And what's with all the ''shire''s?
So Brash,lay it down. . .how many goals,how many assists,how many individual awards? W.anna try get you into Sunderland grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:47pm On Jan 26, 2009
Truth be told, i have only scored 9 all season in all competitions, the top goal scorers chart had my name on it as at November but i got injured
Hamstring tendon was damaged, i only just returned to training last wk, and my first game will be tmor night at home, so cant wait
A fair few assists with my deadly pace and left foot cheesy grin quicker dan Ryan Giggs and Skinny Tosic! tongue
Awards from YTS teams, College, Uni team and a couple of previous semi-pro teams!

Sunderland? Nah love, i will rather play for Swindon Town FC
! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

Aston Villa Vs Liverpool (7 - 2) On 4th October 2020 / Liverpool Vs Chelsea (5 - 3) On 22nd July 2020 / MK Dons Vs Manchester United: Capital One Cup (4 - 0) On 26th August 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.