Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (65824 Views)

Poll: Will you still support Arsenal if it ends the season in 5th?

Yes - Rain or Shine I support Arsenal: 67% (51 votes)
I will still support if Wenger is fired: 6% (5 votes)
NO!! Top 4 or NOTHING: 19% (15 votes)
I will if Wenger buys world class players: 6% (5 votes)
This poll has ended

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:53pm On Jan 26, 2009
Criz

M the third from left in the team photo on the centre page!{standing by the way!}
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2009
I didn't see! Pls post again?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2009
Cristalz:

I didn't see! Pls post again?

Go to the website again naw kidlingtonfc.co.uk
cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 10:02pm On Jan 26, 2009
i don't think Arteta would be playing for Everton against Arsenal on WEd.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2009
Oh.Didn't go to that site the first time. You look so happy,lol grin
So you're playing Slade Farm Utd? Are you left-handed too?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by allboyz(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2009
i don't think Arteta would be playing for Everton against Arsenal on WEd.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2009
Yeah,I got you the first time allboyz grin
Why don't you think he'll play?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:08pm On Jan 26, 2009
Cristalz:

Oh.Didn't go to that site the first time. You look so happy,lol grin
So you're playing Slade Farm Utd? Are you left-handed too?

Yeah, i was excited i got signed after a nice preseason and m normally the clown in the team!! grin
Check this, we even had this dude play for us towards the end of last year, Jermain McSporran~he used to play for Wycombe Wanderers!!!
We play Slade Farm Tmor night, i love the night games!!hehe, I write with my right surprisingly, but everything else, leftie
!! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2009
Arteta is likely injured for the game. . . .Everton has played two sapping derbies this past week - they should be ripe for the taking. Only if we tighten up at the back though.

@ Brash

I wanna come trial with your club. . . .do they need a mean looking CM? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2009
Brash

Clown in the team huh?Interesting. So you're one happy fella.  .  .I know a number of people that'll disagree with that on NL,lol grin
Wycombe Wanderers? He came to grace the team or something? That's nice.
How come you can write with your right?I can't. I'm all left.
So how much do they pay you? cheesy grin

@Debo

Mean looking? LOL grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:19pm On Jan 26, 2009
debosky:

@ Brash
I wanna come trial with your club. . . .do they need a mean looking CM?  grin

We could do with an extra Arsenal supporter in the team and it will be awesome, because Doyley and Bolts are United Supporters!! grin cheesy

I will have a word with the Gaffe tmor, he wont mind, as he supports Oxford United
! cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:24pm On Jan 26, 2009
Cristalz:

Brash
Clown in the team huh?Interesting. So you're one happy fella.  .  .I know a number of people that'll disagree with that on NL,lol grin
Wycombe Wanderers? He came to grace the team or something? That's nice.
How come you can write with your right?I can't. I'm all left.
So how much do they pay you? cheesy grin

Yeah J McSporran got signed, played for a few weeks then he bleeped off! cheesy
He use to think because i have played bigger league, m major, but we didnt care!!!
I get peanuts, but m happy playing coz of passion, same as everyone else in the semi-pro leagues around, there aint no real money in dat level!
writing with my right is something i cant get my head round to be honest but God is wonderful!!M all leftie minus writing, u beat me from cupping a haul!

And as per people on NL and what they think about me? i dont care
!! grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 10:31pm On Jan 26, 2009
Hurray for passion then.  .  .yours is very infectious grin I like.
What do you do before a game,like how do you prepare? Do you eat normally?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:43pm On Jan 26, 2009
We get advised to have healthy light breakfast and fruits, no junk before games, but we flout that at times and dont go out the night before a game

After the game, we have a proper meal, depending on what away teams cook or what we cook in our clubhouse!

Itz a good setup, from the youth team to the reserves to the first team and a good bunch of lads too, we all have fun and itz serious!

Before a game, we meet up obviously, have a banter and get warmed up, away games are much fun coz we travel together

M gonna be on the bench tmor ( sad) as i havnt got much match fitness, so i have to force my way back into the starting line up

Playing Fairford Town away tmor, the Reserves are the ones playing Slade Farm Utd.
cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Cristalz(f): 10:45pm On Jan 26, 2009
Away teams cook? For real? grin Didn't even know any team did any cooking on game days/nights.
Don't worry about the bench. . .just be a fighter like Tevez.And train like Ronaldo. . .you'll be back in starting line-up before you know it grin

Have a good game tomorrow dearie,win or lose. . .hoping you win though.And don't break anything.Gtg now wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 10:54pm On Jan 26, 2009
Yeah we got cooks, who whip up the dishes!!Rubbish at times but who cares, as long as i can have a mars bar after a game, i am yappy! grin cheesy
Yea thanks, will keep doing my thing and stay injury free
Nice chatting wit u, nite
! cheesy tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 10:56pm On Jan 26, 2009
Brash,

Never knew you don't always do the talking(posting about footie),you do the real action too.

Do intend playin pro some say?

Oh me days!You seem pretty happy to play away from North London too, grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by MrCrackles(m): 11:05pm On Jan 26, 2009
Kaypumpin

Pro is long bruv, m focused on a career in engineering at the mo, footy is just a side thing to keep my passion intact!

I had the chance to work my way up the pro ladder but formal education meant a lot to me, so one had to go on the backburner

And besides, at almost mid 20's,too late but no regrets, happy with everything
!!

cheesy grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 11:19pm On Jan 26, 2009
Aaaaaaaaaaight brov it's ll good.With that look though,you can still play for naija under-17,never mind U-20 grin tongue

Keep the leftie "burning" like Persie! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by follypimpi(m): 11:33pm On Jan 26, 2009
@Brash

I have a gud news for u,

21.57 Zenit St Petersburg claim they have agreed a fee with Arsenal for Andrei Arshavin. However, the Russian club say the Gunners are struggling to settle personal terms with the playmaker.

Finally
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 11:52pm On Jan 26, 2009
follypimpi:

@Brash

I have a gud news for u,

21.57 Zenit St Petersburg claim they have agreed a fee with Arsenal for Andrei Arshavin. However, the Russian club say the Gunners are struggling to settle personal terms with the playmaker.

Finally

You beat me to it
Seems we finally got our man!
Wow, finally Arshav-in
Hoping to see him in the red and white jersey soon on the Arsenal.com page
Of course, thats when I will believe! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by dinozzo(m): 11:59pm On Jan 26, 2009
yeah finally

Arsenal have struck a deal with Zenit St Petersburg for Andrei Arshavin, according to the Russian club, but a deal is still some way from being concluded.

The Gunners have been locked in talks with Zenit for some time over the services of the 27-year-old Russia international, who shone at Euro 2008.

Zenit have not revealed the figure Arsenal have bid for the club's long-serving player, although they claim the fee is the 'real market value of the player'.

Arshavin, who interested Spanish giants Barcelona last summer, is now discussing personal terms with Arsene Wenger's side, but Zenit say his lofty demands are currently outside Arsenal's budget.

"The fundamental understanding over the transfer of the player has been achieved between the clubs," read a statement on Zenit's official website.

"At the moment the basic obstacle in realising the transaction is Andrei Arshavin's personal requirements."

[url]http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4853763,00.html[/url]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:02am On Jan 27, 2009
Finally?

There are still issues to be sorted out regarding personal terms. . . .I repeat, till the player appears on Arsenal.com, don't assume the deal is done.

This is to prevent undue heart attacks and high BP. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 27, 2009
Arsenal na wa . . . locked in talks for centuries over just one player
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 12:04am On Jan 27, 2009
Debo, Ati and Kay
you see i talked to AW cool

like HNIC am waiting to see his pic on arsenal.com grin

if any site/sports channel use me play this nite i swear i go send sontin to them angry grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 12:09am On Jan 27, 2009
debosky:

Finally?

There are still issues to be sorted out regarding personal terms. . . .I repeat, till the player appears on Arsenal.com, don't assume the deal is done.

Once again,every one with a faint heart should religiously tow this line pls! grin cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by HNIC(m): 12:10am On Jan 27, 2009
debosky:

Finally?

@ Debo

I think AA's personal terms wont cause so much wahala,hopefully grin grin grin
But still won't  pop the champagne until he appears on the Arsenal website!
Meanwhile, when he signs,I wonder what will happen.
Will he take Hleb's number 13 jersey or Billy relinquishes the no 10 jersey and picks no 13.
It still looks odd to me seeing a centre back puting on the number 10 jersey
Especially, one that was once won by a legend,DB10.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 12:15am On Jan 27, 2009
HNIC:

@ Debo

I think AA's personal terms wont cause so much wahala,hopefully grin grin grin
But still won't pop the champagne until he appears on the Arsenal website!
Meanwhile, when he signs,I wonder what will happen.
Will he take Hleb's number 13 jersey or Billy relinquishes the no 10 jersey and picks no 13.
It still looks odd to me seeing a centre back puting on the number 10 jersey
Especially, one that was once won by a legend,DB10.

It may interest you that one of the reason Billie left SB was cos his number was given to Ballack or so.
We have so many cases of funny number-donning by our players,BUT Billie's case is the funniest grin shocked.
Jersey number 13 i feel is the most realistic till Billie is off-loaded in the summer.

Arshav-in? I still say Arshav-pending! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by debosky(m): 12:26am On Jan 27, 2009
@ A-40

I'd rather not discuss shirt numbers right now. . . I remember dreaming about what shirt Ribery would wear a while back and he signed for Bayern. tongue

My heart is hardened by many disappointments, so I don't tend to set myself up for more. Right now, I'm going to bed and will sleep well. If tomorrow, Ars***** is signed, then good. If not, I continue my SONG and EBOUE bashing immediately. tongue grin grin

I have asked a doctor to be on standby on this thread till Wednesday in case any frail-hearted member gets overwhelmed. grin

follypimpi - STOP refreshing newsnow and skysports. . .it's for your own good mate wink

Arsha er

Gunner 1965 tongue grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by kaypumpin2(m): 12:48am On Jan 27, 2009
And no one has been commenting on the fair draw we have been having so far in the FA CUP.
To know we will be facing either of Westbrom or Burnley at the emirati is good fixture after
we might have seen off Cardiff.Am loving it! grin as this may be one of the only realistic way of
cupping a trophy this '09
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by A40(m): 5:15am On Jan 27, 2009
So the Arshavin deal is almost done shocked shocked but seriously what is wrong with the greedy Arrow how can he want double of 40k a week i think his bluff should be called here because he is not worth 80k a week
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only by mukina2: 10:25am On Jan 27, 2009
Tomas Rosicky is back in training , i read just now, he is getting better? undecided

As for the Arsha--- story, am not going to be checking arsenal.com ok thats not true tongue grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (101)

Manchester City vs Inter Milan (1 - 0) On 10th June 2023 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United (1 - 3) On 2nd December 2017 / Sevilla Vs Manchester United: Europa League (2 - 1) On 16th August 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.