Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,504 members, 7,954,924 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:36 PM

Are Our Pastors Really "Speaking In Tounges" ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Our Pastors Really "Speaking In Tounges" ? (413 Views)

ATTENTION: What Is Happening? Our Pastors Are Turning To Motivational Speakers. / On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets / Setting The Record Straight On "Speaking In Tongues" And Other Spiritual Gifts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Our Pastors Really "Speaking In Tounges" ? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
These days it is not uncommon to go to a church and hear the pastor say some utterly meaningless words in the middle of a prayer or praise. Most of the members even without understanding, follow suit. Now the purpose of this thread is to examine this practice, to find out if it is in tandem with biblical doctrines or if your pastors are just blowing breeze over your head while dry-cleaning your pockets. As reference, i would like to present a few verses from the bible
Acts 2:4-11 which says

4 And they were all filled with the Holy
Ghost, and began to speak with other
tongues, as the Spirit gave them
utterance.
5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem
Jews, devout men, out of every nation
under heaven.
6 Now when this was noised abroad, the
multitude came together, and were
confounded, because that every man
heard them speak in his own language.
7 And they were all amazed and marvelled,
saying one to another, Behold, are not all
these which speak Galilaeans?
8 And how hear we every man in our own
tongue, wherein we were born?
9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and
the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in
Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and
Asia,
10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in
the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and
strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them
speak in our tongues the wonderful
works of God.

This goes a long way to show that the gibberish most pastors say is not assocciated with the Bible( might be a spell, dunno). How can it be assocciated with the bible when we can't understand it in basic, universally spoken english language ? Sometimes i wonder how people fall for that, but i think it has to do with their hunger for quick solutions to their problems. This is one reason why i don't take pastors that speak in tounges seriously
moral of the post: don't follow every pastor and church doctrine sheepishly, examine them
cc: lalasticlala
Re: Are Our Pastors Really "Speaking In Tounges" ? by psucc(m): 10:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
MBA NU!!!

99.9 are simply simulation.
Re: Are Our Pastors Really "Speaking In Tounges" ? by lordizak(m): 10:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
especially Christ Embassy them dey fake am.

1 Like

Re: Are Our Pastors Really "Speaking In Tounges" ? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
Exactly. For me to actually believe a pastor is speaking in tounges, the yoruba woman by my right and the hausa man by my left must be able to hear the preaching in their different languages, and dialects if there are any

(1) (Reply)

BLW: Month Of Meditation, Upload Your Bible Verses Here! / Prayers And Its Consequence. Who Answered Prayers / The Pretty One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.