Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets (1838 Views)

Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by folks4luv(f): 4:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
After reading people's opinions about our Men of God and material possessions, I began to rethink my stand on the issue. Before I continue, I think I should first describe what my stand was. Each time I hear or read a report about Men of God acquiring material possessions, most especially with the bashing they receive from Christians and non Christians alike, I believed they should be left alone to do what seems good to them at that moment, because at the end of the day, they are not accountable to any man, but to God. So as a Christian, I try to pay my tithe and offering and I am always careful not to do it because someone persuade me to, but because it comes from my heart and because I believe God instructed me to, that way I do not get bothered about how the money is spent because it is my duty to pay and the pastor's to use and each person will account for his role. So I think I can say I am quite neutral.
But recently, I began to have a rethink, a rethink because I began to ask questions and thereafter, I started feeling am too passive about this issue, maybe those bashing those Pastors are right, maybe the men most of us so revered are indeed extravagant. Come to think of it, the denomination I grew up in have a university it runs, but I had to stay at home for four years seeking for admission into a government owned University for the obvious reasons. We see the poor in the church, but I felt we are not seeing much succour, mostly all man for himself.
The recent report of Sahara report on Pastor T. B Joshua joining the league of men of God with private jet, followed by another report from the same source about Pastor Adebayo acquiring a new jet brought the questions back to my mind, to worsen my 'case', I read a post by a public activist condemning Pastor Adeboye's move. Though the post raised some salient issues, I considered it rude and filled with hate, perhaps it was this salient points that raised another question in my mind.
One of the points raised is the issue of poverty in the church. But then I asked myself a question, how many people will take the money they have being saving to buy a car to an orphanage to feed those poor kids? I bet you will agree feeding those kids is more important than getting you a car.
I can remember that my small tecno phone cost 14,000 naira, and i was telling a friend some days ago that I am tired of it already, now, I need another android that costs 33,000 or even more, but remember there are poor people around who need that money more than I do, but I don't feel guilty am thinking of buying a phone not giving to the poor, and it will interest you to know that I am not working yet. But this is my question, can I give up my desire to buy a new phone so that someone can eat? Now, I love to get a better phone and I know I need it, but no matter how much I need it, someone needs to eat and cloth, and you will agree that is more important. But the question is, will I be able to give up my desire for a better phone to feed the hungry?
There are many poor people in the church today, but there are many rich people too, when I say rich, I don't mean Dangote type of rich, but I mean rich enough to have surplus, no matter how little, but we know we will rather save up all the money we can lay our hands upon than give someone who can't feed well.
In the old testament, the Priest doesn't give the people what to eat, tithes are paid to the priests and Levites had there share, but the Levites still had to pay tithe to the Priest. The priest and Levites had no inheritance like other tribes, God said He is their inheritance, as a result of this, no matter how much a Levite want to, he can't pursue his ambition like others, he has being totally sold out to God, a priest can't even marry any woman like other men in Israel, he have rules guiding his choice.
Now, should the Pastors render helps to the poor, yes, of course they should, but each man according to proportion of faith he has received.
Check through the law of Moses, you will see the Lord instructed the israelites not to pick their field the second time, any grain that fall belong to the poor and the foreigners, but in our present generation, we don't just go back to pick the second time, we make sure we sweep all, so much that nothing is left for the poor. We spend more than 100k a times on a mobile phone though we know a neighbour that can't afford a small chinko phone.
Either you are a Muslim, a Christian, Traditionalist, or an Atheist, just before you throw the first stone, look around you, how many needs have you met? How many times have you inconvenient yourself so that someone will be better off, can u drive a smaller car though you can afford a bigger one, all so that someone may eat a more decent meal? You may say you aren't rich yet, but the little in your hand can make someone smile. Remember the cliché "don't ask what Nigeria will do for you, rather ask what you can do for Nigeria", my point is, let's stop looking without and look within, let's stop looking up there and start looking down, the fact is those men can never be perfect, we will always disagree with some things they do, but while we disagree, let's be our brother's keeper too.
Am not saying our dear Pastors are right, but if they are wrong, most of us aren't right either. We no holy pass.

1 Like

Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Tonydeeb(m): 4:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
Ok
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by xest(m): 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2015
Kudos to u OP, am so happy that the good Lord has opened ur eyes to see. All this so called pastors hav enriched theirselves through tithe and firstfruits of there members. Buy private Jets,lives in mantions,drives exotic cars. 97% of dem dnt have jobs,but fist on members who toil from month to month there salaries. What I always tell ppl abt tithe is this,read Matthew 23:23 were christ make us to believe that tithe is not important, there e other things that r important more than tithe. Christ preached abt Love... he ask us to help d poor, needy, orphans, widows, helpless etc in d society. But majority dnt even knw dis,ppl believe that paying of tithe wil bring u prosperity. I dnt pay tithe, but I dnt lack anything. Am healthy is by Gods grace, i have room under my head na God do am. I follow Christ Teachings and not man's Teachings.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 16, 2015
You want God to be the judge? Too bad you will remain in ignorance and perhaps poverty. I always laugh at fools who use the word "God" to settle matters. Where was God during slavery,I mean when black babies were being thrown into the sea?

You live in a country that is crippled,no good roads or basic amenities to survive as a human should and you are comfortable with pot bellied bastards who lie every Sunday on a useless pulpit. That is why I never pity Nigerians. Long may your suffering rein.

3 Likes

Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by vooks: 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
I can imagine you walking into your wife with another man on your matrimonial be and excusing yourself,heading to the sitting room to watch NatGeo because 'we are all sinners on way or the other'

1 Like

Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by vooks: 6:25pm On Sep 16, 2015
ifeness:
You want God to be the judge? Too bad you will remain in ignorance and perhaps poverty. I always laugh at fools who use the word "God" to settle matters. Where was God during slavery,I mean when black babies were being thrown into the sea?

You live in a country that is crippled,no good roads or basic amenities to survive as a human should and you are comfortable with pot bellied bastards who lie every Sunday on a useless pulpit. That is why I never pity Nigerians. Long may your suffering rein.
Look at this idle semi-antitheist
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by folks4luv(f): 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
vooks:
I can imagine you walking into your wife with another man on your matrimonial be and excusing yourself,heading to the sitting room to watch NatGeo because 'we are all sinners on way or the other'
I don't think the two situations are d same, those Pastors are stealing money outta anyone pocket, I have been in meetings where offerings were raised and I didn't give. My point is, am not saying those men are right, I don't feel they are, but let's take our attention away from them and put it on us
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by vooks: 7:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
folks4luv:

I don't think the two situations are d same, those Pastors are stealing money outta anyone pocket, I have been in meetings where offerings were raised and I didn't give. My point is, am not saying those men are right, I don't feel they are, but let's take our attention away from them and put it on us
The two are not mutually exclusive, we can look at them and u at the same time
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2015
If ur pastor does not have at least one private jet, change your church.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 7:16pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:
If ur pastor does not have at least one private jet, change your church.

where do you stand Sire?

I would love to know.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

where do you stand Sire?
I would love to know.
on a solid foundation
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 7:21pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

on a solid foundation

Ah! I see you do learn fast. cool

Learn not to get trapped by words. For by your words you live or die.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Ah! I see you do learn fast. cool
Learn not to get trapped by words. For by your words you live or die.
By words, do u mean speaking long grammar?
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 7:36pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

By words, do u mean speaking long grammar?

Words are life Sire. Empty words are powerless and vain.

I know no such thing as long grammar as you say.

Oh! how I watch my words, tending it, keeping it, watching it grow till it becomes a great tree with strong branches and fruits that yield the way to rest.

"Rest?" you say... Yes! rest I say.

For who is this rest if not My Lord. For He says "Come unto me all you that labor and are heavy laden, learn from Me and I will give you rest".
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Nobody: 7:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Words are life Sire. Empty words are powerless and vain.

I know no such thing as long grammar as you say.

Oh! how I watch my words, tending it, keeping it, watching it grow till it becomes a great tree with strong branches and fruits that yield the way to rest.

"Rest?" you say... Yes! rest I say.

For who is this rest if not My Lord. For He says "Come unto me all you that labor and are heavy laden, learn from Me and I will give you rest".

So if your pastor don't fly a private jet, how can he walk his talk
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

So if your pastor don't fly a private jet, how can he walk his talk

Ah! Now i am loving you.

So you do believe in the prosperity of preachers?
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Nobody: 7:53pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Ah! Now i am loving you.
So you do believe in the prosperity of preachers?
I believe that private jets are necessary to fly to God.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by folks4luv(f): 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

[quote author=dmandy post=38079192]
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 8:00pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

Inconsistency Sire, gives birth to frustrations.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Inconsistency Sire, gives birth to frustrations.
If your pastor sir does not fly those huge birds, leave that your church.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 8:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

If your pastor sir does not fly those huge birds, leave that your church.

Ah! I do know a certain person. Oh how the Lord not too Long ago blessed Him and His wife with a jet. And at a young age as such.

It's a good thing he isn't a pastor. Because the critics of the unbelieving denominations would have spoken of him so many ills.

*Thank you My great King, for It is your perfect will above all things that I walk in prosperity and be in health even as my soul prospers.*
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Ah! I do know a certain person. Oh how the Lord not too Long ago blessed Him and His wife with a jet. And at a young age as such.

It's a good thing he isn't a pastor. Because the critics of the unbelieving denominations would have spoken of him so many ills.

*Thank you My great King, for It is your perfect will above all things that I walk in prosperity and be in health even as my soul prospers.*

Ah! Indeed do I know a certain preacher who says to his subjects 'bring ye all that you possess to the house of God for the end is neigh. Bring ye also the last of your savings for indeed Yahweh loves a cheerful giver. Mind you its better to go hungry than let your neighbour outgive.' Oh how I thank God that today he flys a private jet while his followers continue to lavish in astute penury. For how can you be certain he hears from the creator if he cannot fly higher than you.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 8:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

Ah! Indeed do I know a certain preacher who says to his subjects 'bring ye all that you possess to the house of God for the end is neigh. Bring ye also the last of your savings for indeed Yahweh loves a cheerful giver. Mind you its better to go hungry than let your neighbour outgive.' Oh how I thank God that today he flys a private jet while his followers continue to lavish in astute penury. For how can you be certain he hears from the creator if he cannot fly higher than you.

Hmmm... you sire must have come from a demoralized cosmos.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Nobody: 8:28pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Hmmm... you sire must have come from a demoralized cosmos.
You sir must have come from a brainwashed damian.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
dmandy:

You sir must have come from a brainwashed damian.

It's domain.

Yes sire, I do not deny. I did brainwash myself with the scriptures. With the truth and not doctrines of men.

Rom 12:2. Is the theme for my brainwashing. cool
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Nobody: 8:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
Jeromejnr:

It's domain.

Yes sire, I do not deny. I did brainwash myself with the scriptures. With the truth and not doctrines of men.

Rom 12:2. Is the theme for my brainwashing. cool

I meant damian sire. he is a twin brother to your cosmos.

1 Like

Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 8:58pm On Sep 16, 2015
folks4luv:

Point of correction, some men of God do not live off tithe and offerings but gifts from various people. The tithe and offerings are usually used for other purposes.

Do you know how much some business men give to someone like Bishop Oyedepo or even Pastor Adeboye personally? People that know them personally will tell you this.

Don't just assume things based on hearsay. Lest you fall into errors and condemnation that will befall the critics.

P.S: I am not a member of their churches.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by paulGrundy(m): 9:04pm On Sep 16, 2015
@OP, you didn't even bother to verify the news. First it was T.B Joshua later the heading was modified to pastor Adeboye. Of which it was not even true.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by jaytee01(m): 9:42pm On Sep 16, 2015
The question is whether these jet flying pastors in Nigeria are more holy or doing God's work more than pastors in other countries?

Why are these businessmen so plenty in our country?
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
jaytee01:
The question is whether these jet flying pastors in Nigeria are more holy or doing God's work more than pastors in other countries?

Which countries?

Cause I can tell you many in other countries that do fly jets.

It's only in Nigeria people capitalize on what jet a man of God bought.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 16, 2015
jaytee01:

jets are very necessary in the dissemination of the gospel. Seeing is believing.

How can you believe a pastor who tells you that there's abundance in Christianity but is riding bicycle. The question answers itself... no jet no anointing.
Re: On Our Pastors Acquiring Jets by vooks: 4:03am On Sep 17, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Point of correction, some men of God do not live off tithe and offerings but gifts from various people. The tithe and offerings are usually used for other purposes.

Do you know how much some business men give to someone like Bishop Oyedepo or even Pastor Adeboye personally? People that know them personally will tell you this.

Don't just assume things based on hearsay. Lest you fall into errors and condemnation that will befall the critics.

P.S: I am not a member of their churches.

It is wise to acquaint yourself with Christian history. The era of mega-rich superstar GO is barely 100years and it coincides with the toxic gospel of benefit; word of faith,prosperity gospel....

So either this generation is doing right having discovered some gems totally lost to the previous generations of Christians for over 1800 years, or we have perfected the art of adulterating the truth and taken it to the next level.

It's pretty clear that non of first century believers had discovered the art of pampering their GOs else Paul would have been riding chariots

(1) (2) (Reply)

"I See Another World War" - Apostle Suleiman's 2016 Prophecies / 1111 / Pope Francis Tells Gay Man 'god Made You Like This And Loves You Like This'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.