Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:52 PM

The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories (2355 Views)

How Do "Long Time Coming" Success Stories Hit It And What Aren't We Doing? / Your Future Is At Risk, Behold!!!!! / #GEJAchievements Youwin Success Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Nobody: 7:18am On Apr 18, 2015
Hi,
first these house is to enlighten graduate and Experience folks to come together and share their dreams and aspiration here on these platform and so many professional will be here to guide you, if it is skills you need all you want and higher degree, we going to be sharing our stories of greatness,our mistakes, our failures, our journey to success, failure stories, success stories, please free to ask any question related to your current journey,share your best interview experience, also your worst, I have so many stories to tell, let our younger not make same mistakes, we be talking about our naija University curriculum did it really create impact on you to withstand industrial environment all these will talk... U all welcome. Don't mind my English.

First question to discuss about: Is University education a scam?

Imag5
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by thankyouJesus(m): 8:26am On Apr 18, 2015
I believe I am experienced.
Time to learn, quickly rush to grab my writing materials.
1. Best graduating student, department of Mathematics.
2. Best graduating student, faculty of science.
3. Overall best graduating student.
4. Winner of different scholarships.
5. Winner of different competitions.
6. Leadership positions.
7. Impacting lives positively.
8. Motivational speaker/writer.
9. Educational speaker/writer.
10. Human right activist
11. Minimum of 3years working experience (part time).
12. Empowering talks/actions/programmes.
13. Programmer.
14. Analyst.
15. Consultant.
For now, I will be back to share my experience, but on a learning mode.
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 18, 2015
thankyouJesus:
I believe I am experienced.
Time to learn, quickly rush to grab my writing materials.
1. Best graduating student, department of Mathematics.
2. Best graduating student, faculty of science.
3. Overall best graduating student.
4. Winner of different scholarships.
5. Winner of different competitions.
6. Leadership positions.
7. Impacting lives positively.
8. Motivational speaker/writer.
9. Educational speaker/writer.
10. Human right activist
11. Minimum of 3years working experience (part time).
12. Empowering talks/actions/programmes.
13. Programmer.
14. Analyst.
15. Consultant.
For now, I will be back to share my experience, but on a learning mode.
uwc bro, can't wait to hear your experience.............
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 18, 2015
Let me start my own story when I was in my final year my prof told me a word I will never forget in my l
Life.. He said stop forming you are tight, and don't be carry away with your result, He said you can't shine here ones you graduate you understand what am saying, ones you leave this place you going to meet the best of the best from different university and you will understand what am talking about...those words came back to me later in life i discover that it is not what you graduate with that matters but how hungry you are towards success like xfire would say achieving my dreams... So I was so hungry for success anyway my goal in life is to become a philanthropist... Started searching for job even before going for nysc... I will visit site like oilcareers and when I see the requirement they need for various role I was shocked,I began to list down the type of skills needed in these sectors from subsea engineering to other technical area....... To be continued

1 Like

Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by toluhere(m): 10:45am On Apr 18, 2015
wow
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by thankyouJesus(m): 10:58am On Apr 18, 2015
imag5:
uwc bro, can't wait to hear your experience.............
Due to your criteria, I'm not qualified yet to share, but I will share mine.
I am . . . . .(name withheld) student of . . . . . .(name withheld) studying Physics/Mathematics (NCE).
My story:
I graduated (secondary school) in the year 2009, admitted into Mechanical Engr at Laspotech in year 2010, due to circumstances beyond my control, I stoped schooling. Between 2010-2012, I was wallowing in self pity, I was disdained, depressed, discouraged, e.t.c as a result of my plight. I started exploring my environments for opportunities just to alleviate our condition (I can't stand/bear the situation), my mum (God bless you sweet mummy) was (still is) my source of motivation, she really tried her best catering for me and my younger brother.
Back to story (my mum is special, I can't end talking about her), I searched for where to work, learn any skill, just anything, until I encountered the "worst". The Badagry road expansion took where we live, my mum's shop got burnt, my mum developed an illness during the period. Devastated is an understatement, I was devastated, no family, no friend, no nothing except sleeping in church (more than 6 months) and taking care of my mum (hospital) and my brother. Most of the money she saved was spent on hospital bills, as God would have it, she was discharged (getting better) in 2012, another problem suffice, shelter and feeding. All thanks to God, we were able to secure a "space" for shop and where to lay our heads. I wrote JAMB again, I lost my Uni and Poly admission due to money, I settled for a College (on scholarship), I will be rounding up in few months, I know God will provide a way for my Uni Edu, Mum's shop/job, a place to call home, Bro' Edu.
My Motivation:
To change my Mum' condition.
Inspiration:
Her hope for a better future is strong, so, why should I give up?
I will never never give up, it is a fight to the end.
I don't want to end with a "sour taste in the mouth". Good side in college, notable includes:
1. On scholarship
2. Once Asst Fin Sec of NAMSN
3. Present Gen Sec of NAMSN
4. Present Soc Direc of NAPS.
5. Present Acad/Worker's Cord BSF.
6. Current GPA Physics (4.57), Math (4.5), Edu & Gen (4.02), cummulative (4.25-4.29).
Dream:
To be the first student to graduate . . . . . . . . . College of Education with distinction (4.5-5.0) (first class in Uni category), 4.27 is the highest record.
Future Plans:
Read the second comment (after the op) again.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 18, 2015
Nice Thread. The type I hope I get to see everyday.

Who wouldn't love to school here wink
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 18, 2015
Cont'd......
After joiting them down these was my area of interest.
1.Geology/Geoscience soft ware like petrel,
2.subsea engineering
3.Mechanical engineering eg like asset integrity, pipeline intergrity engineering, Christmas tree inspector etc
4.Petroleum engineering such as..
5.Safety engineering like HSE, Nebosh and co
6 . Lead auditing..... Iso etc
7 cad design but don't have with softwares like that
8.Enviromental management
9.offshore engineering
10.NDT,cswip, API,Rope access I choose just 3 areas to be continued...

Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 18, 2015
I have a lot of things to share myself. But as the saying goes, "be quick to listen and slow to talk"

I will let my Boss and Bosses take the lead while I sit here, take note, learn stuffs and drop my 2Cents as the spirit leads grin
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 18, 2015
taiwolusol:
I have a lot of things to share myself. But as the saying goes, "be quick to listen and slow to talk"

I will let my Boss and Bosses take the lead while I sit here, take note, learn stuffs and drop my 2Cents as the spirit leads grin
say something make we learn too... No time to hide feelings
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
Like people will always say Man propose but God dispose, after graduation I was left with the words of OYO on your own, my parent has done their path and it time for me to be useful to the society..... I miss first batch nysc list due to the laziness of one Admin officer, he forgot to take our names to Abuja after all the sleepless night by our hod and lecturer to make sure will meet first batch, left the list in his office... That's one of the issues we face in our today's University lack of competence personnel, That's by the way side took me another 4 month to be mobilse for nysc..... To be Continue....
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by iyisco2001(m): 12:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
make i carry seat sit down, wanna learn cool
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Ups01(m): 1:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
#Space booked#
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
Happy Sunday friends . seems am the only one taking I want to hear other people's experience .. Yes I was mobilise for nysc and i was posted to one of the south South state and in one village...it was fun anyway I told my self am not going to let this village limit me funny enough my principal was understand he said to us you can do your teaching but won't stop anyone to look for job because he knows what it takes to get a job in Nigeria... Hmmmm nice man anyway had relatives in the city so I go to the city weekends and I happen to join a church where the pastor was a consultant with addax.... That's how it all started my Journey to oil and gas world, my pastor today a mentor has a mud drilling school so he ask me to work part time for him,I got my first job through nairaland thanks to seun for these platform saw an advert.. KPMG looking for BISCS staffs to work in various locations in Nigeria, saw the post here on job vacancies decided to give it a try, was in a public bus when a beautiful voice call me Hello these is so and so from KPMG, she started asking me funny questions funny enough, who's is the governor of Central bank, I had a bad phone the ear piece was bad and also with the noise on the bus people inside were praying and singing, I was just shouting Hello Hello Hello, she ask again another funny questions I was just shouting Hello Hello in mind I was like I have miss these job chai I just cut the call feeling angry,mad at my phone and the people inside..... In two weeks time I was ask sent a mail to come to Lagos for training that I pass the phone interview I was amazed look at grace working got the job was posted to South South state to carry my assignment that was my first job... To be continued

Imag5.
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Ademat7(m): 11:43am On Apr 20, 2015
imag5:
Happy Sunday friends . seems am the only one taking I want to hear other people's experience .. Yes I was mobilise for nysc and i was posted to one of the south South state and in one village...it was fun anyway I told my self am not going to let this village limit me funny enough my principal was understand he said to us you can do your teaching but won't stop anyone to look for job because he knows what it takes to get a job in Nigeria... Hmmmm nice man anyway had relatives in the city so I go to the city weekends and I happen to join a church where the pastor was a consultant with addax.... That's how it all started my Journey to oil and gas world, my pastor today a mentor has a mud drilling school so he ask me to work part time for him,I got my first job through nairaland thanks to seun for these platform saw an advert.. KPMG looking for BISCS staffs to work in various locations in Nigeria, saw the post here on job vacancies decided to give it a try, was in a public bus when a beautiful voice call me Hello these is so and so from KPMG, she started asking me funny questions funny enough, who's is the governor of Central bank, I had a bad phone the ear piece was bad and also with the noise on the bus people inside were praying and singing, I was just shouting Hello Hello Hello, she ask again another funny questions I was just shouting Hello Hello in mind I was like I have miss these job chai I just cut the call feeling angry,mad at my phone and the people inside..... In two weeks time I was ask sent a mail to come to Lagos for training that I pass the phone interview I was amazed look at grace working got the job was posted to South South state to carry my assignment that was my first job... To be continued

Imag5.
you are never alone on this;people are just silent waiting for the best time to come in.
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
wow....am listening to these inspiring stories....RIDE ON....
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Nobody: 1:24pm On Aug 02, 2015
Haven't got a story, just yet, am hoping to have one to tell someday.
Graduated last year with a degree in petroleum engineering, by God's grace I came out with a good 2.1, besides that for now it's just a few random certifications in basic HSE grabbed during my service year and an undergraduate internship experience with one of the IOCs in the bag, feels very light tho it's something.

Just recently I started thinking of training and professional development as a way of breaking into the energy sector, even if it's not pure oil and gas, but I have to be sure, have a definite path target and link up to the industry, you know say man no get luxury of age and money. I also heard the panacea for all this is getting low level jobs and building experience, but the jobs are not forthcoming, not even the non paid ones.

Am really desirous of making a career path and keep to it as money isn't really my bane for now, I'd really appreciate all the help I can get.

Cc imag5 pls help out your Bro.
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by arkdiggs(m): 1:40pm On Nov 15, 2016
We need to revive this thread ...
Imag5

And others

We need this thread to be active....
Not for yourself but for others
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Ademat7(m): 2:25pm On Nov 15, 2016
arkdiggs:
We need to revive this thread ...
Imag5

And others

We need this thread to be active....
Not for yourself but for others
I'm in support, but a serious note Nairaland has lost his bright brains maybe due to tribalism (Afonja,ipob,et al),irrelevant topics gracing FP.
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by pete26(m): 9:29am On Nov 29, 2016
Please this thread has to come alive. There's a lot to be learn't here. I'm already following the op's story.

imag5 pls.....
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Ezegozie(m): 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2019
thankyouJesus:
Due to your criteria, I'm not qualified yet to share, but I will share mine.
I am . . . . .(name withheld) student of . . . . . .(name withheld) studying Physics/Mathematics (NCE).
My story:
I graduated (secondary school) in the year 2009, admitted into Mechanical Engr at Laspotech in year 2010, due to circumstances beyond my control, I stoped schooling. Between 2010-2012, I was wallowing in self pity, I was disdained, depressed, discouraged, e.t.c as a result of my plight. I started exploring my environments for opportunities just to alleviate our condition (I can't stand/bear the situation), my mum (God bless you sweet mummy) was (still is) my source of motivation, she really tried her best catering for me and my younger brother.
Back to story (my mum is special, I can't end talking about her), I searched for where to work, learn any skill, just anything, until I encountered the "worst". The Badagry road expansion took where we live, my mum's shop got burnt, my mum developed an illness during the period. Devastated is an understatement, I was devastated, no family, no friend, no nothing except sleeping in church (more than 6 months) and taking care of my mum (hospital) and my brother. Most of the money she saved was spent on hospital bills, as God would have it, she was discharged (getting better) in 2012, another problem suffice, shelter and feeding. All thanks to God, we were able to secure a "space" for shop and where to lay our heads. I wrote JAMB again, I lost my Uni and Poly admission due to money, I settled for a College (on scholarship), I will be rounding up in few months, I know God will provide a way for my Uni Edu, Mum's shop/job, a place to call home, Bro' Edu.
My Motivation:
To change my Mum' condition.
Inspiration:
Her hope for a better future is strong, so, why should I give up?
I will never never give up, it is a fight to the end.
I don't want to end with a "sour taste in the mouth". Good side in college, notable includes:
1. On scholarship
2. Once Asst Fin Sec of NAMSN
3. Present Gen Sec of NAMSN
4. Present Soc Direc of NAPS.
5. Present Acad/Worker's Cord BSF.
6. Current GPA Physics (4.57), Math (4.5), Edu & Gen (4.02), cummulative (4.25-4.29).
Dream:
To be the first student to graduate . . . . . . . . . College of Education with distinction (4.5-5.0) (first class in Uni category), 4.27 is the highest record.
Future Plans:
Read the second comment (after the op) again.

How far guy?
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by thankyouJesus(m): 12:46pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ezegozie:

How far guy?
I'm good thank you, you?
Re: The Future Is Now:skills, Higher Degree, Novice, Experience,success Stories by Ajibaba101(m): 9:57am On Apr 17, 2019
Don't be embarrassed by your failure...... see success stories of 20 successful people
https://explicitsuccess.com/failure-stories-of-successful-people/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top Negotiation Expert Refutes Online Scam Report / Is It Mandatory To Send Xmas/new Year Sms To Ur Boss? / See How Africa Is Portrayed On Linkedin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.