Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

App-cident and Emergency: Candy Crush Saga puts a man in Hospital - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / App-cident and Emergency: Candy Crush Saga puts a man in Hospital (589 Views)

Man In Lagos Constructs Amphibious Car That Cruises On Water & Land / Louise Jaiyeola Oduyoye Develops Neva, An Emergency Power Backup For Surgeons / See What A Man In Aba Made Using "I Pass My Neighbour Generator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

App-cident and Emergency: Candy Crush Saga puts a man in Hospital by emmanuel45(m): 10:54am On Apr 18, 2015
You'd hate to be this 29-year-old unnamed man from Virginia who has managed to receive an injury from playing Candy Crush too much.
A study published on the JAMA website has revealed how a man started to suffer from chronic pain in his left thumb after playing Candy Crush Saga everyday for 6 to 8 weeks.
It turned out the unnamed man had ruptured a tendon and needed surgery on the injury - there's no surprise he didn't want his name included in the report.
Accident and Emergen-sweet
Turns out the man wasn't even addicted to the game, the medical journal revealed he was just playing the game to pass time between jobs and hadn't even noticed the pain whilst playing.
Dr Andrew Doan, a co-author of the study, said "We need to be aware that certain video games can act like digital painkillers. We have to be very cognizant that that can be abused."

Conclusions and Relevance: The potential for video games to reduce pain perception raises clinical and social considerations about excessive use, abuse, and addiction.

Re: App-cident and Emergency: Candy Crush Saga puts a man in Hospital by akinmusi(m): 11:15am On Apr 18, 2015
I was here!

Re: App-cident and Emergency: Candy Crush Saga puts a man in Hospital by Mprex(f): 11:28am On Apr 18, 2015
i dunno whats it with this game. it doeant freak me at all sad

(1) (Reply)

Skype Account Creation Failure / Google Park Well! Duckduckgo Is Here / Bayelsa Governor, Dickson, Forges Nigeria’s End User Certificate In Order To Pro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.