Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,023 members, 7,953,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:10 AM

Scholes Should Stop His Negative Criticism Of Van Gaal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Scholes Should Stop His Negative Criticism Of Van Gaal (476 Views)

5 Reasons Nigerians Should Stop Watching The English Premier League / Manchester United Sacks Louis Van Gaal ? / Van Hanegem's Criticism Of Van Gaal Is Unfair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scholes Should Stop His Negative Criticism Of Van Gaal by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
[b]Paul Scholes, Manchester United former midfielder feels Angel Di Maria's suspension and absence, helped Van Gaal pick his best team at Old Trafford. Di Maria arrived Old Trafford with the pressure of being the league's most expensive player and he did not disappoint with an early string of impressive performances.

However, Di Maria's season suffered a set back due to injuries and a burglary to his house might have had a negative impact on the skillful forward of Manchester United.

Last month, Di Maria received a red card in Manchester United's FA Cup loss to Arsenal and Di Maria lost his place in the squad due to the suspension. Manchester United went on to win their last four games after the match and Paul Scholes believes Di Maria's absence was key in the turn around of the fortunes of the Van Gaal led side. Manchester United is in a firm contention for the top-three position of the English Premier League.

Scholes wrote for the London Evening Standard: "I have been critical of my old club Manchester United under Louis Van Gaal this season and I have to say that I did not see this change in fortune coming. 

"To the extent that when they go to Chelsea on Saturday, I think they have a good chance of winning the game.

"When I look back on the key changes, I still feel that Angel di Maria's red card against Arsenal was critical in allowing Van Gaal to build this new-look team. 

"When I look at the side it seems to me to be a triumph of the underdog - Juan Mata, Marouane Fellaini, Ashley Young. All of whom looked like they could be out the picture at the start of the season and are now having a big impact."

When Manchester United's fortune turned around, I wonder what went through Paul Scholes' head. Paul Scholes was an open critic of Louis Van Gaal's method at Old Trafford.

Van Gaal is a top professional and with time, he was sorting out the team. If Scholes was supportive of Van Gaal, he would have noticed the steady improvement of Manchester United.

Di Maria had a nice start at Old Trafford before his injuries. So, Scholes can not make it look as if Di Maria's suspension helped Van Gaal. It was Van Gaal's brilliance and trust in his system that turned the fortunes of Manchester United around.

I think the players of Manchester United and the coaching crew of Van Gaal deserve credit because they trusted the system of the coach and stuck to him during tough times.

Scholes should stop being a negative critic and support Van Gaal even when things are not going well. No coach has a magic wand to turn the fortunes of a team overnight. It takes time and dedication to make this happen.

Di Maria's suspension is not the reason because Van Gaal made some changes that have helped the team. For instance, Van Gaal's reliance and belief in Fellaini and Ashely Young despite negative reviews from critics.

http://footymail..com/2015/04/scholes-should-stop-his-negative.html[/b]
Re: Scholes Should Stop His Negative Criticism Of Van Gaal by Henrypraise41(m): 5:22pm On Apr 18, 2015
Instead of him to find one team outside England to be managing and geting pay, he's still around critisizing and condemning another persons efforts as if its so easy, nawao

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea / Bet9ja Users, Pls I Need Ur Help / Coupe de France Final : P-S-G Vs Saint-Etiene 1 -0 (Full Time)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.