Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,523 members, 7,847,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 12:02 PM

Who Was The Wife Of Cain? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Was The Wife Of Cain? (1839 Views)

Florida Pastor Caught In Bed With The Wife Of A Church Member (Photo) / Who Did Cain In The Bible Marry? / The Bamiloye Celebrate 27 Years Of Marriage With A Throw Back Pix Of The Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
I see from the scripture particularly the book of Genesis 4:17 that Cain was the father of Enoch. But my question is "who did Cain marry?
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
Cain's wife was a daughter or granddaughter of Adam and Eve. - Genesis 4:17
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
If she was Adam's granddaughter, who was her father and mother?
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by johnydon22(m): 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
kunletiwoo:
Cain's wife was a daughter or granddaughter of Adam and Eve. - Genesis 4:17
Genesis 4:17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave
birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after
his son Enoch.

where did you see daughter or grand daughter of adam... or you are just assuming?
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
This question has generated a lot of controversies among theologians
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Jaraworldsms(m): 1:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
To build a city need people.Where did they come from? I think the scripture is incomplete
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by johnydon22(m): 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2015

Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
johnydon22:

Genesis 4:17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave
birth to Enoch. Cain was then building a city, and he named it after
his son Enoch.

where did you see daughter or grand daughter of adam... or you are just assuming?

Facts may be extracted from assumptions. The fact that Cain was frightened for his own life after he killed Abel indicates that there were likely many other children and perhaps even grandchildren of Adam and Eve already living at that time.
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by johnydon22(m): 1:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
kunletiwoo:

Facts may be extracted from assumptions. The fact that Cain was frightened for his own life after he killed Abel indicates that there were likely many other children and perhaps even grandchildren of Adam and Eve already living at that time.

And oh the bible forgot to mention it... This is what you get when people try so hard to reconcile mythology as truth... Cain and abel were not even in the adam and eve story originally it was borrowed from the kenite people
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Scholar8200(m): 8:38am On Apr 20, 2015
johnydon22:

And oh the bible forgot to mention it... This is what you get when people try so hard to reconcile mythology as truth... Cain and abel were not even in the adam and eve story originally it was borrowed from the kenite people

The kenites were Cain's descendants but it is reasonable that their genealogy was common knowledge at that time, the whole earth was of one language( and had not dispersed)... before GOD scattered them Genesis 11:1,8.

Adam and Eve had other offsprings apart from Cain and Abel just as Metuselah, Enoch etc had other kids and not just the one mentioned in genealogical reckoning( which , in the OT ,never includes names of daughters). The focus on Seth is because right from the beginning God was working towards fulfilling the promise made in Genesis 3:15. just as Abraham had other kids too but the focus was on Isaac.Genesis 25:1-5.

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by johnydon22(m): 8:46am On Apr 20, 2015
Scholar8200:

The kenites were Cain's descendants but it is reasonable that their genealogy was common knowledge at that time, the whole earth was of one language( and had not dispersed)... before GOD scattered them Genesis 11:1,8.

Adam and Eve had other offsprings apart from Cain and Abel just as Metuselah, Enoch etc had other kids and not just the one mentioned in genealogical reckoning( which , in the OT ,never includes names of daughters). The focus on Seth is because right from the beginning God was working towards fulfilling the promise made in Genesis 3:15. just as Abraham had other kids too but the focus was on Isaac.Genesis 25:1-5.

I am saying that cain and abel were not originally added to the adam and eve mythology....
Cain and abel are kenite mythology borrowed by the Jewish scribe that wrote the adam and eve fable, and fictiously made cain and abel their children.

let me show you a snap shot of the New Community Bible (Catholic edition) explanation.

Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Nobody: 8:52am On Apr 20, 2015
Cy4praise:
I see from the scripture particularly the book of Genesis 4:17 that Cain was the father of Enoch. But my question is "who did Cain marry?
who was the wife of Seth and Methuselah?
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 20, 2015
Interesting!!! I'm following o... cheesy
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Scholar8200(m): 9:13am On Apr 20, 2015
johnydon22:

I am saying that cain and abel were not originally added to the adam and eve mythology....
Cain and abel are kenite mythology borrowed by the Jewish scribe that wrote the adam and eve fable, and fictiously made cain and abel their children.

let me show you a snap shot of the New Community Bible (Catholic edition) explanation.
Those are footnotes, man's recent additions. It is no news that these footnotes are usually added( especially when the Version is originating from a sect/group) to reflect the beliefs of that group. If they claim that they ,"fictitiously' made Cain and Abel there children, I ask who then were their real parents? Bare in mind that this predated the great dispersion Genesis 11:9 hence there were no different tribes and all the people groups will trace their descent from their father; Kenites Adam- cain, Israelites: Adam-Seth etc to identify themselves.

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by johnydon22(m): 9:19am On Apr 20, 2015
Scholar8200:
Those are footnotes, man's recent additions. It is no news that these footnotes are usually added( especially when the Version is originating from a sect/group) to reflect the beliefs of that group. If they claim that they ,"fictitiously' made Cain and Abel there children, I ask who then were their real parents? Bare in mind that this predated the great dispersion Genesis 11:9 hence there were no different tribes and all the people groups will trace their descent from their father; Kenites Adam- cain, Israelites: Adam-Seth etc to identify themselves.
It is Just myth, didn't you read if well? Adam and eve is just Jewish myth
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by johnydon22(m): 9:41am On Apr 20, 2015
-

1 Like

Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 20, 2015
shyna01:

who was the wife of Seth and Methuselah?

People had multiplied by then
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
Cy4praise:

People had multiplied by then
Seth was Adam's son.
who did Seth marry? who where the people that multiplied?
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Scholar8200(m): 5:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
shyna01:

Seth was Adam's son.
who did Seth marry? who where the people that multiplied?
Adam and Eve had other offsprings apart from Cain and Abel just as Metuselah, Enoch etc had other kids and not just the one mentioned in genealogical reckoning( which , in the OT ,never includes names of daughters). The focus on Seth is because right from the beginning God was working towards fulfilling the promise made in Genesis 3:15. just as Abraham had other kids too but the focus was on Isaac.Genesis 25:1-5.etc Just as Hannah had other kids apart from samuel whose names were not mentioned.
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 20, 2015
Scholar8200:
Adam and Eve had other offsprings apart from Cain and Abel just as Metuselah, Enoch etc had other kids and not just the one mentioned in genealogical reckoning( which , in the OT ,never includes names of daughters). The focus on Seth is because right from the beginning God was working towards fulfilling the promise made in Genesis 3:15. just as Abraham had other kids too but the focus was on Isaac.Genesis 25:1-5.etc Just as Hannah had other kids apart from samuel whose names were not mentioned.
I know all these, was asking the op to know what really pushed him/her to open this thread
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Scholar8200(m): 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
shyna01:

I know all these, was asking the op to know what really pushed him/her to open this thread
Okay, sorry for the assumption.
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
shyna01:

it's a controversial topic among theologians
Re: Who Was The Wife Of Cain? by nlPoster: 11:35am On Jan 25, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Must We All Speak In Tongues? 1 Corinthians 14 Vs 2 To 5 / Jose Mourinho Visit Synagogue For Deliverance / Mohammeds First Vision: What Honest Muslims Don't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.