Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,857 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? (725 Views)

Lovely Picture Of Sisters In Bridal Train For Their Sibling's Wedding / Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by Medley(m): 2:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
what got me wondering was because of a lady friend(21 years) that just fixed a date for her wedding,but she said her elder sisters(she is the third lady) are not happy that she is getting married. Their reason was that she is disrespecting them,because she is younger and that she is still in the university.

Is this a culture? Do people imbibe in delaying in marriage as a way of respecting their elder sibling(s)?

As a woman or a man, Would you delay/cancel your wedding because your elder sibling(s) is still unmarried?
Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by Pineapp: 2:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
No.
Not for any reason as such..
What if her turn keeps delaying?
Everybody to him own

Life is too short for people to be calling me aunty at the age of 35

3 Likes

Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by Dyt(f): 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
Well
Some do it
Culture
Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by dulux07(m): 2:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
Whether blood siblings or not, we all have our diff destinies n lifes to live. If she dies today, r elder sisters or parents wont die with her jst because, normally they r meant to die bfor her. Its not disrespect, they r jst jealous. She should go on with her wedding, this might b her best opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by AndreRose(f): 2:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
The younger one who got married might open 'door' for the elder siblings.
Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by kayClt(f): 3:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
dis life is per head, who knows hw long d elder sis will take b4 getting married
Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by kayClt(f): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
dis life is per head, who knows hw long d elder sis will take b4 getting married. she should go ahead wit her marriage biko
Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by 1one: 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
The same Jesus that died for me also died for my Elder sibling... As the poster above me said, this life na per head, per head(it's sweeter when it's said twice grin).

We don't even bare the same name, or have the same genotype or even the same blood group, so he's on his own o. When wife come... I marry... I go... Fium!
Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by Medley(m): 4:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
Dyt:
Well
Some do it
Culture

I think people don't ever want to associate themselve with cultural leanings in this our 21st century. Cultures still invoke as this will probably end-up denying all the siblings marriage when the elders is unlucky

1 Like

Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by Skillfullulu(m): 5:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
For what reason would I do that, me elders gat their lives to live, diff from mine.
Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by mytime24(f): 5:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
Let mi ask google
Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by Moana(f): 6:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
no i wouldnt. if i find a husband first make i enjoy in peace o
Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by Dheartless: 7:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
will he/she provide a wife for me if my fiancé leaves because of the delay?

even if he/ she will provide

my answer will still be NO
Re: Would You Delay Your Wedding If Your Elder Sibling(s) Is Still Unmarried? by buoye1(m): 7:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
No I ll not

(1) (Reply)

The School Called Marriage..(come In And Be Motivated)! / 9 Reasons To Stop Getting Hurt And Disappointed With People / A Light In Our Deepest Fear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.