Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing (785 Views)

‘Mercedes Church Or Uka Achi’ Anambra: Church Where Wives, Husbands Are Swapped / She Refuses To Change Her Church For A Second Time / What Is The Difference Praying For Your Enemy To Die In Church Or Shrine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
I met this young Lady some years ago, fell in love with her and finally proposed last year. I decided to make neccesary findings so as to get the whole deal through, but hit a serious brick wall. She said that the tradition in her church and family is that the man does the wedding in her church or nothing ...her mother isn't helping issues. My dad is a Bishop in a church that doesn't believe in white wedding talk less of going to another church to do it. I had a chitchat with him and he declared to me in confidence that I am the man and I should be the shot caller. The downside is that if I dare try it, my dad will be excommunicated. Having seen the danger that lies ahead I confided in my father that we can take the so call white wedding to a neutral place outside the walls of her church so not to give my church the reason to lynch my dad. I disscued this with her but she and most esp her mom aren't giving my proposal a thought. First her mother has nothing to loose been that the proximity will be such that her friends and colleague will still turn in their numbers..since her reasons in the first place was because she wanted a good attendance esp from people within her church circle and that she has been attending peoples wedding and they all are waiting for her daughters and that I can't afford to dash her own chance of inviting people.I find this very selfish....considering the fact that she hasn't given thought about my faith and what will happen to my dad...hence my proposal for a neutral place. I am very confused as I write and really want some good advise here.....
Pls I beg you, it a thing of the heart...
Kindly ignore if you don't have any reasonable contribution
Tnx
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
koife:
I met this young Lady some years ago, fell in love with her and finally proposed last year. I decided to make neccesary findings so as to get the whole deal through, but hit a serious brick wall. She said that the tradition in her church and family is that the man does the wedding in her church or nothing ...her mother isn't helping issues. My dad is a Bishop in a church that doesn't believe in white wedding talk less of going to another church to do it. I had a chitchat with him and he declared to me in confidence that I am the man and I should be the shot caller. The downside is that if I dare try it, my dad will be excommunicated. Having seen the danger that lies ahead I confided in my father that we can take the so call white wedding to a neutral place outside the walls of her church so not to give my church the reason to lynch my dad. I disscued this with her but she and most esp her mom aren't giving my proposal a thought. First her mother has nothing to loose been that the proximity will be such that her friends and colleague will still turn in their numbers..since her reasons in the first place was because she wanted a good attendance esp from people within her church circle and that she has been attending peoples wedding and they all are waiting for her daughters and that I can't afford to dash her own chance of inviting people.I find this very selfish....considering the fact that she hasn't given thought about my faith and what will happen to my dad...hence my proposal for a neutral place. I am very confused as I write and really want some good advise here.....
Pls I beg you, it a thing of the heart...
Kindly ignore if you don't have any reasonable contribution
Tnx
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Nobody: 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
White weddings are done in the lady's church, that's the tradition
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
Justosaus:
White weddings are done in the lady's church, that's the tradition
Hmmm, does it make right, can u substantiate with the scritures
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Vision4God: 6:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
Koife, I think u shud do it in ur gal's church since its der tradition.
Moreover, ur dad's church aint gonna b livin wt u so y shud de impose such unnecessary rule. Afterall its not ur dad gettin married its u his son.
For a r/ship to work, sacrifices has to b made/paid.
Its ur future!!!!!!!!!
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 6:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
Vision4God:
Koife, I think u shud do it in ur gal's church since its der tradition.
Moreover, ur dad's church aint gonna b livin wt u so y shud de impose such unnecessary rule. Afterall its not ur dad gettin married its u his son.
For a r/ship to work, sacrifices has to b made/paid.
Its ur future!!!!!!!!!
Will give that a thought
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Pavore9: 6:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
You are the one getting married, not your dad nor his church members. On a curious note, this is my first time hearing of a church that does not believe in white wedding
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by koife(m): 6:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
Pavore9:
You are the one getting married, not your dad nor his church members. On a curious note, this is my first time hearing of a church that does not believe in white wedding
Coz its not biblical
Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by lomprico(m): 6:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
Who is paying d bride price? You or her?

1 Like

Re: She Said White Wedding In Her Church Or Nothing by Pavore9: 6:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
koife:

Coz its not biblical

l have always regarded faith as a personal journey, everyone chooses his/her path.

With what is on ground where the lady and her family are not yielding, does it not show you are not compatible faith-wise?

Does she know the adjustments she has to make regarding faith when she gets married to you?

Though one can find love anywhere but your Dad's position and also your belief suggests you should be looking for a life partner within your fold to avoid such clash of belief.

(1) (Reply)

By Which Authority Do You Call D Bible D Word Of God Or D Quran D Word Of Allah? / Religious Parents Beat Son To Death In Church For Not Confessing His Sins / Who Has Read Wonderer In The Spirit Land By Franchezzo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.