Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days (41401 Views)

Some Good Old Meme Nostalgic Images / Good Old Days / The Good Old Days(throwback Pictures) . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by eniolorunopa1: 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
I remember the tree top drink soo well, but that jet cream is still available.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
[size=15pt]Nigerian's pls help a student,who is in trouble.
I have been seeking help,for over one month now and it is not yet coming.
all the people that called,just disappointment.
Am sorry for bringing this kind of issue here,but I have no option than to seek help.anywere.I can get..
I don't want to go into my personal details.
that would be for anyone who ask of it but I just want to say a little about my ordeal..
I am a student of NOUN university,studyin B.s.c criminology and security studies,who has been doing well.
I am responsible for my school fees,right from primary school,cos my dad didn't see any need,giving us eduction,but deep inside me.I refused to subcribe to his ideology and I wanted the best for my family,cos our condition was terrible,"financially".
My mom had to take care of our education.7 of us.
has the first.I couldn't stand the sight of seeing her go through all does suffering.
Just to give us eduction,so I left home and started hustlin from primary 5 and I took care of my school fees right from then till I graduated from secondary,now am in the university and was doing well,until I invested all I had in an importation business which leta turned out to be a scam,now am down to zero.
My school fees has elapsed, for a long time now.
I don't even attend lectures and can not write exams,which ironically means,that I will have to withdraw from school.
I would have gone for student loan,but I have tried to secure a student loan before,when I got scholarship to study outside and needed money for my papers,but it was frustrating cos I have no one to stand for me.

The amount in question is,N52,000 and am ready to work for it,if necessary.
I am not saying you should dash me the money,a loan will be well appreciated and am ready to use all my school,birth,state of origin cartificate's, infact all my earthly possesion as a collactorall for the loan
Pls nigerian's. I know so many people bring fake story about such matters online,so am ready to corporate with anybody who can help verify this story.I live in abuja.

[size=15pt]please,I want to appeal to those,who called,and at the end keep posting me.
after calling and showing interest in helping,I stopped posting this article online.
what I get at the end is posting,..you are not doing any good to my situation.instead,u are worsinin it,the time I would have use to get help,is wat you are wasting. by making me to stop posting this online..
I did my best to corperate and even sent my school registration NO and study centre for
comfirmation..
I am not saying,they should dash me this money.I can work for it,just that am not fit right now to raise the the money and exam,is around the corner..
[/size]
[size=15pt]
I WILL BE VERY GREATFUL,IF ANY ONE CAN ASSIST ME WITH A LOAN INSTEAD

SOM1 QUOTED ME,QUESTIONIN THE CREDIBILITY OF THIS STORY.
IF YOU HAvE UR RESERVATIONS CONCERNIN THE CREDIBILITY OF THiS STORY.
YOU CAN MEET UP WITH ME,SO WE COULD GO,TO MY STUDY CENTRE TOGEDA FOR COMFIRMATION OR AT MY SCHOOL HEAD OFFICE,AT WUSE,HERE IN ABUJA
[/size]

[size=17pt]NOTE:pls if you can't assist with a loan and want to render direct financial assistance.you don't have to pay directly to me.
I will appreciate it more,if you pay directly into my school account.
Which you can google urself to comfirm
[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Realtol(m): 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
As someone had rightly said above, Nigeria will be great again... she will rise and ride as a queen which she is truly is... she will take up her great place among the comity of nations.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
this peller couples ........ojuju at work
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Donmichaelz(m): 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
the only thing Good about d good old days was that I wasn't the one paying the BILLS,,,,, to my children today would be "good old days" 20 years from now
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
smemud:
PACESETTER………. I STILL GOT TO READ
THEM IN THE 90S
the Betrayer, the Hopeful Lovers, the Smugglers and the Director great books. I remember reading them when i was in primary 4, dt was round 1994. Op you just stirred some sweet memories. Nyc work.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by bebe2(f): 2:52pm On Apr 20, 2015
jadakiss213:
lmaooo..Nor be lie walahi..people just dey born like rat since then..But seriously,a lower population would have helped a great deal..

Abi?

It's jus too much.

They can never sustain such growth. It's ridiculous.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Bdemmy(m): 2:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
Nice!
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by ITbomb(m): 2:54pm On Apr 20, 2015
Chai Sisi
I still remember the shy stammering girl who was hated by her family but fell in love with some dude.
It inspired me then to try some next door tinz
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by haykay33: 2:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
you dont know how happy i am see these novels....thanks so much.

smemud:
THEM IN THE 90S
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 20, 2015
did Telsim Balogun really kill a goalkeeper with his thunder shot? i use to hear of that story when i was a kid.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Ishilove: 2:58pm On Apr 20, 2015
jadakiss213:
Dude was assasinated August 2nd 1997,Was said to have gone into 'local' 419!.guess one of his victims sent the bad guys after him.He shares the same 'deathday' with Olufela Kuti and one notorious Ibadan thug..Don't know why Peller's magic cldnt save him that fateful day.smh.
Wow... Local 419? What's that?
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Nobody: 2:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
smemud:
PLANTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Remember the Planta days...Remember ow we couldn't just do without planta on bread... cheesy. I guess that planta advert always did the magic. We watched the advert on our black and white TV back down in the early 90s...the advert was lyk Mummy loves us...sumting, sumting...gives us Planta grin...When some memories are stirred in you, they just bring back some sweet happy moments, so sad that Nigeria has lost a lot of its rich history, and for the very recent generation many don't even have an idea of how lovely and interesting life was in the early 90s without the computers, the mobile phones etc.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Nobody: 3:00pm On Apr 20, 2015
Redman44:
Nice thread. Please let's add our own pictures of buildings, products or people that bring us memories of when we were growing up. I have the pictures pf JET Cream and Stella Pomade. Did you use these two body enhancement products? Stella Pomade had a nice aroma cool cool cool. Lovely body cream. JET was good too and I used it in secondary school. What do you think?
We used Stella Pomade Back then...very nyc aroma cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by smemud(m): 3:03pm On Apr 20, 2015
teeowl:
did Telsim Balogun really kill a goalkeeper with his thunder shot? i use to hear of that story when i was a kid.
na OYO u dey ooooo
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by kindnyce(m): 3:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
AND THESE ARE REMINISCENT OF THE GOOD OLD DAYS WE NEED OUR AMIABLE GENERAL,GMBTO TAKE US TO

DAYS WHERE THERE WAS DISCIPLINE AND MUTUAL RESPECT AMONG NIGERIANS

DAYS WHERE THE NAIRA WAS GREATER THAN THE DOLLARS

DAYS WE DO NOT NEED TO KEEP VIGIL TO BUY FUEL

DAYS WERE CORRUPTION ARE INDEED STEALING

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by moscobabs(m): 3:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
Ishilove:

What killed him?
What killed his wife
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by januzaj(m): 3:10pm On Apr 20, 2015
moscobabs:

What killed his wife
His wife dey kampe....nothing do her

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by deletrue: 3:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
smemud:
KINGSWAY SUPERSTORE. BROAD STREET,
LAGOS
May God bless you for this few old pictures. You have made my day. The sweet hey days.
Please try and bring more. Am waiting. Thanks
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by kekeolu(f): 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
smemud:
THEM IN THE 90S

i read virtually all the seried.Good old days when as a student you could afford to buy novels.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Redman44(m): 3:17pm On Apr 20, 2015
Hugh Quarshie of the Thermocool Refridgerator and Freezer advert. Very lovely advert and Hugh Quarshie was very eloquent and handsome. He is from Ghana but now has British Citizenship and lives in Britain.

Hugh Quashie- 'Check out the T-300, a Fridge-Freezer never looks so good!!'

Hugh Quarshie- 'The Thermocool Collection. Thermocool makes things better, Makes Better Things'.

Hugh Quarshie has featured in many movies including James Bond 007'S 'Doctor No' and some episodes of 'Doctor Who'. Cheers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
jadakiss213:
Dude was assasinated August 2nd 1997,Was said to have gone into 'local' 419!.guess one of his victims sent the bad guys after him.He shares the same 'deathday' with Olufela Kuti and one notorious Ibadan thug..Don't know why Peller's magic cldnt save him that fateful day.smh.
he wasn't with his staff(like power wand) he was killed when he went to pray
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Btruth: 3:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
smemud:
THEM IN THE 90S

Where can I get them to buy please? How I miss them,....and one Tunde Smart too.

cry
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by sweatholder(m): 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
Hmmmm are these things really goood sef aba.

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 20, 2015
jadakiss213:
he wasn't with his staff(like power wand) he was killed when he went to pray

CLICK LIKE IF YOU WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT PROFESSOR PELLER
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by deletrue: 3:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
smemud:
Obasanjo In Aba During The WAR
One of the most worthless Nigerians. Many are regreting having this man in our midst.
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by namo(m): 3:25pm On Apr 20, 2015
smemud:
THEM IN THE 90S

wowww.. pacesetters. cheesy see memories. btw is there an ebook version for them?
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by richard870(m): 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
smemud:
PLANTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I so love this butter back then
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by illiad: 3:34pm On Apr 20, 2015
Redman44:
Nice thread. Please let's add our own pictures of buildings, products or people that bring us memories of when we were growing up. I have the pictures pf JET Cream and Stella Pomade. Did you use these two body enhancement products? Stella Pomade had a nice aroma cool cool cool. Lovely body cream. JET was good too and I used it in secondary school. What do you think?

Lol
Those kerosene creams. I used Jet in primary school then. All your body would be shining like roasted chicken after rubbing them.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by litetias(m): 3:35pm On Apr 20, 2015
My dad bought a lot of those pacesetters so we still have a lot of them in our library. Great authors. #Bringbackoldnigeria
Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
blessingee:

Your own lack content jhor grin grin grin

Just some pictures of u and ur siblings on some bottles and cans...If mod put am for fp sef, Oba of Lagos go complain

Puhahahahaha! Haters still gon hate! grin grin grin #Dancing shokii on westlife songs

Re: Pictures Of Nigeria's Good Old Days by Redman44(m): 3:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
illiad:

Lol
Those kerosene creams. I used Jet in primary school then. All your body would be shining like roasted chicken after rubbing them.

You are funny cheesy cheesy cheesy. But I still think JET and Stella Pomade were not that bad, you know. At least they were good for protection against harmattan and dust back then. And they were very affordable unlike some creams we have today. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Igbo Language And Its Downward Trend / Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" / Wife Of Olu Of Warri, Olori Atuwatshe 111 Shines On Cover Of VGlamour Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.