Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,680 members, 7,823,921 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Should I Contest For MBGN 2015 Or Not - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Contest For MBGN 2015 Or Not (2257 Views)

My Experience As An MBGN Contestant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Contest For MBGN 2015 Or Not by Nobody: 11:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
Good day naira landers, I am currently in a fix if I should contest for this year's MBGN because I have been hearing that it's is not free and fair. I have actually been combating whether I should go or not for the past 3 years and haven't still made up my mind because of the fact that people often complain that they are shady.

I am fully aware of the fact that we are to provide our own costumes and do not have a problem with that asides the 5000 naira we are to pay. What is baffling me right now is the fact that (AS A PENNY PINCHER AND EXTREME CHEAPSKATE) it would make me nuts if the winner is already fixed after paying for this pageant and spending money to get costumes and all because I am a business woman and don't tolerate waste.

I know MBGN is not by force but I have had a program I wanted to start which I am not going to mention here (before another contestant steals my idea) and I think MBGN is a great platform for this. This is my sole reason to contest but I am not hell bent on contesting if I find out they are shady(I don't want my 5k to be part of the winner's 1million naira). I would mostly appreciate reasonably comments from people who know about pagents and ex contestants. Thank you.
Re: Should I Contest For MBGN 2015 Or Not by Edwardhead(m): 11:38pm On Apr 20, 2015
I thought I'll see pictures

1 Like

Re: Should I Contest For MBGN 2015 Or Not by Nobody: 11:49pm On Apr 20, 2015
One could probably argue the winners are fixed. It's easier, cheaper and more lucrative for the organizers I'd they take that approach. But who knows?
Re: Should I Contest For MBGN 2015 Or Not by merzybenedict(m): 12:25am On Apr 21, 2015
Follow your passion and dream. If U can imagine urself being crowned, U can surely be crowned. Go get what you want. Besides, even if U weren't crowned, U'll have enough idea to start up with your planned project. Hope this helped... Gonna see U at the podium with the crown.

1 Like

Re: Should I Contest For MBGN 2015 Or Not by obiaguna(m): 10:42pm On Apr 21, 2015
Well you should go with a positive mindset and pls don't place too much emphasis on the cash you are going to spend cos ur subconsciously placing a mental limitation on your dreams if you keep thinking abt it.
Go with a clear and positive mind and also pray that everything goes well. At least if mbgn doesn't click, it may expose you to top recruiters for miss tourism, universe or even tv commercials and other stuffs like that.
cheers!

1 Like

Re: Should I Contest For MBGN 2015 Or Not by Caracta(f): 7:25am On Apr 22, 2015
I think you should contest. See, one thing about events like this or competition is the chain of network you could gain from it. Even if the competition doesn't favour you, you get to meet people, share ideas, rub minds together and from there, probably get connected to someone that would help push your ideas/project forward.

You learn. You gain exposure. You lose nothing even if you don't get the crown.

Give it a shot. Have an open mind. Let your focus be on your ideas not the competition. Let them feel your passion. Sometimes, we need to step out irrespective of the rate of corruption and crown-prostitution out there.

All the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Contest For MBGN 2015 Or Not by bellong: 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
The taste of the pudding is in the eating.

The only way to prove or disprove the negative assertions is by contesting.

So, pick a form and come back after the event to confirm or refute the rumours of favouritism and misconducts associated with the beauty pageant.

We are waiting for your news and first hand field report.

Goodluck in your quest.

1 Like

Re: Should I Contest For MBGN 2015 Or Not by UjSizzle(f): 2:00pm On Apr 22, 2015
Based on your assertions, your desire to contest is purely a means to an end. Focus on that. Have fun while at it. Then come back with feedback and pictures wink

Re: Should I Contest For MBGN 2015 Or Not by mployer(m): 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
UjSizzle:
Based on your assertions, your desire to contest is purely a means to an end. Focus on that. Have fun while at it. Then come back with feedback and pictures wink

Nice one.

Sweet dreams dear kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need Personal Or Company Drivers / Chevron Skill Test And Oral Interview Tips / Avon Representatives...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.