Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:27 PM

Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses (71602 Views)

Naira To Reverse Losses This Week, Banks To Process FX Transactions Within 24hrs / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" / Xenophobia: Mtn's Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vicobosi: 7:19am On Apr 21, 2015
semoly:
shoroniyen

Stop talking nonsense...so all the Nigerians over there are criminals? Oh please...let's stop condemning our own...nor b we bad pass. The lives that have been lost in that country over senselessness...it's just crazy
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by idsamoo(m): 7:21am On Apr 21, 2015
What stup.-d slavery jobs are they threatening about,all those their yeye contract slavery jobs..mcheeeeeewww
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by chuka5000(m): 7:21am On Apr 21, 2015
koligs:

How I wish there was a delete button for my post.. sorry for the comment

Cool
Sorry I came bitterly on u too.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by dustydee: 7:22am On Apr 21, 2015
No sir, if you close shop, there are several others waiting to fill the vacuum.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vicobosi: 7:24am On Apr 21, 2015
This is a threat to Nigeria and they have to be sanctioned...
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Toofan007: 7:25am On Apr 21, 2015
eaglechild:

He did criticize their actions.

He was only trying to make a case for his company but I guess it struck the wrong chord in some people.

If you view it without bias he said nothing wrong.
could you break it down for me, where he criticize them actions? read it twice, couldn't wrap my brain round it. damn, even the title says, Mtn WARNS NIGERIA!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by braine(m): 7:27am On Apr 21, 2015
ttmacoy:
Nationalise the company and withing 5 years it becomes another Nitel or is it Mtel?

Besides do you know how that would impact foreign investment which is essential for the Nigerian economy? That you nationalise MTN to avenge the actions of some uneducated riff raffs from the south African projects.

You really think these people carrying out these attacks care about MTN or even work there or own shares? No they don't.

That is like saying some agbero's from lagos attack Ghanaians and the Ghanaian government close down GTB office in Ghana.

Lol! You have a point.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Abee79(m): 7:27am On Apr 21, 2015
Classic Blackmail!!!!
* MTN wise sha . . .
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Paulgotti: 7:28am On Apr 21, 2015
Very biased and irresponsible reporting seeking to excite readers into a response which would not help anyone but only to vent by the uninformed people seeking information.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Omadachi(m): 7:30am On Apr 21, 2015
See threat oh.South Africa threatening us with job loss in our own country.They think we will be foolish enough to destroy MTN.We will hijack the company from them and send them parking shekina.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by tellwisdom: 7:31am On Apr 21, 2015
Eyepencil:
That lady you are drolling over happens to be my sister. Hope u don't want to be used for rituals?

E be like sey craze dey yua head abi? angry
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by YomaA(m): 7:32am On Apr 21, 2015
kenobi007:

What are u even talkn about, and if they eventually close down the company, who looses more?? Who will be thrown to the streets without job and what about the recharge card vendors,retailers,distributors and many more affiliated to mtn that makes up d 500,000. The mtn executive is right. This is not the best way out. We will only be using our hands to dig our graves.
There is something called sacrifice, shut d company down till something is done about bringing back our citizens or ending the attacks.na pipo like una mk boko haram dey get leg.we have to tk drastic measures to save lives, if ur brother was stuck in kwazulu natal, will u be saying that? We shud even be taking protest across the streets here, create awareness like the chibok girls.these are our brothers, whether naija or lesothos or zimbabweans.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Eyepencil: 7:33am On Apr 21, 2015
tellwisdom:

E be like sey craze dey yua head abi? angry
Don't say i din't warn you
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by abu12: 7:33am On Apr 21, 2015
[size=15pt]SA are creating jobs for nigerians through big investment but nigerians are going to SA to do menial jobs, which SA are supposed to do. Ojukwu people are there to even sell pure water, wash cars, sell drugs and they claim to be investor. SA shld chase any nigerian who is not employing it citizen or contributing meaningful out of their country, likewise in nigeria shld do same. They are parasite nonsense. [/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nelton(m): 7:34am On Apr 21, 2015
Nigerian businessmen whose businesses were looted and plundered were also law abiding citizens doing business in South Africa so pleaseee. While I do not support a reprisal attack because of course we are not animals like the south Africans, there is a need to send out a strong earning to the south African people that we allow their businesses to survive and thrieve should not be taken for granted, even when we know that they have over the years exploited our simplicity and hospitality by paying us back with outrageous tariffs, under paying our citizens working for them and so many other things. Yet this has not promoted us to act the way they are acting. h
Sweetguy25:
He who has ears. Irate Nigerians that are calling for the closure of MTN should understand the consequences. MTN is a law abiding company doing in business in Nigeria, the events occurring in their originating country shouldn't be used as an excuse to promote further divisions between the countries. They're a major stakeholder in the Nigerian economy and we should give them the respect they deserve. We should boycott Shell and other IOCs that degrade our environments with their business operations. Besides, its hypocrisy that a country like ours with a rich history of human rights abuses would seek revenge over acts human rights abuses in another country.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Chigold101(m): 7:36am On Apr 21, 2015
eaglechild:

If you escalate tensions.

Nigerians in SA stand to suffer even more so what is your point.
lolzzz it is like you dont understand. Nigerians & other foreigners in SA are already in a deep pooh.

Everybody is hiding, u cant come out talkless doing going to work or your business.

You cant go to bank or withdraw money cos if you step outside you might become aa dead person.

You dont sleep at night, you are ever ready so that you can be ble to defend yourself if they come.

Shops are being looted & burnt down.

Tell me what suffering is more than that?

Malawi, Nigeria & other African countries are already evacuatijg their nationals.

You wont understand.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nelton(m): 7:37am On Apr 21, 2015
sorry for my typo errors. The hazards of typing with a phone.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by smvinreal(f): 7:37am On Apr 21, 2015
Instead of makeing empty threats he should better talk to his people to stop there unreasonable killings , Is he God self see as he is talking as if he is not a Nigerian he would have said something better ALL THIS PROUD PEOPPLE SELF

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by tellwisdom: 7:38am On Apr 21, 2015
Eyepencil:
Don't say i din't warn you

Guy, I've given u much needed attention. Oya, go n play wit sand undecided
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by appliedscience(m): 7:38am On Apr 21, 2015
its indeed an economic world where money decides the pathway of things and issues. Nigeria needs to learn! we cannot earn international respect with just our populus we are but by how strong we are economically. Mtn is one of the best, if not the best telecom company in the country n its not owned by us. we just ve to take our place to be relevant & respected!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Eyepencil: 7:38am On Apr 21, 2015
tellwisdom:

Guy, I've given u much needed attention. Oya, go n play wit sand undecided
MUMU
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by DECOtech(m): 7:40am On Apr 21, 2015
We have Globacom to take over their assets and staff. They can't threaten us on our own soil.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by marc99(m): 7:40am On Apr 21, 2015
shachris03:
na just mouth dem dey make sha. If we lose the jobs, you lose your company. you can't threaten us on our own soil.

I can't believe over 200 think-alike 'liked' this post.

MTN was just telling you guys what the implication and consequence of sabotaging their facilities would lead to, in response to the xenophobic attack. When Boko haram attacked communities in countries like cameroun and chad, did the camerounians and chadians protest or sabotage facilities of any Nigerian owned private firm in their countries?

Here you are, misinterpreting a 'warning' for a 'threat', when all it tries to make the protesters realise is that shutting down or sabotaging MTN will directly and indirectly affect their staff, who are Nigerians.

Let us stage our protest to the South African high commission, the right channel!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 21, 2015
koligs:

Am deeply sorry for the comment I made...
That's very good of u
Sorry about the insult also
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by chibuike65: 7:41am On Apr 21, 2015
Walkopet:
lol na dat free credit be ur own problem, notin concern una with wetn dey happen for southy.
bros if them go apologies with # 2000 free credit you no go likam ?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by econome(m): 7:43am On Apr 21, 2015
Go and die Mtn(in Adam Oshiomole's voice). Instead of calling mad dogs in ur country to order..you are there serving us job threat in pages of newspaper.
Believe it or not! without ur job, 9ja will survive. Are you scared? Lol...no else where in the world MTN will make the over-profit they make in Nigeria.

No be unna(m*n) fault, is because we Nigerians are not passionate about ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by kassybling(m): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2015
Wats with the attack on mtn??....na telecommunication u wan chop??......shoprite plenty ooo...at least na goods go lose...! cool
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Dolypson04(m): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2015
I pity mtn. Wait and let them destroy you first. You will see that the likes of mtel and co will employ and pay well than u if they have same opportunity like u do

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by sickko(m): 7:46am On Apr 21, 2015
Actually, i will like us to look into it this way.

1). MTN Nigeria is not the only telecommunication Company here in Nigeria, you can remember vividly that you have others company competing with you.

2). For so call Mr.Wale, MTN leaving Nigeria is a blessing because it will create room for other telecom companies like Etisat Nigeria,Airtel Nigeria , Visafone and many more .

3). South Africa embassy here is make capital for South Africa and not for Nigeria, MTN also make money for your country and not for Nigeria.

so who is going to loose ? Nigeria in the next one year to come South Africa and other African countries will struggle to come in to Nigeria but the door will not be open to you also/.

So threatening with job will have a lot here to do for livelihood.

Less i forgot, you still recall that you so call South African are lazy and you can hardly lay that your bear hands on anything to do but outsiders do that for you.

FG should evacuate our people from there before evil befall them and they also should our country before will take avenge on them.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by gbishman: 7:49am On Apr 21, 2015
There is quite some sense in what you are saying, but its also imperative we Nigerians send a message so they know the intricacies behind their actions.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:49am On Apr 21, 2015
na just mouth dem dey make sha. If we lose the jobs, you lose your company. you can't threaten us on our own soil. to hell with them they can not come and threating us in nigeria.. even dstv multichoice is the next.........

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nellybii: 7:52am On Apr 21, 2015
I wonder why people with that name "Goodluck" always display so much insensitivity to sensitive issues and rationalize irrational things.??
SMH

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (17) (Reply)

See What I Found In My Kolo In Just A Month (pictures ) / Rolex Wristwatches Given As Souvenirs At Dangote's Daughter, Fatima's Wedding / Man Must Survive, See What This Lady Is Doing To Survive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.