Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses (70851 Views)

Naira To Reverse Losses This Week, Banks To Process FX Transactions Within 24hrs / 'MMM Is A Fraudulent Scheme' - CBN Warns Nigerians, Calls It "Wonder Bank" / Xenophobia: Mtn's Blackmail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by mikyem: 5:53am On Apr 21, 2015
We av Globacom, etisalat, airtel onet,multilink so on...y tink u ar d only hope 4 9ija...u still even av mouth 2 talk...bcoz of dat ur threat and reckless talk...am setting 2 of ur masses on fire...and if u don't apologies ur sealy talk and d bad doing of ur crazy fellow over dere...am ready 2 set more ablaze....is dat wat ur durban pple do 2 foreigners
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by tpiadotcom: 5:54am On Apr 21, 2015
lagbaja:
MTN should be delisted from the SA stock exchange and instead listed on the Nigerian stock exchange to make it a truly Nigerian company.

that's called a hostile takeover, you get cunny o

but can such be accomplished without war?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by tellwisdom: 5:56am On Apr 21, 2015
asadike:
Make una sell am to a nigerian

I like yua bubs...can we wink
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Eyepencil: 5:57am On Apr 21, 2015
Ok... If we should consider mtn,so what about shoprite I went there to survey things yesterday, we should start 4rm shoprite first. Me sef i don arrange pickup van wey i go take enter shoprite by weekend.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vandalZA(m): 5:57am On Apr 21, 2015
all4naija:
More than 30 countries and the bulk of that should possibly be in Africa. We expect other nations to follow suit. You have forgotten that other African nations are already taking drastic measures against South Africa and their companies. You unreasonable human being.
lolest you stereotype's to much nairaland, those fo*ls make stories and you believe them....it shows how f00lish you are!!!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Eyepencil: 5:59am On Apr 21, 2015
tellwisdom:

I like yua bubs...can we wink
Can you do what
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by tellwisdom: 6:01am On Apr 21, 2015
Eyepencil:
Can you do what

Who are you? angry
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by blaqqyboi: 6:01am On Apr 21, 2015
The statement sounded more like threat to me. It is bad enough that our brother's are being killed and rendered homeless in South Africa, it is even worse to employ a Nigerian to threaten us in our homeland because you are MTN. The xenophobic attack is not the doing of MTN but the PR department had better retract this threat and come up with a better press release.

This statement is a big slap on Nigerians.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Eyepencil: 6:03am On Apr 21, 2015
tellwisdom:

Who are you? angry
That lady you are drolling over happens to be my sister. Hope u don't want to be used for rituals?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by dejarule: 6:04am On Apr 21, 2015
the company will remain and be renamed and owned by another set of people/nationality with people retaining their jobs. and I am sure Nelson Mandela will be ashamed in his grave of the dastardly act by some of the people of south Africa.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vandalZA(m): 6:06am On Apr 21, 2015
all4naija:

That is half the truth of anything importance in your post. The nations in the Middle East where MTN is operating are likely Iran and Syria (is at war), in Europe is Cyprus and their combined growth is not even as high as that of Nigeria. Please, get your facts straight before coming here to support your overrated telecommunication company. The people know your country have properties in those African nations yet kill the citizens who are living in their land. That is a senseless and primitive thing to do. You are turning a blind eye to the issue at stake while taking your bag of rip-off MNT as unavoidable whereas it is not. We are ready to sacrifice for the better of humanity. You can't just go about killing people in your country and expect to be patted on the shoulder because your country has companies that employ and pay workers outside its borders. You are all i d i o t s to say the least!

You are joking! It will take another better telecommunication company Nigerian government refuses to favor because of MNT being an African business to absorb the consequences of MTN pulling out of the Nigerian economy. Let me sound this clear, Nigerian economy is big enough at the moment to attract good telecommunication from the West if the government court it.

I say boycott MTN and let them go to other countries in the Middle East and Europe which they hold their citizens important in South Africa while Africans must be killed in any manner. Dude, you better f**k of this forum. It is not South Africa's.
looool stop crying south Africa is not a giant of Africa because of the population but its a powerhouse of Africa in everything!!! Yes in everything.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by amadex(m): 6:07am On Apr 21, 2015
Shoro niyen!
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by tpiadotcom: 6:09am On Apr 21, 2015
blaqqyboi:
The statement sounded more like threat to me

true.

employ a Nigerian to threaten us in our homeland because you are MTN. The xenophobic attack is not the doing of MTN but the PR department had better retract this threat and come up with a better press release.

This statement is a big slap on Nigerians.

na today?

nigerians have been attacking fellow nigerians on behalf of foreigners, since time immemorial.

I think its something in the psyche.

the eagerness with which they jump at the opportunity to do it, is what's puzzling.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 21, 2015
The truth is if mtn close shop, Glo and Etisalat would automatically need extra facilities and extra work force to deal with their new customer base. So mtn should go and sit down.

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 6:12am On Apr 21, 2015
mikyem:
We av Globacom, etisalat, airtel onet,multilink so on...y tink u ar d only hope 4 9ija...u still even av mouth 2 talk...bcoz of dat ur threat and reckless talk...am setting 2 of ur masses on fire...and if u don't apologies ur sealy talk and d bad doing of ur crazy fellow over dere...am ready 2 set more ablaze....is dat wat ur durban pple do 2 foreigners
if they lose just 20million subscribers, they are finished in Nigeria
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by eaglechild: 6:13am On Apr 21, 2015
Eyepencil:
Ok... If we should consider mtn,so what about shoprite I went there to survey things yesterday, we should start 4rm shoprite first. Me sef i don arrange pickup van wey i go take enter shoprite by weekend.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Eyepencil: 6:14am On Apr 21, 2015
eaglechild:

Don't be i
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by eaglechild: 6:15am On Apr 21, 2015
Eyepencil:
Don't be ignorant.

Shoprite franchises in Nigerians are mostly PPPs and Nigerians stand to lose more.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by asadike(f): 6:19am On Apr 21, 2015
iykeaniogbe:
abiii we will raise a committee to look into dat.
Lol
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by ddeola: 6:20am On Apr 21, 2015
Nigerians are too intelligent to perpetrate such but I can assure you that a Nigerian businessman will buy the business over and change the name from MTN.

Nigerians made MTN what it is today and they are making more money here than in SA.

Those pro-xenos are SICK
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by gbaskiboy: 6:20am On Apr 21, 2015
asadike:
Make una sell am to a nigerian
na how much dem go sell?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by copious101(m): 6:20am On Apr 21, 2015
We attack o or Protest ooo,u lose ur facilities and money,we lose the jobs!!! Lolz!!! If Nigerians decises to stop using MTN line and switch to any other Network,they we eventually crumble to the scratch!!! We make them gain their Limelight!!! Nonsense!!! Don't even dare.....we're NIGERIANS awoooooo!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Dahveydson(m): 6:24am On Apr 21, 2015
There's no logical basis in boycotting MTN and south African companies in Nigeria. Their workforce is made of 90% Nigerians, Na we go suffer am. These companies here have in no way promoted the xenophobic attacks in SA, so what's the essence of boycotting them?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Eyepencil: 6:26am On Apr 21, 2015
eaglechild:

Don't be ignorant.

Shoprite franchises in Nigerians are mostly PPPs and Nigerians stand to lose more.
Respect urself b4 i go change am for you. U dey mad?
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vandalZA(m): 6:27am On Apr 21, 2015
mzilakazi:
I just wish Nigeria to take this bold step and see the implications. Let them kick out MTN and see SA as the biggest importer of Nigeria's oil in Africa also cutting down or cancelling their import of oil from Nigeria. America had already reduced their import of Nigeria's oil and another blow from SA will further deal them an immense loss.
And return 1million Nigerians living in south Africa to Nigeria......and that will 1 500 600 Nigerians unemployed and each of them supporting an average of 5 family members and that means an average population of 7 503 000 will go hungry in Nigeria adding on 70% of the population that is already dying of hunger....*nd we will see who will be more affected by this boycott thing
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by vacanci: 6:28am On Apr 21, 2015
How come am the only one thinking these MTN guys are so proud and full of themselves. They do not even think the Nigeria government did them a favor by granting them operational license. All they keep thinking is that they help to give us jobs that might be lost. What about the huge cash that they and their country will loose when they can no longer repatriate the money.

I do not support us retaliating but I hate their comment in totality.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by ibrosantus(m): 6:29am On Apr 21, 2015
4get dat 1 wey u dey talk, if we no get work, we no dey chop, abi u b God wey dey give us food ni?

south african pple dey kill our pple n u dey here dey talk rubbish. y una no dey kill dose wyt pple like dat e.g kill 1 american citizen ur pple don go b dat. oga pack well jo.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by tunnary(m): 6:29am On Apr 21, 2015
Nw i no these south africans r so stupid, so if we loose d jobs we nat gonna get another? Nigeria is one of d biggest customers patronisin mtn so i tink they'll loose more. If nt for d age of my mtn sim i'd ve destroyed it ryt away.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by authority2006(m): 6:30am On Apr 21, 2015
moneybag100:
Omo see threat...una dey craze...before you people came people are employed and after you people left people will still be employed..nobody or company is indispensable...we will just suffer and miss you people for 3 month, after that everybody will know you are gone for good.
I love this comment. After all, most Nigerians are using at least two networks.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 21, 2015
That good luck guy just made a grave mistake, how could he come out to threaten us rather than addressing those barbarian in his country , MTN should think rationally to avoid provoking the anger of Nigerians the more.
Re: Xenophobia: MTN Nigeria Warns Of 6,000 Job Losses by adekoonlay(m): 6:32am On Apr 21, 2015
amadex:
Shoro niyen!
Oyamilenu ooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Welcome-Hisenjos Fiverr,Freelancer via Payoneer Skrill Exchange Customer Support / See What I Found In My Kolo In Just A Month (pictures ) / "2 Years Ago I Started My Business With N30K But Now.."Nigerian Man Reveals.PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.