Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. (8024 Views)

Are Ukwuani People Of Delta State Igbos? / The Relationship Between The Isoko And Ndiigbo( Ukwuani-anioma). / Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by mumbasa: 2:44am On Apr 21, 2015
Ukwuani is not a dialect and it is not Igbo. It’s an ethnic group it’s a language that is linguistically similar to Igbo language.

Something makes Umu- igbo sees themselves as always superior. Igbo, Ukwuani, Ekpeye, Ogba & Ikwerre are familiar tribes. Let everyone respect each other instead of claiming the territories of one another. The greediest among these tribes is Igbo.

All over the world we have distinct tribes with similar language and no one claims that the other person is answering his name so he must be Igbo.

Spanish and Portuguese – they both answer names like Diego, Jose, Fernando but the Portuguese man doesn’t wake up to tell the Spanish man that you are answering my name and you are Portuguese.

When a Portuguese man answers Rodriguez it’s a portugese name similarly when a Spanish man answers Rodriguez it becomes a Spanish name.

NO ONE OWNS THE NAME.

Uhrobo and Isoko – They both answer names like Afoke, Oghene.

Bini, Esan, Etsako – They are also different languages. I don’t mean dialects

Eleme and Ogoni – Some similar names but again different language and no one claims the other.

Ukwuani ,Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ogba, and Igbo language – Big problem because the Igbo’s say we are answering their names but let me point out that if an Igbo man answers Chukwu it’s an Igbo name, If an Ukwuani man answers Chukwu it becomes an Ukwuani name similarly when an ikwerre man answers Chukwu its now an Ikwerre name.

Itsekiri and Yoruba language – they also have same problems with Yoruba’s but let them speak for themselves.

Ụkwụànì (sometimes spelled Ụkwànì) are a distinct ethnic group of people located in the heart of Delta State in the Delta North Senatorial District they occupy three local governments in Delta state and some of them bleed into Rivers state. They are closely related to the Ndoni people found in Rivers states in Nigeria.

They didn’t say they are not Igbo’s because someone drew a map and that placed them in Delta State. Remember that before the war they were all in one state with; Igbo’s , Ikwerres , Ijaw’s and Itshekiri’s called eastern region but they supported the Nigerian cause during the civil war and do not in any way consider themselves to be of the Igbo stock. Ụkwụànì language has 88% resemblance with dialects of Aboh and Ndoni.

When an Ikwerre, Ekpeye or Ukwuani man tells you that he is not Igbo it doesn’t mean that there is anything wrong with the Igbo’s or it’s a bad thing to be Igbo but don’t just use your ignorance to discard my identity and give me yours. There are many very intelligent, successful, rich talented Igbo’s spread all over the world so you can see that there is nothing wrong with the Igbo’s.

JUST DON’T DISCARD MY IDENTITY

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by kliq(m): 6:08am On Apr 21, 2015
They are regarded as Delta-Igbos

Urhobo Waado o,Isoko Waado o!

2 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by ChristyG(f): 8:10am On Apr 21, 2015
mumbasa:
Ukwuani is not a dialect and it is not Igbo. It’s an ethnic group it’s a language that is linguistically similar to Igbo language.

Something makes Umu- igbo sees themselves as always superior. Igbo, Ukwuani, Ekpeye, Ogba & Ikwerre are familiar tribes. Let everyone respect each other instead of claiming the territories of one another. The greediest among these tribes is Igbo.

All over the world we have distinct tribes with similar language and no one claims that the other person is answering his name so he must be Igbo.

Spanish and Portuguese – they both answer names like Diego, Jose, Fernando but the Portuguese man doesn’t wake up to tell the Spanish man that you are answering my name and you are Portuguese.

When a Portuguese man answers Rodriguez it’s a portugese name similarly when a Spanish man answers Rodriguez it becomes a Spanish name.

NO ONE OWNS THE NAME.

Eleme and Ogoni – Some similar names but again different language and no one claims the other.

Ukwuani ,Ikwerre, Ekpeye, Ogba, and Igbo language – Big problem because the Igbo’s say we are answering their names but let me point out that if an Igbo man answers Chukwu it’s an Igbo name, If an Ukwuani man answers Chukwu it becomes an Ukwuani name similarly when an ikwerre man answers Chukwu its now an Ikwerre name.

Itsekiri and Yoruba language – they also have same problems with Yoruba’s but let them speak for themselves.

Ụkwụànì (sometimes spelled Ụkwànì) are a distinct ethnic group of people located in the heart of Delta State in the Delta North Senatorial District they occupy three local governments in Delta state and some of them bleed into Rivers state. They are closely related to the Ndoni people found in Rivers states in Nigeria.

They didn’t say they are not Igbo’s because someone drew a map and that placed them in Delta State. Remember that before the war they were all in one state with; Igbo’s , Ikwerres , Ijaw’s and Itshekiri’s called eastern region but they supported the Nigerian cause during the civil war and do not in any way consider themselves to be of the Igbo stock. Ụkwụànì language has 88% resemblance with dialects of Aboh and Ndoni.

When an Ikwerre, Ekpeye or Ukwuani man tells you that he is not Igbo it doesn’t mean that there is anything wrong with the Igbo’s or it’s a bad thing to be Igbo but don’t just use your ignorance to discard my identity and give me yours. There are many very intelligent, successful, rich talented Igbo’s spread all over the world so you can see that there is nothing wrong with the Igbo’s.

JUST DON’T DISCARD MY IDENTITY – Maybe the Itsekiris and some people in parts of Kogi and Kwara feel same because I have heard many of them say I am not Yoruba and the Yoruba man says your name is Tunde how can you say you are not Yoruba.
itsekiris are NOT yoruba but they are yoruba people in kwara and kogi(and they dont deny it).probably dose u met are itsekiris who said they are not yorubas(which is true)but dont speak for kwara and kogi.the case of ukwani is totally different from kwara and kogi

6 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by tonychristopher: 10:20am On Apr 21, 2015
UNA NO DEY TIRE, THE ONLY TIME PEOPLE WILL TAKE U SERIOUS IS WHEN THE EZE OF UKWUANI SAYS THEY ARE NOT IGBO, AND EZE ARE CUSTODIAN OF CULTURE AND TRADITION. FOR NOW NON OF THE EZE IN IKWERRE OR UKWUANI HAS SAID THEY ARE NOT IGBO EVEN IKA NOW CAN YOU GO AND SMOKE SOME UKWUANI WEED FOR RECREATION

IT WILL DO U A LOT OF GOOD COS YOUR BRAIN NEEDS CALLIBERATION

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by Turbocharged: 11:55am On Apr 21, 2015
mumbasa:

NO ONE OWNS THE NAME.

JUST DON’T DISCARD MY IDENTITY – Maybe the Itsekiris and some people in parts of Kogi and Kwara feel same because I have heard many of them say I am not Yoruba and the Yoruba man says your name is Tunde how can you say you are not Yoruba.

This is the type of statement someone made in South Africa, and 2day many are dead and businesses detroyed because of that.

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by Ihuomadinihu: 3:02pm On Apr 21, 2015
This trash again? It's ok if your ancestors came from Benin, so you are not and will never be Igbo. But don't say this trash amongst Igbo sons and daughters of Ukwani extration. Cos all the ones i know,identify as Igbo people of Delta state. End of Discussion!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 21, 2015
*smh*

Who are the Igbo? What is the Igbo language?

Note: Your answers cannot be: "People from the Southeastern geopolitical zone." "Dialects spoken by the peoples of the Southeastern geopolitical zone."

The Southeastern geopolitical zone is just that - a geopolitical arrangement. I'm looking for ethnocultural, ethnolinguistic answers.

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by ChinenyeN(m): 3:34am On Apr 22, 2015
Radoillo nnaa, answering those questions is probably too tall and intimidating of a task for the OP to take on, i marala.
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 22, 2015
ChinenyeN:
Radoillo nnaa, answering those questions is probably too tall and intimidating of a task for the OP to take on, i marala.

Ama m. grin

Igwa gi eziokwu, I resolved sometime ago not to be involved in this kind of discussions anymore. But last night, I was idle. Idle and bored.
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by ChinenyeN(m): 8:49am On Apr 22, 2015
Chei.. Idle and bored. The worst combination, especially for active minds.

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 22, 2015
grin I swear!
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by ChinenyeN(m): 9:10am On Apr 22, 2015
My active mind has been bored and idle as well, and I've been thinking about the next possibly engaging topic for the culture section. Haven't quite pinned it down yet, and I guess part of my hesitation is that I'm likely too lazy to open up a new thread.
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by Nobody: 10:30am On Apr 22, 2015
ChinenyeN:
My active mind has been bored and idle as well, and I've been thinking about the next possibly engaging topic for the culture section. Haven't quite pinned it down yet, and I guess part of my hesitation is that I'm likely too lazy to open up a new thread.

LOL. Me and you both, my brother. Me and you both.
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by pazienza(m): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2015
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by agadez007(m): 3:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
This people will always say the differnce between them and Igbo is that igbos are very greedy,why that?

Me think there are greedy individuals and never a greedy tribe,you cant just lump 25-30million igbos as greedy
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by Antivirus92(m): 5:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
please op...who are d Igbo people?
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by Penssuwa(m): 12:35am On Apr 23, 2015
Who cares? Do i receive medal of honour for your being or not being Igbo? Does it credit my account? People are progressing and u are progressively retrogressing
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by tonychristopher: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2015
It's only the nobody say they ain't igbo in ukwuani

My inlaws.
Penssuwa:
Who cares? Do i receive medal of honour for your being or not being Igbo? Does it credit my account? People are progressing and u are progressively retrogressing
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by ezeagu(m): 1:52am On Apr 24, 2015
mumbasa:
The greediest among these tribes is Igbo.

mumbasa:

Absolute confusion. Notice that these "X are not Igbos oh!" posters always have a jibe or a slur at Igbo people. It's because these people are stark raving mad! If you people continue to fuel the fire of lunatics, I will start opening threads on how Nri and Aro people are not Igbo with more conviction and evidence than these idle sentinels. Not to mention that many of these poster are dummy accounts here with malicious intent. Threads like this should be ignored.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by mumbasa: 9:52am On Apr 26, 2015
tonychristopher:
UNA NO DEY TIRE, THE ONLY TIME PEOPLE WILL TAKE U SERIOUS IS WHEN THE EZE OF UKWUANI SAYS THEY ARE NOT IGBO, AND EZE ARE CUSTODIAN OF CULTURE AND TRADITION. FOR NOW NON OF THE EZE IN IKWERRE OR UKWUANI HAS SAID THEY ARE NOT IGBO EVEN IKA NOW CAN YOU GO AND SMOKE SOME UKWUANI WEED FOR RECREATION

IT WILL DO U A LOT OF GOOD COS YOUR BRAIN NEEDS CALLIBERATION

Simple English you no fit speak. The native Ukwuani villages don't have Kings, Eze or Igwe. Its just of recent that they are trying to integrate it and put up someone so they can receive money from the Government like traditional rulers do in other parts of Nigeria. Its just another Proof that the Ukwuanis are not Igbos we have no Kings. Only in UtaGbaOgbe were Ukwuani people worldwide began to spread from do we have a historical ruler who is usually coronated by the OBA of Benin

3 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by mumbasa: 10:08am On Apr 26, 2015
Radoillo:
*smh*

Who are the Igbo? What is the Igbo language?

Note: Your answers cannot be: "People from the Southeastern geopolitical zone." "Dialects spoken by the peoples of the Southeastern geopolitical zone."

The Southeastern geopolitical zone is just that - a geopolitical arrangement. I'm looking for ethnocultural, ethnolinguistic answers.

I refused to answer for obvious reasons. I clearly stated that i am not Igbo and you ask me who are the igbo people . If you dont know who you are ask your grand-parents. I believe your question should have been who are the Ukwuanis then i will elaborate on who we are .

Yes, Igbo and Ukwuani may have many basic elements in common – phonological, grammatical and lexical – BUT THEY ARE CERTAINLY NOT THE SAME LANGUAGE, and Ukwuani cannot be said to be a dialect of Igbo- Like i stated in my post there are many languages in the world and here in nigeria with such similarities - Efik,Anang,Ibibio -- Languages of Coratia , Bosnia and Serbia

I don't understand how and why you get so bitter when someone tells you that he is not IGBO. Even if you hit yourhead on the wall it will not change.

If we were Igbos we would have felt pity during the Biafran war and actively engage in the movement. No human will ignore it when his own is been massacred - The truth remains that we saw them just as the Benin, Uhrobo and Yoruba man saw them no feeling of attachment.

When you meet a child who knows nothing about the Ukwuani people any you say "my frnd says she is igbo and she iz from delta state" den you carry dat ideology around and argue like a mad person. Even igbos who live in Kwale immediately realize that they are not in IGBOLAND and they have ASSOCIATION OF IGBO WOMEN here kwale.

Just travel more eeh it will help your ignorance

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 26, 2015
Who told you I was bitter over who claims Igbo and who does not? If you were familiar with my posts on similar threads to this one, you'd know I'm generally open-minded concerning this issue.

I asked you a couple of questions because I wanted to know if you understood what it means when someone is referred to as an 'Igbo-speaking person'. I wanted to know if you understood:

1. the history of that word 'Igbo',

2. its use, and non-use in pre-colonial Nigeria,

3. how it came to be applied as a general classificatory term for the various 'ethnic groups' who spoke closely related tongues in the last one and a half century

4. the political situations that led to some of those 'ethnic groups' eventually accepting that tag in the last century (after an initial hesitation phase) and to some other 'ethnic groups' rejecting it.

Apparently you do not understand any of these: which is why you keep talking of Igbo as if it is a 'monolithic homogenous' entity, and as if 'Igbo' is the ethnic identity handed down to us by our great-grandfathers.

I wouldn't have commented here at all if you had simply said Ukwuani is a distinct group that wishes to maintain its ethnic distinctness. I can understand that. But when you started with the whole 'different from Igbo' thing, I just wanted to know how well you understood the concept/idea of being 'Igbo'. Apparently, not at all.

It is well. I greet you...and your people.

3 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by tonychristopher: 5:53pm On Apr 26, 2015
mumbasa:

Simple English you no fit speak. The native Ukwuani villages don't have Kings, Eze or Igwe. Its just of recent that they are trying to integrate it and put up someone so they can receive money from the Government like traditional rulers do in other parts of Nigeria. Its just another Proof that the Ukwuanis are not Igbos we have no Kings. Only in UtaGbaOgbe were Ukwuani people worldwide began to spread from do we have a historical ruler who is usually coronated by the OBA of Benin

Lol
Your stupidity is at its pristine stage...for ukwuani not to hav king mean they are igbo cos igbo are republicans

Have u ever heard that igbo enwe EZE

I don't brag about my prifieciency in english but in igbo

No wonder they call ur type fake igbo
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by tonychristopher: 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2015
mumbasa:

I refused to answer for obvious reasons. I clearly stated that i am not Igbo and you ask me who are the igbo people . If you dont know who you are ask your grand-parents. I believe your question should have been who are the Ukwuanis then i will elaborate on who we are .

Yes, Igbo and Ukwuani may have many basic elements in common – phonological, grammatical and lexical – BUT THEY ARE CERTAINLY NOT THE SAME LANGUAGE, and Ukwuani cannot be said to be a dialect of Igbo- Like i stated in my post there are many languages in the world and here in nigeria with such similarities - Efik,Anang,Ibibio -- Languages of Coratia , Bosnia and Serbia

I don't understand how and why you get so bitter when someone tells you that he is not IGBO. Even if you hit yourhead on the wall it will not change.

If we were Igbos we would have felt pity during the Biafran war and actively engage in the movement. No human will ignore it when his own is been massacred - The truth remains that we saw them just as the Benin, Uhrobo and Yoruba man saw them no feeling of attachment.

When you meet a child who knows nothing about the Ukwuani people any you say "my frnd says she is igbo and she iz from delta state" den you carry dat ideology around and argue like a mad person. Even igbos who live in Kwale immediately realize that they are not in IGBOLAND and they have ASSOCIATION OF IGBO WOMEN here kwale.

Just travel more eeh it will help your ignorance
Identity crisis

Now I understand ukwuani dialect well as an igbo

If ukwuani is a language perhaps I might need an interpreter but i dont need it

My wife an ukwuani woman will laugh at this post

Ogo m ndi ara

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by victor1464(m): 2:27am On Jun 19, 2015
tonychristopher:

Identity crisis

Now I understand ukwuani dialect well as an igbo

If ukwuani is a language perhaps I might need an interpreter but i dont need it

My wife an ukwuani woman will laugh at this post

Ogo m ndi ara
dis man still dey here de mumu.,just look at how foolish u r. Im not sure about ur education dats y u continue d arguements. If u like tell d americans,d ghanians,hausas,germans,and ikwere dat dey ar igbos. I dont see where d arguments will lead u and ur family to.. I am ukwuani and i find joy in maintainin my ethnic identity.americans r not british people despite d english language spoken by them.they r little variations in their spellin/pronounciatns . So kip ur igbo umbrela in d east.may b u could extend it 2d ibibios...anu ugboko!!

3 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by tonychristopher: 6:54am On Jun 19, 2015
victor1464:
dis man still dey here de mumu.,just look at how foolish u r. Im not sure about ur education dats y u continue d arguements. If u like tell d americans,d ghanians,hausas,germans,and ikwere dat dey ar igbos. I dont see where d arguments will lead u and ur family to.. I am ukwuani and i find joy in maintainin my ethnic identity.americans r not british people despite d english language spoken by them.they r little variations in their spellin/pronounciatns . So kip ur igbo umbrela in d east.may b u could extend it 2d ibibios...anu ugboko!!

This man can u grow up....stop been an idiot ...nobody is saying that the tiny ukwuani should jettison their language and mind you its the never do wells that argue ukwuani igboness not important people

Bye
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by tonychristopher: 6:58am On Jun 19, 2015
victor1464:

Go and read how ohaneze ndi igbo honors ukwuani sons or do u need link. I am talking what happened this year

Oh go and rest ..nobody knows u...ur nobody

Benin felon pls read ....
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by darfay: 2:27pm On Jun 19, 2015
victor1464:
dis man still dey here de mumu.,just look at how foolish u r. Im not sure about ur education dats y u continue d arguements. If u like tell d americans,d ghanians,hausas,germans,and ikwere dat dey ar igbos. I dont see where d arguments will lead u and ur family to.. I am ukwuani and i find joy in maintainin my ethnic identity.americans r not british people despite d english language spoken by them.they r little variations in their spellin/pronounciatns . So kip ur igbo umbrela in d east.may b u could extend it 2d ibibios...an
u ugboko!!
Don't mind dah guy hiz nothing buh a big time bigot,image he even had the nerves to call an ethnic group TINY the same one his supposed wife hails from.whether he likes it or not ukwale is a language of It's own as recognised by the natives,constitution of Delta state and that of the federal republic of nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by christopher123(m): 10:08pm On Jun 19, 2015
darfay:

Don't mind dah guy hiz nothing buh a big time bigot,image he even had the nerves to call an ethnic group TINY the same one his supposed wife hails from.whether he likes it or not ukwale is a language of It's own as recognised by the natives,constitution of Delta state and that of the federal republic of nigeria
They are tiny ...they are not an ethnic group ewu ..they are clans

Get it
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by Ihuomadinihu: 6:51am On Jun 20, 2015
christopher123:

They are tiny ...they are not an ethnic group ewu ..they are clans

Get it
No point debating this. This ones migrated from Benin,so they are speaking for themselves. Majority of Ukwuani people i know,identify as Igbo and are proud of their igbo heritage. Let the few identity crises individuals speak for themselves,not Ukwuani.
This thread should have been longer snice April 21,but it is not. That shows you they are only minority efulefus,the rest of Ukwuani community does not share their crises mentality.
Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by christopher123(m): 7:29am On Jun 20, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

No point debating this. This ones migrated from Benin,so they are speaking for themselves. Majority of Ukwuani people i know,identify as Igbo and are proud of their igbo heritage. Let the few identity crises individuals speak for themselves,not Ukwuani.
This thread should have been longer snice April 21,but it is not. That shows you they are only minority efulefus,the rest of Ukwuani community does not share their crises mentality.

My dear what you said is what I said ...there are people that came from Benin as slaves and felons their fathers came to ukwuani that's OK ...I have never argue with them

Many ukwuani are even in ohaneze that's the pure bloods and I have noticed that it's the nobody that make noise about this

So the best is to ignore them

How come these benin felons speak igbo still baffles me

1 Like

Re: Ukwuani People Are Not Igbos. by Mapletraks: 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
mumbasa:

NO ONE OWNS THE NAME.

@ Mumbasa

The Yoruba of Kogi West such as Dare Art-Alade,
Senators Smart Adeyemi and Dino Melaiye,
the present Deputy Governor of Kogi State
[Yomi Awoniyi] are Yorubas of the Middle-Belt of
Northern Nigeria and have NEVER denied
being Yoruba. Yomi Awoniyi's late father was
the first Yoruba Northerner to become the
Chairman of Arewa Consultative Forum, i.e.,
Chief Sunday Awoniyi, never denied being
Yoruba but was proud to be a Northern Yoruba
because the Sardauna of Sokoto, Sir Ahmadu
Bello treated non-Hausas in the North with
love and respect.

In Kwara State, out of the 16 Local Governments
12 belong fully to the Yoruba including Ilorin
the state capital, and the language spoken in
Ilorin for day-to-day communication is fully
Yoruba. The Nupes own 2 LGAs and the Baribas
also own 2 LGAs.

Last but not least the Itsekiris have Yoruba
and Edo ancestries, and are righly classified
as a sub-group of the Yoruba and Edo.

Itsekiri language is very close to mainstream
Yoruba but has some Edo, Portuguese, and
English words. The Original Itsekiris were of
Ijebu ancestry in Omadino and Ode Itsekiri and
towards
Ugborodo[Escravos, the crude oil and gas-rich
community], the Ilaje Yorubas founded the
Ugborodu community over 500 years ago.

This is why the oil fields in Ugborodo/Escravos
axis is named in Itsekiri-Yoruba language (the
okan, meji, meta, meren oilfields mean one, two
three and four in Itsekiri and Yoruba).

The Olu of Itsekiri has its origins from the
Benin Royal House when Prince Giniwu the
son the the then Oba of Benin in late 1400s and
born of a Yoruba mother from Ife, had to leave
Benin with 70 of his aides as a result of some
cultural issues and finally arrived in Ode Itsekiri
were he met Lenuwa an Ijebu Itsekiri. Lenuwa
and his people accepted Prince Ginuwa in their
midst and eventually made him the king or Olu.

I observed that the Itsekiris senior chiefs usually
attend meetings organised by the larger Yoruba
and have never denied having STRONG ancestral
ties with the Yoruba and Edoid groups such
as the Bini-Edo and Urhobos.

I remember in 2011, @kpogede77 posted that
the Ilaje-Yorubas came to the military aid of their
direct Itsekiri cousins who they share boundaries
with along the Ondo/Delta State border, with
sophisticated weapons to fight the Ijaw who
had attacked Itsekiri communities.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 True Facts You Have Never Heard About The Yoruba Nation / Kneeling Down For Your Husband Or Wife! / Are Expensive Funerals Necessary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.