Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:30 AM

10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job (27766 Views)

11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business / Big Question... Will You Quit Your Job To Start A Business?? / When You Know It's Time To Quit Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:06am On Apr 21, 2015
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 21, 2015
rawpadgin:
No 9 is a major problem @ my work place

those guys can hold ur salary for 3months

Same here... seriously searching for another one...

Even when I go extra length to do a laudable task, the MD behaves as if it's no big deal. Sometimes, he will rant and shout if there was any little mistake in the task I volunteered to help out with.
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by tfabu: 8:08am On Apr 21, 2015
Hmm.atimes a bird at hand is worth more than 10 in d bush but on the other hand it takes shutting one door to open another with faith
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by trainingfinder: 8:11am On Apr 21, 2015
We need to develop ourselves for the future, visit www.trainingfinderonline.com to acquire more skills. Training Finder is also giving airtime to new users as you register with them.

Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Hashimyussufamao(m): 8:24am On Apr 21, 2015
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 21, 2015
Just take it easy. I can imagine what you are passing through, i had same problem at my previous work place. I continued giving in my best n kept searching. God at d right time brought a more lucrative one for me where I earn even more than our H/D. Keep faith n pray more. Never quit to stay idol.
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by LEXYCOM: 8:39am On Apr 21, 2015
Am experiencing everything u have listed at my place of work right now.....the painful part Is that they are owning me 8 month salary, that means I have not received any salary this year......and the management has not even called us to talk to us or even show concerns that they are owing us..........the company is owned by Lebanese...
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by maum: 8:39am On Apr 21, 2015
Nö 10 oh Nö 10. Very common
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by 6fit(f): 8:40am On Apr 21, 2015
My own employer exploit me like we esploit out dick. All d 10point apply to me but can leave d job untill another job showup. Salary come regular but it nothing to write home about as a graduate with 2degree. Mehnn, graduate dey suffer oh!!!!!
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Jarus(m): 8:42am On Apr 21, 2015
Many Nigerians don't care about others except #9. Even at that, people prefer to continue to "rough" it.

In all my 8 years career, salary has never been delayed for 2 days after the 25th pay day. Except in January 2009, at the height of the global economic crunch when it was delayed for 5 days ( we were paid 31st or so) due to cashflow issues.

Salary delay is not something I want to experience at all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Nobody: 8:44am On Apr 21, 2015
[size=28pt]Number 9[/size]
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by fpeter(f): 8:44am On Apr 21, 2015
Now, let's face it the average Nigerian employee is under remunerated and most cases exploited.
Do i advise you to quit your job, NO!! except you have a backup or other means of income, I tell
People, if you are willing to quit your current job please make sure you have a better alternative.
When your job becomes boring or monotonous, ask for a transfer or to be moved to a different DPT
stating your reasons clearly to your superiors.
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Nobody: 8:47am On Apr 21, 2015
LEXYCOM:
Am experiencing everything u have listed at my place of work right now.....the painful part Is that they are owning me 8 month salary, that means I have not received any salary this year......and the management has not even called us to talk to us or even show concerns that they are owing us..........the company is owned by Lebanese...
8 months and u still dey work? Common that's so sad o
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Jennifer89(f): 8:48am On Apr 21, 2015
LEXYCOM:

make everybody strike nah. i can imagin 8 months without pay and you must go to work everyday.
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by jobsat34(m): 8:50am On Apr 21, 2015
1 & 8 is d bane of my coy..
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by sherif4owo(m): 8:51am On Apr 21, 2015
I need to change mine ... Nos.. 2,3,6 basically
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Pamcrest(f): 8:54am On Apr 21, 2015
Never quit your job, esp here in Nigeria.....unless u find a better one that addresses your concerns with d current job. Jobs are hard to find n people like me get inundated with hundreds of cvs, but d vacancies are just not there.

So unless your life or dignity is in jeopardy, pls persevere n hold on to your job. U can augment by doing some PP on d side.
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Nobody: 8:58am On Apr 21, 2015
buoye1:
bros do you know what it takes to remain jobless?i'll rather stay there till i get a better job before quiting
pls read and help me on this thing,i need this thing move to
frontpage .pls you can help me modify your post and help
me add this link www.nairaland.com/2257006/urgently- need-nairalanderspls#32733809 this is my life
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Phinagold(f): 8:59am On Apr 21, 2015
Was experiencing all of the above and then i quit d job. now am jobless at d moment,i wish i didnt

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 21, 2015
3Dee:
I go comment when I get job.
pls read and help me on this thing,i need this thing move to
frontpage .pls you can help me modify your post and help
me add this link www.nairaland.com/2257006/urgently- need-nairalanderspls#32733809 this is my life
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Anazp: 9:01am On Apr 21, 2015
Pamcrest:
Never quit your job, esp here in Nigeria.....unless u find a better one that addresses your concerns with d current job. Jobs are hard to find n people like me get inundated with hundreds of cvs, but d vacancies are just not there.

So unless your life or dignity is in jeopardy, pls persevere n hold on to your job. U can augment by doing some PP on d side.
My humble submission
women dont take risks. they love it safe. that's why most of them don't make that extreme big cash. not surprised tho

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Jblacki: 9:03am On Apr 21, 2015
I am going for another job @ National assembly now as I comment due to No. 8, why bcoz I have worked here for 2 yrs, no incriment of salary and this work lacks appreciation. So fed up guys
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by rawpadgin(m): 9:08am On Apr 21, 2015
ElFenomeno1:

3 months and you still turn up for work during that period?

I am sorry I can't.
they will tell u that she'll has not paid them for 1year. & will u quit a 60k job & go back to the unemployment market?

my dear na the kind country wen God us o
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Mbkite(m): 9:10am On Apr 21, 2015
Nice point @op. I encourage the Engineers in d forum to enrol 4 a private "PROJECT PLANNING CLASS" Learn to use PRIMAVERA (P6 & P3) in Project Planning/Scheduling and control, S-curve plotting & cost control. It's for only people in Port Harcourt. Call Uche on- 08060716087.
Email add- emufprojects@yahoo.com
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by rawpadgin(m): 9:10am On Apr 21, 2015
Phinagold:
Was experiencing all of the above and then i quit d job. now am jobless at d moment,i wish i didnt
eyaaa tongue
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Pamcrest(f): 9:10am On Apr 21, 2015
Anazp:
women dont take risks. they love it safe. that's why most of them don't make that extreme big cash. not surprised tho

I don't fully agree with u. Women take CALCULATED risks. We don't jump in head first like men....we test d waters to see if d gain is worth d risk. And of course, u will be surprised to see many women holding their own nowadays and they do make that "extreme big cash" through sheer hardwork n resilience.
My humble submission

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by darkhorse84: 9:13am On Apr 21, 2015
tunjijones:
Am going through exactly the same thing @ my work place. Imagine working for 4yrs without promotion. No pay rise. Last week most of the staff salaries were reviewed only for my name to be left out. On enquiry from HOUR I was told that I was nt entitled to increment. Won't quit though till I get another one cos I knw what I went through to get this job. But honestly the zest to work is gone.

I admire your resilience. Getting a job is not easy and staying in a useless one is very difficult. I have been working for 2 years 6 months without a review, and it is unbearable for me because I have never had it so bad. You have given me strength to keep on keeping on.
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by LEXYCOM: 9:13am On Apr 21, 2015
Jennifer89:

make everybody strike nah. i can imagin 8 months without pay and you must go to work everyday.
Yes ooo, u must still come to work......strike is not an option for us....they keep telling us that government is yet to pay them for various work done......it a construction company..........I think generally, if u work in a Lebanese owned company, u must pray that God delivers you.....cos the are fond of using people in slave manner..
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by emilyone(f): 9:15am On Apr 21, 2015
All the above listed are enough to make one depressed but being jobless is worst
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by LEXYCOM: 9:18am On Apr 21, 2015
sexyseun:
8 months and u still dey work? Common that's so sad o
My fellow being, no be small thing oooooo.......am telling u, I has not been easy.....my helping grace is that am not yet married.....so I can afford to drink garri in the morning instead of indomie or fried plantain.....it is well sha

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by Anazp: 9:20am On Apr 21, 2015
Pamcrest:

I don't fully agree with u. Women take CALCULATED risks. We don't jump in head first like men....we test d waters to see if d gain is worth d risk. And of course, u will be surprised to see many women holding their own nowadays and they do make that "extreme big cash" through sheer hardwork n resilience.
My humble submission
ur earlier post confirms the fact that most african women aren't risk takers. may married women even discourage their husbands from taking the plunge. the big fortune 500 companies today were not created by spirits- humans who took huge risks created them. imagine when the house of representatives resumes in June only 14 women would be members. terrible
Re: 10 Things Nobody Tells You...just Know It's Time To Quit Your Job by 1miccza: 9:50am On Apr 21, 2015
countsparrow:
Unless u are working in a multi national coy, all dis things na normal things we dey contend with in out daily lifes....

You are right!!very right!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"God Bless N-Power" Bike Number Plate Spotted In Zamfara / Is It Possible To Get My Money Back? / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.