Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure (33667 Views)

Nigeria Immigration Service 2015 Recruitment Invitation For Aptitude Test / Stanbic IBTC Bank Aptitude Test. / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by samsonbazy(m): 6:58pm On Apr 21, 2015
onosprince:

I know you are one of the olodos that took the test... english teacher carry on
F9 for you.I am gainfully employed.Learn to take correction.
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by seun001(m): 7:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
Did i just read instruction 2 saying to ''read all questions before beginning the test''.

There you have your failure to follow instructions and pay attention to details. 90% of candidates will miss the implication of that.

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by Arysexy(m): 7:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
Am only seeing igbo and yoruba names. Does it mean hausas don't like bank work?

2 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by killm: 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
despot77:
to get work no easy o!

It is easy in this country. But we ourselves makes it difficult. I will give you an example. I sent my resumes to 30 companies, 28 Nigerian companies and 2 American companies. This was what I did. I changed my address when I applied to these 2 American companies to know if it will be possible to get a message from them. This was done to be sure if my resume was in the right direction. Well, to my surprise, the very day I sent my resumes to all these companies, the 2 American companies asked me to come for an interview that same day. And for a period of 3 months now, I am yet to hear a thing from our Nigerian companies except Forte Oil, who claimed they weren't recruiting at the time. These companies in America I applied to are different, one energy firm and the other an investment company. I actually sweet talked the person and we ended up doing an interview via Skype and got the job. But they knew something was fishy as I wasn't available in the country. I did tell them the truth about wanting to know if my resume was good, and they said it was. I do think this is really a shady system we have, filled with the likes of those who want their kids to take over a company like it's some primogeniture life we all live in. I am ashamed of my country when it comes to something like this, because as much as we think the process isn't easy, it is the easiest here.

7 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
Thank God my name is on that list...No 1 on the list.......[/size] grin grin grin grin[size=8pt] cool cool is. Time for celebrations..... lol.. Come and join..... me Olodo people..
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by tenry(m): 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
I used the three browsers available on my PC and phone all to no avail. Those who didn't know what happened can keep judging. 95% of the applicant could not access their portal. The same thing happened during the first stage of the test. I was expecting them to send a message as they did then only to see this tonight. Out of the figure reeled out, majority could not open d test, so it is unfair on the part of sterling bank. Obviously it is their elimination strategy but that was not fair. I wish all the applicant best of luck in their future endeavours.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by kay1one2(m): 7:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
onosprince:
[size=20pt]Am not surprise with the outcome because many of them couldnt pass thru university without runs, the same pple will still complain of no job... Olodo[/size]

Jobless rat!

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by onosprince(m): 7:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
samsonbazy:

Who dafuq is unemployed... hw much salary u dey earn a month?
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by onosprince(m): 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2015
kay1one2:

Jobless rat!

Jobless goat
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by GentleYoung(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2015
olaxco2f:
olodo peoples
Ori omowe afi. (peoples) na grin
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by kay1one2(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
onosprince:

Jobless goat
Your mother? !
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by boxypane(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ohhhhk
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
We're u working @samson..before u started innslting people here because u are gainful employed are u the only person here that is working
samsonbazy:
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by Valendo: 7:18pm On Apr 21, 2015
You people should keep quiet if u don't know what to say. For those of u that were able to login, unless you don't want to be fair with yourselves, you should noticed that the hr people said sometin about 5000 applicants writing the test. Now if sterling said 2619 attempted d test, it means they actually did the test and failed because of their inability to follow simple instruction. The organizers were very wise because once u select an answer, u can't undo it again. So if out of 5000, approximately 50 percent did the test and almost everybody failed the test, it is not good for us to come here and talk nonsense. Well d remaining 50 percent might not be able to login due to no fault of theirs but @ the same time some pple might not be interested again. Let us all take responsibility for our actions.

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by directonpc(m): 7:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
Dr God keep me away from CV writing or any test for job! Bless my hustle for that I can create jobs for others at least 50,000 jobs before I turn 50 Amen

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by realbee(m): 7:22pm On Apr 21, 2015
steppins:

Complaints of failures and losers.
Some of them would still wonder why they're unemployed.
Did you write or know someone who wrote the test? understand a situation before u blame people. Even sterling knows very well their servers were problematic. While i cannot defend those that were able to do the test and failed, most of the applicants were either not able to log in or were not able 2 complete d test. Since sterling wont reschedule the test, they have no choice than to move on. Referring to them as failures is totally wrong. If you are currently employed and you did not taste disappointments during your job search then you are 1 in millions. we all have been down there before. The best thing to do is to advice them to learn from the experience.

3 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by Elxandre(m): 7:25pm On Apr 21, 2015
Ucokezie:
This is crap. Thought it was a scholarship.
Just employ people and stop making them suffer.

Must every thing be CBT?

At least seek JAMB's help
Jamb isn't even close to perfection too.
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by Caliph69: 7:28pm On Apr 21, 2015
tenry:
I used the three browsers available on my PC and phone all to no avail. Those who didn't know what happened can keep judging. 95% of the applicant could not access their portal. The same thing happened during the first stage of the test. I was expecting them to send a message as they did then only to see this tonight. Out of the figure reeled out, majority could not open d test, so it is unfair on the part of sterling bank. Obviously it is their elimination strategy but that was not fair. I wish all the applicant best of luck in their future endeavours.

Thank you. Ignore those here saying whaat they don't know. My sister couldn't take the test cuz of same problem, hoping they will fix it as they did at the first stage. Elimination strategy. Its well!

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by Dzany(m): 7:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
Employ dem jare!.....after all the president elect no get waec pkali! grin

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by onosprince(m): 7:33pm On Apr 21, 2015
kay1one2:

Your mother? !

Your mother way dey do face like monkey way lick lime
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by smilinguy: 7:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
shocked shocked :oI guess this lends credence to the 4% pass rate in the Push CV stuff. This one had 5%.
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by Ahmed3rdjuly: 7:37pm On Apr 21, 2015
Chaaaiiiiiiii dairis Godioooooo
No single Hausa man inside this list.....
This is geopolitical Ojoroooooo. lol ;DChaaaiiiiiiii dairis Godioooooo
No single Hausa man inside this list.....
This is geopolitical Ojoroooooo. lol

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by lamash: 7:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
slimmy05:
grin grin grin grin

Slimmy U still dey write test..kai u don Tey here ooo..remembered u on oda job threads on nl since 2012 or so..wish u all d best
Send me a private message.
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by Mannylex(m): 7:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
emorse:
Well, they probably have the number they need right now but in my opinion, that test was more like a riddle than a test of abilities. From what I heard, they had 20 questions for 20 minutes. How on earth do you expect the test taker to sit back and watch his time tick away (considering slow connections and all) and still stick to an instruction that says he should go through all the questions before answering? What do you really want from these people?

I believe in a challenging environment such as a bank, they should be looking for people who can think on the fly. People who can analyse situations and make logical conclusions to benefit the organisation.

That said, only they really know what they want. If they say they want robots (pardon my choice of metaphor), who am I to argue? Their organisation, their rules! Congratulations to the successful ones. Enjoy your new jobs. (I am assuming all of them will be employed)

The instruction was clear " Answer only this question" meaning out of the 20, they were to answer only 1

2 Likes

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by Joe82834(m): 7:52pm On Apr 21, 2015
pcguru1:

Yeah I failed GTB like 3 times it was depressing everyone wanted me to be a banker till I closed eye and followed my programming. Not everyone's meant for the bank am glad I never passed. Where I work gives me Intense knowledge and irony is the company I work with no Nigerian bank cannot avoiding working with them.
Pls how do I get to apply n even sit for these bank exams.
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by onyinyechika08: 8:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
Anybody dt ansd more than one question would probably fail. D instruction was there. "Answer only this question".
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by taiwotosho22(m): 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
Valendo:
You people should keep quiet if u don't know what to say. For those of u that were able to login, unless you don't want to be fair with yourselves, you should noticed that the hr people said sometin about 5000 applicants writing the test. Now if sterling said 2619 attempted d test, it means they actually did the test and failed because of their inability to follow simple instruction. The organizers were very wise because once u select an answer, u can't undo it again. So if out of 5000, approximately 50 percent did the test and almost everybody failed the test, it is not good for us to come here and talk nonsense. Well d remaining 50 percent might not be able to login due to no fault of theirs but @ the same time some pple might not be interested again. Let us all take responsibility for our actions.
To say the truth, 90% of the candidates could not write the test because of the server problem which I'm one of them. Sterling bank hugely responsible for the test failure.
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by emorse(m): 8:08pm On Apr 21, 2015
Mannylex:

The instruction was clear " Answer only this question" meaning out of the 20, they were to answer only 1

You don't get. it was one question per page i.e a total of twenty pages. It takes time for the pages to load. Meanwhile, the count down timer was steadily at work. Imagine a 20 minute test where you have used up about 9 minutes flipping through only about half the questions without finding any new leads. Its only logical that you would be tempted to use your own discretion. Only people who are "veteran" GMAT takers would still see reasons not to "apply wisdom" I think.
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 21, 2015
Joe82834:

Pls how do I get to apply n even sit for these bank exams.

This was years ago I just sent my resume to GTB email. Am talking about 4 years ago
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by film2(m): 8:41pm On Apr 21, 2015
Before u guys start talking trash just ask anyone that wrote the online test. it was horrible, I followed a friend to the cyber cafe and out of 20 questions only 4 questions appeared till the time elapsed..

1 Like

Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by Nobody: 8:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
answer only one question nd ud have passed.... Nice... I guess its not a test of knowledge but how observant you are....
Re: Sterling Bank Aptitude Test Records Mass Failure by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 21, 2015
What of the total number of the applicant that sat for the interview pass the exams, will all be fully employed... Mtcheee...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Police Force (NPF) Exam - 8 Facts To Take Home / Hilton Worldwide FINESSE Graduate Finance Programme. / Why Millions Of Nigerian Graduates Are Unemployed — FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.