Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) (34366 Views)

Nigeria's 'Michael Jackson' Directs Traffic In Maiduguri / Blackout Hits Lagos International Airport For Over 2 Hours (Photos) / Man Directs Traffic In Abuja After A Hectic Day At The Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
remember007:
I guess you had no where going that's y you stood there monitoring him control the traffic for hours.. btw Op are you the student carrying a school bag at the back ground? undecided undecided

Winshy!!! Were you there

Was waiting for a bus on my way to work
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
ok...

brandymcmb:

The traffic warden strolled in after the guy had cleared the traffic

The traffic started building up again

The guy had to return to assist him
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by kestolove95(m): 4:44pm On Apr 22, 2015
Na b him fault...na jamb cox am
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by omooba969(m): 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
Sign of a failing system ! undecided
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by omooba969(m): 4:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
brandymcmb:

Winshy!!! Were you there

Waiting for hours LIAR !
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by sleekman(m): 4:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hmmm! I directed traffic @tantalizer/Forte Oil junction only to land at Maroko police station because of a very useless woman who rend my shirt cos she was impatient and wasn't allowed to jump d queue to buy fuel on night b4 election. Got to d police station and they were even blaming me for directing traffic. If u know ure ready to serve Christ then go ahead. If uren't then I don't advice it. Otherwise u'll regret it.
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by omooba969(m): 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
sanky346:
Way to go. Our little contribution every now and then will go a long way in bringing us the change we desire as a nation. Selfless community service like this should be encouraged. If twenty youths in a neighborhood can fill up ten portholes in their streets every Saturday it is something. If twenty youths can pick up the litters in their streets every Saturday, it is something. It is bits like these that will build a greater Nigeria for us

It must start wit u sir.
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Apr 22, 2015
brandymcmb:

Winshy!!! Were you there

so ur telling me you had to wait for HOURS to get a bus in such a busy place while he controled d traffic as you indicated? C'mon me give me a break..... am not a hater pls,am just not buying your lies
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by kolomax(m): 6:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
purest21:
of course. job defined is "an economic role for which a person is paid". Oga without remuneration you're not doing job o
then you are wrong...if you can't do something for free then you're qualify to be a good leader
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by tk4rd: 7:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
brandymcmb:
Early this morning there was traffic at stepping stone junction, Satellite Town.

This young civilian was walking by and started directing traffic for hours.

And he did very well.

The CHANGE we are all clamoring for should start with YOU.
In Awka, Anambra State, (Along Zik-Avenue _Old-Road_ Mostly at Amaku-Junction and at times at Parkers Junction), I usually see this disabled civilian that is controlling the dense traffic there.
You read me correctly..
His two legs are so bad, and he usually begs from the motorists while controlling the traffic..
The good news is that he does the traffic controlling so well, and with passion..
The bad news is that, for all these years he had been controlling the traffic and begging at same time, government have never recognised him.
I will video him soon, and make a good story out of it and upload it..
I may have to make a photostory of him too and post it here on Nairaland..
He is a hidden hero.

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by denedene(m): 7:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
i did it while travelling to warri from port Harcourt.. there was a massive hold up when we got to Bayelsa, me n my frnds came down and controlled for like four hours. Nigerian drivers no de hear word for highway, police,mopol and army all assisted but once their cars are through, they jumped on the back of d van n leave us with a smile,wave and encouragement. it was an awesome experience although heavy rain fell, we stood under and i got to warri late in d night, cold catch me gaan

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by Kizyte(m): 7:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
What a risk! Controlling the traffic with a dark shirt

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by emmykk(m): 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
buygala:
Ok

SO NA OP BE THE TRAFFIC WARDEN embarassed

NICE ADVERT OP smiley

*modified

Anyway

Kudos to the dude for engaging in such selfless service smiley

And kudos to the op for standing around for hours, just taking pishures of the Good Samaritan embarassed

And kudos to me for not thinking that this is all staged in order to gain cheap popularity for the young man embarassed
kudoes to me for reading your that tryto fall the self-acclaimed good samaritan

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by lexy2014: 8:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
Habayomie:
jobless indeed
hmmm...u ar right.but this "jobless" boy was able †☺ make life easy FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ several car owners who wouldn't have let their pride allow traffic flow easilymyes joblees he is but while he was on d middle of that road very car owner obeyed his gestures.so "employed guy",except u didn't notice its d "jobless" boy that bcame news not u

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by lexy2014: 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
[quote author=Tic4tac post=32992899]Good...buh na joblessness cause this undecided ...

@op self no get work ;]hmmm...u ar right.but this "jobless" boy was able †☺ make life easy FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ several car owners who wouldn't have let their pride allow traffic flow easily.yes joblees he is but while he was on d middle of that road every car owner obeyed his gestures.so "employed guy",except u didn't notice its d "jobless" boy that bcame news not u
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by lexy2014: 8:05pm On Apr 22, 2015
Tic4tac:
Good...buh na joblessness cause this undecided ...

@op self no get work grin
]hmmm...u ar right.but this "jobless" boy was able †☺ make life easy FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ several car owners who wouldn't have let their pride allow traffic flow easily.yes joblees he is but while he was on d middle of that road every car owner obeyed his gestures.so "employed guy",except u didn't notice its d "jobless" boy that bcame news not u
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
remember007:
so ur telling me you had to wait for HOURS to get a bus in such a busy place while he controled d traffic as you indicated? C'mon me give me a break..... am not a hater pls,am just not buying your lies

Madam,i stood there for over 30mins
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by paix(m): 9:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
After all, this one is even better than trekking from Lagos to Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
tk4rd:
In Awka, Anambra State, (Along Zik-Avenue _Old-Road_ Mostly at Amaku-Junction and at times at Parkers Junction), I usually see this disabled civilian that is controlling the dense traffic there.
You read me correctly..
His two legs are so bad, and he usually begs from the motorists while controlling the traffic..
The good news is that he does the traffic controlling so well, and with passion..
The bad news is that, for all these years he had been controlling the traffic and begging at same time, government have never recognised him.
I will video him soon, and make a good story out of it and upload it..
I may have to make a photostory of him too and post it here on Nairaland..
He is a hidden hero.

That's touching
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by AfricanApple(f): 9:30pm On Apr 22, 2015
Preyze:
. Chai!! Nigerians sha and their methods of reasoning....
undecided undecided Ghanaians and their methods of commenting

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by darepoju(m): 11:19pm On Apr 22, 2015
PassingShot:
A selfless and patriotic citizen.

Let the FRSC or the NPF employ him.
may be u too should be selfless ...

make him better write jamb enter school... cos by dat time of the day hr supposed dey for lecturess

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by Mattin(m): 11:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
God bless the young patriotic dude!

A lot of kids with lot of heresy, abusive and shallow comments on Nairaland these days.
No wonder the wise and matured ones keep mute these days. I remember when reading great and insightful comments on this forum was the order of the day!
Where art thy past glory?
O ye nairaland!

2 Likes

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by purest21(m): 12:19am On Apr 23, 2015
kolomax:
then you are wrong...if you can't do something for free then you're qualify to be a good leader
You mean I'm not qualified to be a leader? I just corrected you guy for saying that something done without being paid is a job. You can call it anything but not job cos job must carry remuneration.

Then as for leadership.. if the leadership involves job eg, presidency, Senate leader, governors, school v.c, principals etc, Bro you're not an alien. One must get paid for job done as a leader.
But if your leadership is a volunteer, you'd had known what you went in for. Eg, Church youth leader, PTA chairman, etc (NB: even the parish committee chairman at churches get paid for job done as a leader)

so don't ever quote leadership when you know nothing about leadership. no leadership skill ever involved not collecting money when actually job was done. you might as well tell those Generals leading the boko haram war at North East that they are bad leaders since they collect money. Mtshew Smh
some people sef..

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 23, 2015
brandymcmb:

Madam,i stood there for over 30mins

oh Dats okay..... but next time don't over exaggerate issues cos u said HOURS....it would ve been better if you said for the 30 minutes that you were there..... cheers!!

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by Bigdreams(m): 7:35am On Apr 23, 2015
The change begins with us as individuals

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by Cityguy: 8:30am On Apr 23, 2015
Really impressed. This is selfless and I see him rewarded soon. Doing good or bad attracts reward- that's the rule.

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by simplicity23(f): 9:19am On Apr 23, 2015
Nigeria needs this type of people

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 23, 2015
Kizyte:
What a risk! Controlling the traffic with a dark shirt
should I still be xpecting your mail or not. In case this is mine beyucmoney at outlook.com replace at with @ .

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 23, 2015
remember007:
oh Dats okay..... but next time don't over exaggerate issues cos u said HOURS....it would ve been better if you said for the 30 minutes that you were there..... cheers!!

Ok ma,have a nice day
Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by BornnAgainChild(f): 12:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
His a typical example of a leader of Tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Young Civilian Directs Traffic For Hours...(photos) by julius2825(m): 11:46pm On Sep 01, 2015
brandymcmb:
After hours, the road is finally free
from oriade lcda stepping stone

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Plunges Car Into Swamp In Bayelsa And Dies Instantly (photo) / See How Much It Cost To Commute Around Lagos Using Ferries / My Experience Of Racism In America, What Africans Can Learn From It- Aroms Aigbe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.