Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,312 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

[b]Mysterious Tribe's Island(PHOTOS)[b/] - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / [b]Mysterious Tribe's Island(PHOTOS)[b/] (2035 Views)

Prison Bus Reportedly Crashes Into Multiple Vehicles In Victoria Island. Photos / Zuma Rock: Residents Panic Over Mysterious Explosion / Mysterious Facts, Incidents, And Disappearances That Still Remain Unexplained. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[b]Mysterious Tribe's Island(PHOTOS)[b/] by buoye1(m): 1:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
From the sky it appears to be an idyllic island with
amazing beaches and a dense forest, but tourists or
fishermen don’t dare to step foot on this outcrop in
the Indian Ocean due to its inhabitants’ fearsome
reputation.
Visitors who venture onto or too close to North
Sentinel Island risk being attacked by members of a
mysterious tribe who have rejected modern
civilisation and prefer to have zero contact with the
outside world.
When they do interact with outsiders, it usually violence- the indigenous sentinelese tribe killed two men who re fishing illegally in 2006 and have been known to fling arrows and rock to low flying planes and helicopters on reconniassance missions.
Located in the Bay of Bengal, North Sentinel Island
belongs to India and remains an enigma, despite
being populated for an estimated 60,000 years.
Untouched by modern civilisation, very little is known
about the Sentinelese people, their language, their
rituals and the island they call home.

It is too dangerous to approach them due to their
hostility to outsiders, meaning they are rarely
photographed up close and almost never seen on
video. Most of the photos and video clips that do
exist are of poor quality.
There are also conflicting reports on the tribe’s
population, with most estimates putting it in the
range of a few dozen to a few hundred.
It’s still unclear what impact the 2004 tsunami had on the population and the island,which is part of chain of indian's Adanmand island,although the uncontacted tribe managed from being wiped out. After the tsunami one member of the island was photographed trying to fire an arrow at a indian coast gaurd helicopter

Source: http:///YxHqNrHsdb (dialymailtravel)

Re: [b]Mysterious Tribe's Island(PHOTOS)[b/] by Habayomie(m): 1:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
i,'ll lend you a canon camera.....captures HD pictures from very far distances.
to support your story next time grin
Re: [b]Mysterious Tribe's Island(PHOTOS)[b/] by buoye1(m): 1:32pm On Apr 22, 2015
Habayomie:
i,'ll lend you a canon camera.....captures HD pictures from very far distances.
to support your story next time grin
See your life!you didn't allow me finish the thread neither did check my source.....I ll not want to insult you bro pls be matured
Re: [b]Mysterious Tribe's Island(PHOTOS)[b/] by Habayomie(m): 1:47pm On Apr 22, 2015
buoye1:
See your life!you didn't allow me finish the thread neither did check my source.....I ll not want to insult you bro pls be matured
HD pictures.......grin
Re: [b]Mysterious Tribe's Island(PHOTOS)[b/] by 19naia(m): 4:24am On Apr 23, 2015
They are the most black african looking people in that area.. They look just like africans of west africa today... How did africans get there so long ago? Maybe they were dropped off or ship wrecked during the slave trade days or maybe dropped off by the chinese who have been sailing the oceans over 10thousand years even before europeans arived in west africa...

Thats another picture i took from an online gallery..

I believe there is a lost history of chinese/Asian contact with west africa even before the first europeans arrived...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: [b]Mysterious Tribe's Island(PHOTOS)[b/] by Bifwoli: 4:43am On Apr 23, 2015
They look like Yorubas or the may be they're the ancestors of Yorubas.
Re: [b]Mysterious Tribe's Island(PHOTOS)[b/] by buoye1(m): 8:55am On Apr 23, 2015
Who knows you may be right
Re: [b]Mysterious Tribe's Island(PHOTOS)[b/] by Psalmwise(m): 9:08am On Apr 23, 2015
chai see dat babe on d right

(1) (Reply)

Transiting Tru France To Lima,peru / About Dubai, Qatar And Kuwait / Young Girl Crushed To Death By A Trailer In Anambra Community. Graphic Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.