Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,605 members, 7,827,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Working For God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Working For God (518 Views)

Please Help Me For God Sake / Stephen Curry's Shoes Reach Millions For God As Nike's Miss, Cost Them Billions / Googling For God. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Working For God by cosiocan(m): 1:54pm On Apr 22, 2015
WORKING FOR GOD
Then they said to Him, “what shall we do that we may work the works of God?” Jesus answered and said to them, “this is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent” (John 6:28) And “God having raised up his servant Jesus Christ, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from your iniquities (Acts 3:26). For God did not send another person of the God Head as you supposed (because there is no other person of the God Head). But because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts crying out, “Abba, father!” (Galatian 4:6). The Holy Spirit cries out “Abba, Father!” because He is the Christ the Son of the living God, even as the Lord Jesus Christ cried in (Mark 14:36) saying, Abba, Father!, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me”.
Nevertheless, this is the doctrine of Paul the Apostle of Christ which he wrote to his son Timothy, “For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus”. (1 Timothy 2:5). Hence the Holy Ghost is the Spirit of God the father and his son Jesus Christ, because God bear witness to Jesus Christ through a voice from heaven, saying, this is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. (Matthew 3:17) and yet it was written of him, “when as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost” (Matthew 1:cool. Therefore God the Father is the Person of the Holy Ghost in Christ Jesus.
Moreover, this is the witness of God which He has testified of his son; “God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life, he who does not have the Son of God does not have life” (1 John 5:11-12) and the Lord Jesus Christ teaches, “And this is eternal life, that they may know him, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom God have sent” (John 17:3). Hereby we know that the Son of God abides in us, we know it by the Holy Spirit whom he has given us (1 John 3:24). Therefore he that is joined unto the Lord Jesus Christ is one Spirit with the Lord but if any man have not the Spirit of Christ he is not of the lord (Romans 8:9), because the Lord Jesus Christ is the Person of the Holy Spirit in all the saints. For through Him we both have access by one spirit unto the father (Ephesian 2:18). Therefore if we are in the Spirit of Christ, let us also walk in that Spirit. Being mindful that our Lord Jesus Christ (who is the Word of God) is that Holy spirit and always desiring the sincere milk of the word of God, that we may grow thereby (1 peter 2:2).
Meanwhile, the world cannot receive the Holy Spirit, even as the Lord Jesus Christ promised; “if you love me, keep my commandment and I will pray the father and he will give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever. The Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him” (John 14:15-17) that is to say, the world cannot receive the holy spirit because of the blindness of their hearts. Even as it is written “for he (Satan or the serpent) has shut their eyes, that they cannot see, and their heart that they cannot understand. And no one considers in his heart. Nor is there knowledge or understanding in them” (Isaiah 44:18-19). But when a man turn to the Lord Jesus Christ, this blindness is done away with, because the lord Jesus Christ is that Holy Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty. (2 Corinthians 3:17).

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Modern Day Miracle / Praying Wonder-working Prayers / (evidence) Is God Male Or Female?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.