Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,900 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (801892 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 02, 2017
I paid 30k for 32 pages and applied since December. There's scarcity of booklets according to the officials.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 5:27pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ok dear, thanks.
jumman:
I paid 30k for 32 pages and applied since December. There's scarcity of booklets according to the officials.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Psalt(f): 10:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
@Edoblakky, Yu kno dos pple ar kinda funny, one has to inform dem abt d update so dey wont judge based on d abt to expire study permit n end up seeing no reasin to give a one month work permit to a wife whose hubby's study permit is abt to expire. By d way, reapplying isn't an option. Funny you, why will i get d work permit and not use it... God will do it soonest. Thanks for ur response.
Edoblakky:
Psalt, I'll strongly advise that you do not reapply. Let them process your work permit but ensure that you travel before it expires. Once you are in Canada, you can apply for a renew which takes less than a month to obtain. But if you intend to travel after March 2017 then, your only option will be to reapply now and have a long wait.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jpepper: 4:55pm On Feb 03, 2017
Psalt:
@Edoblakky, Yu kno dos pple ar kinda funny, one has to inform dem abt d update so dey wont judge based on d abt to expire study permit n end up seeing no reasin to give a one month work permit to a wife whose hubby's study permit is abt to expire. By d way, reapplying isn't an option. Funny you, why will i get d work permit and not use it... God will do it soonest. Thanks for ur response.

I understand your concern, you can update if you wish; but I believe CIC has the updated information on your husband's status, they have his records and will not rely on the information you have provided without verifying from their records. I am pretty sure they will see that your husband's permit has been extended

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by justicia: 1:57am On Feb 04, 2017
VEIL1234:
Yes, but I noticed I got three seperate text messages with all our tracking numbers and three separate e-mails too. Just wondering. I tried to link mine yesterday but was told there was no info yet about me yet, so I figured it was because I just submmited. Mayb I will just wait till I can link and see what it has for me. Thank you.
Hi. I didnt get any email and text message after submitting my application. Although I got the yellow receipt which has the tracking no. i have asked here before but no answered. I hope there is nothing wrong.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Dannylng(m): 2:22am On Feb 04, 2017
VEIL1234:
But wait, must you print out your statement in PH? I thought It can be done from any of the bank's branch? Sorry on the passport stress it will end in praise amen!

It's my sponsor statement and he lives in ph
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 04, 2017
Please how do I get to the vsf centre, please some one give me address taking a bus not driving.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kc4all: 8:27am On Feb 04, 2017
[quote author=justicia post=53398978] Hi. I didnt get any email and text message after submitting my application. Although I got the yellow receipt which has the tracking no. i have asked here before but no answered. I hope there is nothing wrong. [/q

@justicia check very well, if you summit via paper route you must surely receive Sms and email notification about your application the same day your application was submitted. How will you then receive medical email if you did not get any email notification, i will advice you link you paper application online, so you can have control over your application.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 9:26am On Feb 04, 2017
Please how do I get to vsf
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kc4all: 10:17am On Feb 04, 2017
jumman:
Please how do I get to vsf

where are you coming from?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 04, 2017
ISOLO lagos
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kc4all: 9:00am On Feb 05, 2017
jumman:
ISOLO lagos

Let me start from oshodi, take a bus going to CMS, then from CMS take a bus going to Ajah and tell the bus conductor to stop you at Third Roundabout Lekki. Cross to the other lane and walk toward the street opposite the round about and look for Manor Hall. Good luck

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 9:45am On Feb 05, 2017
Thanks, God bless you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by justicia: 7:43pm On Feb 05, 2017
@kc4all, I tried to link my app online yesterday but no app was found. Thats quite strange cos it's been over 1 month since I submitted. @Veil1234 have you linked yours? Anyways I had called vfsglobal before and they confirmed that my app is still under processing... they also confirmed my email address as correct, so i wonder why I didn't get acknowledgment email after submission... anyways fingers crossed.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Edoblakky(m): 2:23am On Feb 06, 2017
Thank God and everyone on this thread. My wife's application has been approved.
I pray for all waiting: your approval mail will not be denied. You shall have it quicker than expected in Jesus name. Amen!!!

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 7:54am On Feb 06, 2017
congrats. I am new on the SOWP thread. I will like to knw the process of applying for the SOWP, the documents i will need and the minimum fund required by cic for the SOWP? Thanks
Edoblakky:
I pray for all waiting: your approval mail will not be denied. You shall have it quicker than expected in Jesus name. Amen!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 8:03am On Feb 06, 2017
Does CIC require a certain amount of funds for the SOWP? is the form for Open work permit different from that of SOWP? I am asking because i saw somewhere they were asking for proof that you meet the requirements of the job? i just want to be sure i am on the right page
Gymme:
Basically, the most important document is your spouse permit in Canada (Study permit or Post Graduate Work Permit). As in PGWP, they require your spouse to have a job in NOC Level O, A or B to qualify.

Other required documents are your international passport, photograph and IMM form.

You would need to provide a LOE where you could include your spouse issued permit (Study or Work), your marriage certificate, wedding pictures etc to prove your relationship.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kc4all: 12:57pm On Feb 06, 2017
justicia:
@kc4all, I tried to link my app online yesterday but no app was found. Thats quite strange cos it's been over 1 month since I submitted. @Veil1234 have you linked yours? Anyways I had called vfsglobal before and they confirmed that my app is still under processing... they also confirmed my email address as correct, so i wonder why I didn't get acknowledgment email after submission... anyways fingers crossed.

Try again and make sure all the information required are correct as stated in your application. As soon as you get it correct it will surely link.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 06, 2017
Pls I need help, my hubby applied for me and my 5 year old daughter, open work permit for me and visit visa for my daughter but on getting to vfs I was told we were supposed to fill out open study for my daughter instead of the visit. Please how do I effect the change for her.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by yettyopy(f): 2:55pm On Feb 06, 2017
jumman:
Pls I need help, my hubby applied for me and my 5 year old daughter, open work permit for me and visit visa for my daughter but on getting to vfs I was told we were supposed to fill out open study for my daughter instead of the visit. Please how do I effect the change for her.

@jumman have you submitted already? if not there is a cafe inside the same compound with vfs. they will print the form and fill it for u
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 06, 2017
Oh thanks a lot @yettyopy.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 8:26pm On Feb 06, 2017
SOWP is just a type of Open Work Permit and not a different, specific application form called SOWP. To apply for your spouse, your status in Canada is needed (Student or Worker?) majorly. As such, they want a proof of your status in Canada. If you are a student, you only need to provide your study permit but if you are a work, you need to provide your work permit and documents proving that you meet the requirements of the job (you are doing in Canada) in NOC O, A or B.

As per funds, there is no specified amount on the CIC website but people usually use their discretion. However, if you are a worker in Canada, you could provide your previous (3 or more) payslips. That is what i did and required by CIC for workers.

iamosamede55:
Does CIC require a certain amount of funds for the SOWP? is the form for Open work permit different from that of SOWP? I am asking because i saw somewhere they were asking for proof that you meet the requirements of the job? i just want to be sure i am on the right page
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 10:44pm On Feb 06, 2017
Oh Praise God! I am happy for u guys. I tap into this testimony!
Edoblakky:

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 10:48pm On Feb 06, 2017
@ Jumman, It's the same study permit form adults use. I will advise you try to fill it yourself before u arrive vfs if you haven't. I had challenges downloading it for my five year old daughter and casually worked into one of the biz centres and after filling it I was charged 5k. I talked and talked and eventually paid 3k.

jumman:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 1:30am On Feb 07, 2017
Gymme:
SOWP is just a type of Open Work Permit and not a different, specific application form called SOWP. To apply for your spouse, your status in Canada is needed (Student or Worker?) majorly. As such, they want a proof of your status in Canada. If you are a student, you only need to provide your study permit but if you are a work, you need to provide your work permit and documents proving that you meet the requirements of the job (you are doing in Canada) in NOC O, A or B.

As per funds, there is no specified amount on the CIC website but people usually use their discretion. However, if you are a worker in Canada, you could provide your previous (3 or more) payslips. That is what i did and required by CIC for workers.

Thank you very much. I am a student
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 1:57am On Feb 07, 2017
So you can just ignore those documents you can't provide.

iamosamede55:

Thank you very much. I am a student
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
Jumman: Biometrics Feb 7 (paper route)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 2:26pm On Feb 07, 2017
1. bosypumping : biometrics may 18,upfront Medicals
2. Boladan : biometrics June 7
3. Mbogi : biometrics july1
4.Housewife1 : biometrics July 8, upfront Medicals
5.Ruth 222: biometrics July 8, upfront Medicals
6. Jpepper : biometrics August 3,
7. kasco2pro : biometrics August 16, upfront Medicals
8.ceekoneal: biometrics August 28,
9.Ell707: biometrics September 21 ,
10.Taimie : biometrics October 10,
11.Bioben: biometrics October 12
12.Toluberry: biometrics October 17, Medicals passed
13.Justicia: biometrics December 29,(paper route)
14. Kc4all: biometrics January 13,(paper route)
15.Jumman:biometrics February 7 (paper route)
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mrtoke: 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hi everyone here, I just got approved for a study visa at uofg, I was only engaged when I was filling my online application and I filled it as such, just early last year, I got married, gurus in the house, is there any way I can update my new marital status now that I've been approved?
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sevenody: 5:22pm On Feb 07, 2017
Guys, pls who submitted an sowp application recently. How much is the application fee? Then study permit for minor?
My hubby needs to there tomorrow
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 07, 2017
I paid a total of 127,760 for open work permit for me and study permit for one minor, inclusive of service charge and sms

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 07, 2017
@sevenody 79,620 for me inclusive of visa fee, biometrics, SMS and collection fee. 48,140 for my daughter inclusive of visa fee, service charge, SMS and collection making total of 127,760.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: Gbenag2000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.