Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (804849 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Erudensi(f): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2021
Dear fam, please still expecting more responses.
kindly advise I submitted my husband's application on the 10th of October and biometrics completed on the 13th of October and till now nothing nothing. Will it be advisable to send a mail to them and how do I go about it cos our intention is to travel together by January.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cynk: 8:28pm On Nov 22, 2021
if you dont get it, send a mail. mine didnt come neither did counterfoil drop and it was over 10 days after my passport had come back. i wrote them and both dropped 30mins after d mail with a mail apologising for the delay.

adeeeeeeeee:
Hello house,

Please how long does it take to receive letter of introduction after passport stamping?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by HERSLEY(f): 11:58pm On Nov 22, 2021
Stonehenge83:
They just sent me a medical request form to be done within 30 days. How do I beat the queue please guys help out?
Abeg o my people, good morning, I saw an update on my account this morning, by the time I checked it, I noticed that they've removed medical passed and every other things remained the same. What could that mean? Although I think my medical has expired cos I did upfront medical October last year when my wife was applying for study permit. Am I safe?
Hi dear... Please when is ur application submission date?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 3:15am On Nov 23, 2021
April 29th.
HERSLEY:
Hi dear... Please when is ur application submission date?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by KingKitchener1: 5:28am On Nov 23, 2021
To God be the glory, PPR finally dropped .
SOWP , 2 SPs and a Visitor visa.
Online application submitted 15th May
Medical Passed: 19th May
Eligibility Review started :5th September
PPR: 22nd Nov.
This requires lot of patience and of course prayers.
I pray that as many that are awaiting PPRs for thier families., they shall come very soon by the special grace of God. Thanks to my Nairaland family, you guys are awesome. Special thanks to my brother and friend, Akannitommy for his supports.

18 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by UnyimeOcean: 5:57am On Nov 23, 2021
Congratulations

KingKitchener1:
I pray that as many that are awaiting PPRs for thier families., they shall come very soon by the special grace of God. Thanks to my Nairaland family, you guys are awesome. Special thanks to my brother and friend, Akannitommy for his supports.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Stonehenge83: 8:01am On Nov 23, 2021
Congratulations
KingKitchener1:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Reseptie: 8:49am On Nov 23, 2021
A big congratulations to you and your family.

KingKitchener1:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Reseptie: 10:36am On Nov 23, 2021
Its PPRRRRRR OOOO

Thank you Jesus, oh thank you Jesus.

I applied for SOWP for myself and Visitor's visa for my son , submitted when my spouse was still in Nigeria and he left for Canada August. Even though, I read on here to wait till he gets to Canada but i just did not want to take chances and backed it up with prayers,trust me i got tired most of the time because of the wait. Anyhoo... God has done it oooooh.

The week my spouse travelled, he sent me his study permit and i uploaded it for myself and my son via webform and also via email. After submission on the 1st of June, when my spouse got to Canada in August i added the following docs:

SIN

Study Permit

Timeline

June 1st Application Submitted (Mine and son)
June 4th Upfront medical updated (upfront medical)
November 19th. IRCC requested for additional docs (Birth Cert for my son and consent letter from his Dad to allow him travel with me)
November 23rd: BVL and PPR (was sent about 20mins apart)

Documents submitted

All IMM forms

Explanation letter for me

Letter of support from my spouse written separately for me and my son

Spouse stamped visa

Spouse 1st semester transcript/result

Marriage certs and some family pictures

Statement of account

Investment account

Admission letter for my spouse

Evidence of full tuition paid for my spouse

Son's birth cert

Letter from employer and pay slips

Medical slip (Updated medical)

Copies of our international passports, previous/current travel visas

Police clearance cert

My academic credentials

Resume

News paper publication for name change

Requested for 1st GCMS note in August received on the 30th of October in that GCMS note eligibility was blank, medical and criminality passed while my info sharing was still in progress

Second GCMS on the 27th of October yet to receive it

IRCC requested for consent letter and birth certificate for my son 19th of November ,sent same day

Eligibility review started for my son and I on the 19th of November

Sent all sorts of emails and enquiries contacted a couple of MPs (Kitchener and London Ontario sent enquiries to IRCC on our behalf too).The MP in London ,Ontario contacted IRCC for us in October and they came back to say they would finalize our application in January 2022 ,I said abi they were joking ni, well instead of getting mad at the messenger sebi na help he kuku do me. I took the response and processing time he mentioned to Jesus.

Before then, i requested for travel exemption for my son and I got an authorisation as per subject of the email in September 2021 for my son only. In the course of this application, i also renewed my Nigerian Passport because the one i applied with was meant to expire January 2022, after the renewal i updated it with a webform.

If your spouse has a Study TRV for now abeg apply ooooooooo ,i did and God did it for me and my son, he will do yours too.Waiting on God to come through was not easy, i was strong and weak at the same, seeing people share their testimonies here i did wonder when mine would land ,finally it has landed and i just want to say thank you to Abba Father.

I am writing this to encourage my peeps that are waiting because our peeps that shared their Sowp journey also encouraged me while I waited for mine. I would not say you should not worry cause arghh mo worry gan ni but try not to worry too much which I know is easier said than done and I prayed, I stopped praying and I continued praying again,God i prayedddddddddd .(KO FUNNY RARA)

It ended in praise and the lord crowned us with his goodness.

16 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 11:52am On Nov 23, 2021
A big congratulations
For receiving mercy
Canada Will favor you

quote author=Reseptie post=107883315]Its PPRRRRRR OOOO

I applied for SOWP for myself and Visitor's visa for my 8-year old, submitted on the 1st of June when my spouse was still in Nigeria and he left for Canada on the 29th of August. Even though, I read on here to wait till he gets to Canada but i just did not want to take chances and backed it up with prayers,trust me i got tired most of the time because of the wait. Anyhoo... God has done it oooooh.

The week my spouse travelled, he sent me his study permit and i uploaded it for myself and my son via webform and also via email. After submission on the 1st of June, when my spouse got to Canada in August i added the following docs:

SIN

Study Permit

Timeline

November 19th. IRCC requested for additional docs (Birth Cert for my son and consent letter from his Dad to allow him travel with me)

Documents submitted

All IMM forms

Spouse stamped visa

Statement of account

Investment account

Son's birth cert

Police clearance cert

My academic credentials

Resume

Requested for 1st GCMS note in August received on the 30th of October in that GCMS note eligibility was blank, medical and criminality passed while my info sharing was still in progress

IRCC requested for consent letter and birth certificate for my son 19th of November ,sent same day

Sent all sorts of emails and enquiries contacted a couple of MPs (Kitchener and London Ontario sent enquiries to IRCC on our behalf too).The MP in London ,Ontario contacted IRCC for us in October and they came back to say they would finalize our application in January 2022 ,I said abi they were joking ni, well instead of getting mad at the messenger sebi na help he kuku do me. I took the response and processing time he mentioned to Jesus.

Before then, i requested for travel exemption for my son and I got an authorisation as per subject of the email in September 2021 for my son only. In the course of this application, i also renewed my Nigerian Passport because the one i applied with was meant to expire January 2022, after the renewal i updated it with a webform.

If your spouse has a Study TRV for now abeg apply ooooooooo ,i did and God did it for me and my son, he will do yours too.Waiting on God to come through was not easy, i was strong and weak at the same, seeing people share their testimonies here i did wonder when mine would land ,finally it has landed and i just want to say thank you to Abba Father.

I am writing this to encourage my peeps that are waiting because our peeps that shared their Sowp journey also encouraged me while I waited for mine. I would not say you should not worry cause arghh mo worry gan ni but try not to worry too much which I know is easier said than done and I prayed, I stopped praying and I continued praying again,God i prayedddddddddd .(KO FUNNY RARA)

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Oni22: 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2021
Congratulations once again my sister. It’s me from WhatsApp. This news has given me so much joy and encouragement. May Canada favour you and your household in Jesus name. Amen

Reseptie:
Its PPRRRRRR OOOO

I applied for SOWP for myself and Visitor's visa for my 8-year old, submitted on the 1st of June when my spouse was still in Nigeria and he left for Canada on the 29th of August. Even though, I read on here to wait till he gets to Canada but i just did not want to take chances and backed it up with prayers,trust me i got tired most of the time because of the wait. Anyhoo... God has done it oooooh.

SIN

Study Permit

Timeline

Documents submitted

All IMM forms

Spouse stamped visa

Statement of account

Investment account

Son's birth cert

Police clearance cert

My academic credentials

Resume

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Marh: 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2021
Congratulations

I pray that as many that are awaiting PPRs for thier families., they shall come very soon by the special grace of God. Thanks to my Nairaland family, you guys are awesome. Special thanks to my brother and friend, Akannitommy for his supports.[/quote]

6 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 2:07pm On Nov 23, 2021
Congratulations!!!!

KingKitchener1:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by babybless44: 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hey father!
Congratulations to you. Seeing PPR alerts alone makes me happy.

Reseptie:
Its PPRRRRRR OOOO

SIN

Study Permit

Timeline

Documents submitted

All IMM forms

Spouse stamped visa

Statement of account

Investment account

Son's birth cert

Police clearance cert

My academic credentials

Resume

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 5:04pm On Nov 23, 2021
Congrats once again bro!

Marh:
Congratulations

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Akannitommy: 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2021
Again, Congratulations!

KingKitchener1:
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2021
Hunnnn

On checking processing time today i saw something unbelievable, a processing time of 87 weeks

But I think this is applicable to mostly closed work permit since they are already responding to Open work permit

It is well o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 9:52pm On Nov 23, 2021
whats funny is that the open work permits they are attending to always have an attached application to it. i really have not seen any stand alone PPR yet. and that processing time when i saw it i realised just how rude IRCC is �. i done tiya

Anndav:
Hunnnn

On checking processing time today i saw something unbelievable, a processing time of 87 weeks

But I think this is applicable to mostly closed work permit since they are already responding to Open work permit

It is well o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2021
Tired ....is an understatement
That processing time is a rude shock

Maybe just maybe ...it will rapidly come down because i no some health care worker ( nurses ) who submitted application since February 2020 ....when they start attending to..... the application things will move fast rapidly

Let's keep praying and believing God because its only God who can bring us out if this dilemma...of serious backlog that TRV / PR application is

At least it looks like someone is trying to be truthful about processing time and not that fake and falsehood of the previous processing time..... making someone feel that something more than IRCC 'S incompetent is the problem

I will advise we just find someone productive doing to keep busy

Definitely it will end in praise

sam4774:
whats funny is that the open work permits they are attending to always have an attached application to it. i really have not seen any stand alone PPR yet. and that processing time when i saw it i realised just how rude IRCC is �. i done tiya

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ifychybrian: 4:49am On Nov 24, 2021
Am really believing God that everything will work out well,Applied 8th of October did biometrics on 20th of October and upfront medical on21th. Checked my account on 22nd of November eligibility review has started then on 23rd of November they sent me medical requests.NOTE I applied for SOWP and 3 study permit for my kids and i am believing God for my PPR soon

15 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Reseptie: 8:35am On Nov 24, 2021
@Oni22 Thank you so much my sis .Thank you for checking on me from time to time and making the wait easy.Yours will be loud ooooooo,sooner than expected.

Oni22:
Congratulations once again my sister. It’s me from WhatsApp. This news has given me so much joy and encouragement. May Canada favour you and your household in Jesus name. Amen

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Reseptie: 8:38am On Nov 24, 2021
@ Anndav If only you understand how encouraging you are on this platform eh... Thank you so much ,i am rooting for you that your approval land veryyyy sooon in Jesus name.Do keep the faith alive, it will end in great joy for you and yours.
Anndav:

A big congratulations
For receiving mercy
Canada Will favor you

quote author=Reseptie post=107883315]Its PPRRRRRR OOOO

SIN

Study Permit

Timeline

Documents submitted

All IMM forms

Spouse stamped visa

Statement of account

Investment account

Son's birth cert

Police clearance cert

My academic credentials

Resume

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Reseptie: 8:41am On Nov 24, 2021
@ babybless44 Thank you so much ,yours will come sooooooon .Cant wait to celebrate with you.
babybless44:
Hey father!
Congratulations to you. Seeing PPR alerts alone makes me happy.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 8:51am On Nov 24, 2021
Reseptie:
Its PPRRRRRR OOOO

SIN

Study Permit

Timeline

Documents submitted

All IMM forms

Spouse stamped visa

Statement of account

Investment account

Son's birth cert

Police clearance cert

My academic credentials

Resume

I love this ... congratulations.....there is hope for the rest of us...they have started giving it in mass then
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by corleone427: 8:53am On Nov 24, 2021
ifychybrian:
Am really believing God that everything will work out well,Applied 8th of October did biometrics on 20th of October and upfront medical on21th. Checked my account on 22nd of November eligibility review has started then on 23rd of November they sent me medical requests.NOTE I applied for SOWP and 3 study permit for my kids and i am believing God for my PPR soon

You will get it....we will all get it....been waiting for mine since April...but seeing good news of people getting is really encouraging and strengthening.....may God hear us all

4 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 10:30am On Nov 24, 2021
Amen ooooooo
And God will do urs too and give you joy in ur next phase of life

Reseptie:
@ Anndav If only you understand how encouraging you are on this platform eh... Thank you so much ,i am rooting for you that your approval land veryyyy sooon in Jesus name.Do keep the faith alive, it will end in great joy for you and yours.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by blcoolfemol: 2:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
Alhamdulilah Robil Alameen. To God will always be the glory. At last, after eleven months of waiting, PPR finally dropped today for SOWP and visitor. No thanks to IRCC (lol). The office of my MP has been so helpful and supportive, I kept on pestering her.

Please for those that got PPR recently, how did you submit your passports, physical or courier service and what are the documents submitted?

Biko nu

11 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Awas: 2:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
ifychybrian:

Thats great new!!!! did you use an agent ? please i sent you a PM. I applied around the same time.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ifychybrian: 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
Awas:

Thats great new!!!! did you use an agent ? please i sent you a PM. I applied around the same time.
No I didn't
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ifychybrian: 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
corleone427:

You will get it....we will all get it....been waiting for mine since April...but seeing good news of people getting is really encouraging and strengthening.....may God hear us all
Amen oo and God will see us tru
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sweetness24: 5:22pm On Nov 24, 2021
Congratulations to you
Reseptie:
Its PPRRRRRR OOOO

I applied for SOWP for myself and Visitor's visa for my son , submitted when my spouse was still in Nigeria and he left for Canada August. Even though, I read on here to wait till he gets to Canada but i just did not want to take chances and backed it up with prayers,trust me i got tired most of the time because of the wait. Anyhoo... God has done it oooooh.

SIN

Study Permit

Timeline

Documents submitted

All IMM forms

Spouse stamped visa

Statement of account

Investment account

Son's birth cert

Police clearance cert

My academic credentials

Resume

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Awas: 6:16pm On Nov 24, 2021
ifychybrian:
No I didn't

You applied from nigeria ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.