Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,348 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (802095 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 4:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
MsJanez01:
God has done it!!!!! Husband's VV approved after a rejection in Janaury. Reapplied 3days after and approval just came in
Congratulations MsJanez01. This is a wonderful news, I am so happy for you.

You have left me with this IRCC people. cry
So you reapplied for VV after the rejection? I thought you applied for SOWP.

What was the reason for the first rejection and how did you tackle it?

I am preparing my mind for anything, My husband's vsiting visa is still pending decision, 3months and counting now.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Iffylove: 5:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
Hi, It will all end in praise,
please did your husband also apply for sowp?

LadyBlaq:

I am preparing my mind for anything, My husband's vsiting visa is still pending decision, 3months and counting now.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 5:59pm On Mar 15, 2022
LadyBlaq:

Thank you so much dear. Kai! God will come through for you by His special grace.

Rejection reasons were: Purpose of visit, family ties to Canada and home country, Travel history. For family ties, I addressed it with assets and his aged father. I stated how he is saddled with the responsibility of taking care of his aged father who is 80 both emotionally and financially.... a lot went into this part I won't lie. Purpose of visit, was to bring my younger son to me and also be able to visit me during his vacation especially during important moments in our lives such as wedding anniversary, birthdays and graduation and to also assist settle my son in with me this period. I didn't do so much with the travel history part, I just stated that he is a family oriented person and has focused on building his own family and taking care of his aged parents all this years.. couple with his own career pursuit so this hasn't given him time to plan a vacation abroad but he is doing it now because it has become necessary to support his wife's dream. With a 7page LOE God came through. He will come through for you ijn. I know how you feel but just hang in there.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2022
MsJanez01:

Thank you so much dear. Kai! God will come through for you by His special grace.

Rejection reasons were: Purpose of visit, family ties to Canada and home country, Travel history. For family ties, I addressed it with assets and his aged father. I stated how he is saddled with the responsibility of taking care of his aged father who is 80 both emotionally and financially.... a lot went into this part I won't lie. Purpose of visit, was to bring my younger son to me and also be able to visit me during his vacation especially during important moments in our lives such as wedding anniversary, birthdays and graduation and to also assist settle my son in with me this period. I didn't do so much with the travel history part, I just stated that he is a family oriented person and has focused on building his own family and taking care of his aged parents all this years.. couple with his own career pursuit so this hasn't given him time to plan a vacation abroad but he is doing it now because it has become necessary to support his wife's dream. With a 7page LOE God came through. He will come through for you ijn. I know how you feel but just hang in there.
Amen!

Wow! 7 pages! My God! As if these things weren't mentioned in the previous SOP.

Is your course a one or two year program? Mine is one year and my study permit is fast approaching expiration.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 7:31pm On Mar 15, 2022
Iffylove:
Hi, It will all end in praise,
please did your husband also apply for sowp?

It will end in praise.

No, he did not.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 7:34pm On Mar 15, 2022
Three months It will soon turn out good for you. Did you apply through the new portal?
LadyBlaq:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by MsJanez01: 7:48pm On Mar 15, 2022
LadyBlaq:

Amen!

Wow! 7 pages! My God! As if these things weren't mentioned in the previous SOP.

Is your course a one or two year program? Mine is one year and my study permit is fast approaching expiration.

I honestly wasn't as detailed in my first application. Mine is 2years. Oh I see your worry. I know God will come through for you. He is always on time. I cant wait to rejoice with you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by sam4774: 9:11pm On Mar 15, 2022
Dual-intent is as the name implies 2 different intents. Visit visa and open work visa are both temporary class applications. The only reason that would make sense that a VO said the application seemed desperate was maybe they sent the SOWP and the Visit visa at the same time. The usual cases that have worked so far is after the SOWP has exceeded application deadline they then apply for Visit visa. I think the best advise (harsh it may sound) is to wait a bit before tendering a visit visa. God will make it easy for us all.

MG007:
Pls house, I got to Canada January this year and decided to apply for SOWP for my wife on 18th Feb, 2022 (barely a month now). But the truth is with all the news m reading here about people waiting close to and more than a year without any response is scary. I am thinking of applying for visitor’s but then again , I saw a recently rejected application with dual intent (SOWP and visitor) here on this same forum. Reason they gave was applicant appeared quite desperate. Pls house, can you advice if I shld still go ahead with the visitor’s application
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by afrobrown2000: 9:19pm On Mar 15, 2022
congratulations pls what did you do different?
MsJanez01:
God has done it!!!!! Husband's VV approved after a rejection in Janaury. Reapplied 3days after and approval just came in
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 12:12am On Mar 16, 2022
jogojogo:
Three months It will soon turn out good for you. Did you apply through the new portal?
I did o, I did.

I hope so, i really hope so
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 12:12am On Mar 16, 2022
MsJanez01:

I honestly wasn't as detailed in my first application. Mine is 2years. Oh I see your worry. I know God will come through for you. He is always on time. I cant wait to rejoice with you

You see?!, The first rejection no bam....These people ehhh!!!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 3:27am On Mar 16, 2022
Which province?

Dukealara:

How much is the required funds for SOWP, Study permit and Visiting visa(2kids) application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dalobaba: 8:38am On Mar 16, 2022
Hello, I’m facing this same issue right now! We’re you able to make payment? How did you solve this issue?

LadyBlaq:

Same issue with Microsoft Edge cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2022
Hello House!
I just got my husband's gcm notes, the pre-assessment note is not looking good. I have basic knowledge on what I have to do to address the home ties, any more advice on what to do next, please?

1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 3:22pm On Mar 16, 2022
dalobaba:
Hello, I’m facing this same issue right now! We’re you able to make payment? How did you solve this issue?

I used another phone for it. Turned out my computer's setting was blocking the payment portal.

I will advice you use your phone or another system for payment.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aykanbi: 3:26pm On Mar 16, 2022
I applied for sowp in may 2021. Background checks going on since last year. With frustration I applied for visiting in January this year. I just got approval for VV today

9 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 4:29pm On Mar 16, 2022
I don't know how quickly that can be. I suggest you upload the necessary update via webform.
I hope it will fly
LadyBlaq:
Hello House!
I just got my husband's gcm notes, the pre-assessment note is not looking good. I have basic knowledge on what I have to do to address the home ties, any more advice on what to do next, please?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jogojogo: 4:30pm On Mar 16, 2022
Congratulations!!!
I like the news
aykanbi:
I applied for sowp in may 2021. Background checks going on since last year. With frustration I applied for visiting in January this year. I just got approval for VV today
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 6:06pm On Mar 16, 2022
LadyBlaq:
Hello House!
How many days did it take to get the notes?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 19CannyMum: 6:46pm On Mar 16, 2022
LadyBlaq:
Hello House!

These people just sit down and make funny suggestions. Sorry I can't make specific suggestions, but this page might be of help

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/eligibility-admissibility-considerations.html

You can also try asking in the students thread to get more responses since that thread is very active.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 7:03pm On Mar 16, 2022
aykanbi:
Congratulations please can i send you a mail to make more inquiries? What now happened to the sowp? Is it still in process or it has been withdrawn?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 7:09pm On Mar 16, 2022
19CannyMum:

These people just sit down and make funny suggestions. Sorry I can't make specific suggestions, but this page might be of help

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/eligibility-admissibility-considerations.html

You can also try asking in the students thread to get more responses since that thread is very active.

Like seriously, I can't believe they are saying these after all the documents I submitted. Anyways, I will reupload those documents and other ones via webform. I will check out the site too.

Thank you.
skull4eva:

How many days did it take to get the notes?
I applied on 11th February and I got it today.

jogojogo:
I don't know how quickly that can be. I suggest you upload the necessary update via webform.
I hope it will fly
I will try to get everything uploaded via webform as soon as I can. I only hope they don't make final decision before I am able to do this.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mymzo48: 7:28pm On Mar 16, 2022
LadyBlaq:

Like seriously, I can't believe they are saying these after all the documents I submitted. Anyways, I will reupload those documents and other ones via webform. I will check out the site too.

Thank you.

I applied on 11th March and I got it today.

I will try to get everything uploaded via webform as soon as I can. I only hope they don't make final decision before I am able to do this.

The GCMS note was fast. Could you please share the link for GCMS notes and did you request it is sent to your email or by post . Thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aykanbi: 7:36pm On Mar 16, 2022
Not withdrawn oh. Still in process
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aykanbi: 7:38pm On Mar 16, 2022
Not withdrawn. Checked again today. Background check still ongoing. No review of eligibility however
skull4eva:

Congratulations please can i send you a mail to make more inquiries? What now happened to the sowp? Is it still in process or it has been withdrawn?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by aykanbi: 7:39pm On Mar 16, 2022
Thank you. May the joy spread around
jogojogo:
Congratulations!!!
I like the news
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LadyBlaq: 7:54pm On Mar 16, 2022
mymzo48:

The GCMS note was fast. Could you please share the link for GCMS notes and did you request it is sent to your email or by post . Thanks
Sorrrrryyyyy. I applied on the 11th of February.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by skull4eva: 9:31pm On Mar 16, 2022
aykanbi:
Not withdrawn. Checked again today. Background check still ongoing. No review of eligibility however
Please can someone add kids to the application for visit for spouse because i am also rhinking to apply for visit for my spouse and kids as soon as possible.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by technix: 10:47pm On Mar 16, 2022
Yes, you can.

skull4eva:

Please can someone add kids to the application for visit for spouse because i am also rhinking to apply for visit for my spouse and kids as soon as possible.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 11:05pm On Mar 16, 2022
Congratulations. My husband's and kids VV was refused last week on family ties and travel history. We submitted for my husband and 2kids on January 21.

For family ties we had explained he is the last and very close to his parents. His aged parents are still very much alive and his 5 siblings too were mentioned. Submitted landed properties too. Employment Letter and leave letter, still it was refused. Anyways we have applied for GCms notes to know exactly what he meant by family ties.

MsJanez01:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2022
LadyBlaq:

Sorrrrryyyyy. I applied on the 11th of February.

I am not praying for a refusal. But I will suggest you apply for another GCms note so that you won't have to waste time to reapply because you would have known the full details Incase it comes out negative. But if it comes out positive, we still thank God and move. Honestly it's good to prepare for both outcomes, pray for the best and expect anything! All the best Sis!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by SweetJJ: 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2022
LadyBlaq:

Thank you.

I applied on 11th February and I got it today.

Please upload all the uploadable, let us know how it goes, all the best Sis. I will suggest you do both webform and email too. Send to London IRCC

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.