Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,134 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803344 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mbogi: 5:06pm On Mar 17, 2017
Wow shocked this is brutal! Inadmissible for just saying "No" instead of "Yes" this people are cruel!
I will advise to get an immigration layer to reply them for you, if your spouse is in Canada, use a layer in Canada because this is a big deal.
I will pray for you and I hope it worked out well for you at the end.

Kc4all:
People in the house i need help here, i just received a letter now stating my application for a temporary resident visa has been denial, because i did not declare the fact i was denial a visa to the USA in 2010 and 2015, but when i was filling the form i answered yes i have been denial, but i did not state the year.Also when i went to VFS that day the guy said there was a mistake on my employment details so i have to go to the cafer outside and fill a new form, maybe i have overlooked the answer in the new form. I have been a member of this thread for 2yrs which i know it straight denial with such mistake.... I applied for SOWP, in the letter i was given 5 days to address the issue, please house advice me on what to do so i can reply them now
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kc4all: 5:43pm On Mar 17, 2017
Mbogi:
Wow shocked this is brutal! Inadmissible for just saying "No" instead of "Yes" this people are cruel!
I will advise to get an immigration layer to reply them for you, if your spouse is in Canada, use a layer in Canada because this is a big deal.
I will pray for you and I hope it worked out well for you at the end.

They gave me 5days to reply to this concern, which i have done. I have to fill another application form for work permit because the VFS officer said i should show what i have been doing in the past 10yrs, so i have to go down the cafer to use there computer to fill in a new form. I was so sure i filled in Yes on the section have you been refused a visa before, my daughter and wife was refused a UK visa and daughter a Canada visitor visa before my wife left for Canada. If i can declare my daughter own why wont i be able to declare mine. I replied them with a copy of my initial application form that the VFS guy rejected showing i replied YES to the question. if i mistakenly choose NO, it think it was duo to mistake because i was in a hurry to meet up with time.

i praying the visa officer forgive me without a ban for 5yrs....I already ask him/her to forgive me. This evening i have been thinking to go relax my friday with some cool drink in the top bar in shoprite ikeja, this people just kill my moral
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 6:16pm On Mar 17, 2017
Am so sorry to hear your ordeal, so have you replied them without a lawyer already?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 6:22pm On Mar 17, 2017
No one is above mistake: even a VO knows that.

An immigration lawyer knows better and can use legal terms to defend your mistake (if you did).

Nevertheless, if you already replied them without some form of legal backing, all the best and hope for a better answer from them.

Kc4all:

They gave me 5days to reply to this concern, which i have done. I have to fill another application form for work permit because the VFS officer said i should show what i have been doing in the past 10yrs, so i have to go down the cafer to use there computer to fill in a new form. I was so sure i filled in Yes on the section have you been refused a visa before, my daughter and wife was refused a UK visa and daughter a Canada visitor visa before my wife left for Canada. If i can declare my daughter own why wont i be able to declare mine. I replied them with a copy of my initial application form that the VFS guy rejected showing i replied YES to the question. if i mistakenly choose NO, it think it was duo to mistake because i was in a hurry to meet up with time.

i praying the visa officer forgive me without a ban for 5yrs....I already ask him/her to forgive me. This evening i have been thinking to go relax my friday with some cool drink in the top bar in shoprite ikeja, this people just kill my moral
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mbogi: 6:35pm On Mar 17, 2017
I really hope it turns out well for you, just for future reference when dealing with a legal matter you don't ask for forgiveness, the officer is not there to grant forgiveness but to do his job, he or she is bound with rules and regulations of which if they do not follow will make them to lose their job. If you say "forgive me" it means you are guilty

You are suppose to come up with a good reason why you said "No" and make them believable.

Be optimistic though because you answered correctly on your daughter's form, I pray that God will make the officer to be considerate.

Kc4all:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kc4all: 8:02pm On Mar 17, 2017
[quote author=Gymme post=54686541]No one is above mistake: even a VO knows that.

An immigration lawyer knows better and can use legal terms to defend your mistake (if you did).

Nevertheless, if you already replied them without some form of legal backing, all the best and hope for a better answer from them.

[/quote

Yes i replied them on my own, 5 calender's days is too small to start looking for a lawyer to reply. I attached copies of the first work permit application i filled which the VFS collecting officer refused to accept and on that form i click Yes i have been refused a USA visa before. since the visa officer requested for any information or document to clear his concern, i think the initial application will play a big part in my defense.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by justicia: 2:59am On Mar 18, 2017
hi all. just to let you all know that my app was refused, saw it on Thursday. Reason: personal assets and financial status and failure to prove relationship with sponsor. but I think all that is crap. I think the real reason is my husband's study permit which will expire in August. when i got my documents back i saw that they actually highlighted the expiration date on his study permit, they must have thought 5 months is too short to grant a work permit for.. I actually thought my app will take 3 to 4 weeks which was the trend in December when I submitted but when it took longer I knew I might have an issue. anyways just to let you all know that paper app is still faster than online. thanks all. moving on to FSWP!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Toluwaase(m): 6:29am On Mar 18, 2017
Hi everyone,

I want to commend everyone on this thread for the information you have been providing with open mind.

I need your advice concerning the application for SOWP for my wife and visitor's visa for my son; What is the possibility of applying for visitor's visa for my one-year-old son alongside my wife's SOWP? How should I go about it?

Is there a need for POF? We have been delaying the application because of POF.

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mrtoke: 8:36am On Mar 18, 2017
Hi all,

I recently got married in a Islamic marriage way but I need an official marriage certificate that can probably be used possibly for future visa purpose.
I'm considering collecting one from my local government registry but I'm bothered if embassies recognize that or it must compulsory come from federal court registry ?Please I kindly need guide from experienced individual here,thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by justicia: 3:28pm On Mar 18, 2017
Toluwaase:
Hi everyone,

I want to commend everyone on this thread for the information you have been providing with open mind.

I need your advice concerning the application for SOWP for my wife and visitor's visa for my son; What is the possibility of applying for visitor's visa for my one-year-old son alongside my wife's SOWP? How should I go about it?

Is there a need for POF? We have been delaying the application because of POF.

Thank you.
I'll advise you show funds that will prove that your wife can take care of herself and the baby before she gets a job in Canada, and to prove that she has a reason to return home because she is doing well at home too... u know SOWP is a temporary status. Even though u know she isn't returning home...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2017
grin
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajaokabir: 10:59pm On Mar 20, 2017
Evening house!!!

Please can anyone assist with a spousal letter of invite sample and possibly reference letter format?

Help a brother ooo
rajkab2007@gmail.com is the mail. Thanks to you all
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cascas: 4:55pm On Mar 23, 2017
hello house please i need your advise on this, i applied for an open work permit on the 17th of feb 2017 ignorantly not knowing i wasnt qualified, myself and my spose reside here in nigeria and we were not informed i did it ignorantly, now that i have been informed, i dont know if it will be possible to withdraw my application or what can i do right now, i did paper application at vfs in lagos and i was told it usually takes 11/12 weeks before its ready, but i wish to withdraw the application.

i will appreciate if anyone can help.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 7:49pm On Mar 23, 2017
You can go back to VFS to withdraw your application. They will tell you how to go about it. Take along your passport, tracking ID (if any) etc with you.

cascas:
hello house please i need your advise on this, i applied for an open work permit on the 17th of feb 2017 ignorantly not knowing i wasnt qualified, myself and my spose reside here in nigeria and we were not informed i did it ignorantly, now that i have been informed, i dont know if it will be possible to withdraw my application or what can i do right now, i did paper application at vfs in lagos and i was told it usually takes 11/12 weeks before its ready, but i wish to withdraw the application.

i will appreciate if anyone can help.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 9:27pm On Mar 23, 2017
Religiously following this thread for quite some weeks and I must say kudos to you guys for the efforts you're all putting to make us all have a good life. Thanks may God reward you all.
However I'm interested in applying for a sowp but I have some peculiar issues that may make or mar my chances though I'm very positive of getting it is gonna end in praise with the assistance I stand to get from the wonderful gurus in the house.

My wife would be flying to canada to begin her MSc with full funding and I intend submit my application immediately she settles down. I currently work as a procurement executive in a company here in Nigeria of which I also undertake construction and in_house projects which has been consistently boosting my personal account through cash advance for the past 9months though I have a different salary account.

Now my worries before preparing my application:

1. My gross yearly salary is around 2.4m and my account balance even in a month can read like 4M. Or do I need to lay claim to have co-founded a company and present just the CAC certificate (thinking of getting it from friend who has a company) to justify been a contract outsourcing firm for my present company.

How do I justify my account balance,? Is there a way I can convince a VO to believe it's my money?

2. Is it also compulsory for my wife to submit her Canadian account statement when she settles or mine would suffice as indicated above?

3. Does she need to rent a bachelor's apartment and send me the evidence of payment before I apply or she can remain in a proposed off-campus shared apartment?

4. What are the chances of applying for study permit inside Canada while on sowp because I intend to do some courses to augment my qualifications to fit in to the Canadian system?

I hope to get this sorted out so as to enable be have a smooth ride through my Trv processing.

Thanks in anticipation and please pardon my ignorance as they say ignorantia legis non excusant grin
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mbogi: 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2017
All you need to apply is her study permit, marriage certificate and a proof that she is a student in Canada. Proof of fund is just an advantage, it's not a main concern, let your company say in a reference letter that they will take you back whenever you return, a job offer in Nigeria is kind of a tie.

You can always apply to change the conditions of your stay in Canada and if you want to apply for a study permit then you will need proof of fund.

Markab:
Religiously following this thread for quite some weeks and I must say kudos to you guys for the efforts you're all putting to make us all have a good life. Thanks may God reward you all.
However I'm interested in applying for a sowp but I have some peculiar issues that may make or mar my chances though I'm very positive of getting it is gonna end in praise with the assistance I stand to get from the wonderful gurus in the house.

My wife would be flying to canada to begin her MSc with full funding and I intend submit my application immediately she settles down. I currently work as a procurement executive in a company here in Nigeria of which I also undertake construction and in_house projects which has been consistently boosting my personal account through cash advance for the past 9months though I have a different salary account.

Now my worries before preparing my application:

1. My gross yearly salary is around 2.4m and my account balance even in a month can read like 4M. Or do I need to lay claim to have co-founded a company and present just the CAC certificate (thinking of getting it from friend who has a company) to justify been a contract outsourcing firm for my present company.

How do I justify my account balance,? Is there a way I can convince a VO to believe it's my money?

2. Is it also compulsory for my wife to submit her Canadian account statement when she settles or mine would suffice as indicated above?

3. Does she need to rent a bachelor's apartment and send me the evidence of payment before I apply or she can remain in a proposed off-campus shared apartment?

4. What are the chances of applying for study permit inside Canada while on sowp because I intend to do some courses to augment my qualifications to fit in to the Canadian system?

I hope to get this sorted out so as to enable be have a smooth ride through my Trv processing.

Thanks in anticipation and please pardon my ignorance as they say ignorantia legis non excusant grin

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajaokabir: 3:30pm On Mar 24, 2017
Thank you sir I'm very grateful

Mbogi:
All you need to apply is her study permit, marriage certificate and a proof that she is a student in Canada. Proof of fund is just an advantage, it's not a main concern, let your company say in a reference letter that they will take you back whenever you return, a job offer in Nigeria is kind of a tie.

You can always apply to change the conditions of your stay in Canada and if you want to apply for a study permit then you will need proof of fund.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 6:51pm On Mar 24, 2017
I'm grateful thanks for the insight. I hope I don't need to explain source of funds

Mbogi:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2017
I sent you a pm

Mbogi:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ekinado: 4:36pm On Mar 25, 2017
Please I want to apply, should I go through paper route or online please I need your advice
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by suziee83: 9:05pm On Mar 25, 2017
Hello house I just got my 1st program study permit extended to November 2017 because of my Co -op program. I intend running my 2nd program by septemeber 2017. Please should my husband apply for a Spouse visa or Visting Visa to Canada because we intend applying next month?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Pinkygrace(f): 9:25pm On Mar 25, 2017
suziee83:
Hello house I just got my 1st program study permit extended to November 2017 because of my Co -op program. I intend running my 2nd program by septemeber 2017. Please should my husband apply for a Spouse visa or Visting Visa to Canada because we intend applying next month?

Better off applying for SOWP, instead of visiting, that what I did for my husband.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 9:39pm On Mar 25, 2017
Gud day madam, can I email you with all due respect?
Pinkygrace:

Better off applying for SOWP, instead of visiting, that what I did for my husband.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 2:52pm On Mar 26, 2017
If everyone keeps sending emails and PMs.... I doubt if others wil gain anything beneficial from the thread because every experiences.. Opinions and suggestions may have been transferred out or shared between just a few..
Let's desist from being selfish and share issues on here appropriately!!!
No wonder it takes a month to fill a single page and so so so much silence.
Your identity is already protected through the use of monikers... Ok!

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ell707: 4:50pm On Mar 26, 2017
Hello house, please I need your help. PLEASE is it possible to appeal after been denied SOWP Visa? Where insufficient funds was the reason for denial. Has anyone appealed before? Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 5:33pm On Mar 26, 2017
I will advice that you shouldn't waste so much money on appeal. I have also heard that it takes a lot of time too. Just repackage your application and work on the reason why you were delayed . My opinion!
Ell707:
Hello house, please I need your help. PLEASE is it possible to appeal after been denied SOWP Visa? Where insufficient funds was the reason for denial. Has anyone appealed before? Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 26, 2017
Ruth222:
I will advice that you shouldn't waste so much money on appeal. I have also heard that it takes a lot of time too. Just repackage your application and work on the reason why you were delayed . My opinion!
Great advise!

@Ell707....you may equally ask your spouse in Canada to apply for GCMS note on your behalf... So you will have full info about the reason for denial and be able to direct your new application appropriately.
What proof of funds did you provide in your last application?
Pls DO NOT forget to declare this or any other Visa refusal in your new application.... Very critical!
Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jpepper: 11:23pm On Mar 26, 2017
suziee83:

Also be informed that for SOWP(not sure about visitor visa), they expect your visa to be valid for at least six months for your husband to be granted a visa(the house can please correct me if I am wrong). Paper method seems to be faster for now so i guess you are better off applying via that route as by my calculation you will have 8 months left before your visa expires if you apply by April. Also bear in mind that even via paper route you cannot be sure of when they will actually review your spouse's application. Just fyi....Good luck with your application
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jpepper: 11:26pm On Mar 26, 2017
kasco2pro:
So I checked my wife's email this morning and I received message from cic after 6months 4 days since biometrics. I checked her profile and she's asked to provide medicals again. And a medical report form which shows her bio info. is included in their message

Hello @kasco2pro, any news after your medicals?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kasco2pro: 4:55am On Mar 27, 2017
Hi Jpepper,
I have bad and good news.
The Bad- No response sad
It seems these officers are concentrating on something else. I sent them an email referencing another medical my wife did in January for express entry. I sent Ghana cic an email says it was full and can't accept any more messages . Sent emails to cic lagos & by specific case but still no response undecided.

The Good - Another door opens shocked
Fortunately for my wife and I, we were approved PR visa last Friday - I couldn't be any happier. She wouldn't be needing SOWP anymore and they can reply whenever they want grin.

I just hope they process WP applications faster in weeks to come, life is hard already for young couples.

jpepper:

Hello @kasco2pro, any news after your medicals?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 6:04am On Mar 27, 2017
kasco2pro:
Hi Jpepper,
I have bad and good news.
The Bad- No response sad
It seems these officers are concentrating on something else. I sent them an email referencing another medical my wife did in January for express entry. I sent Ghana cic an email says it was full and can't accept any more messages . Sent emails to cic lagos & by specific case but still no response undecided.

The Good - Another door opens shocked
Fortunately for my wife and I, we were approved PR visa last Friday - I couldn't be any happier. She wouldn't be needing SOWP anymore and they can reply whenever they want grin.

I just hope they process WP applications faster in weeks to come, life is hard already for young couples.

Congratulations friend!!!
The same way you have linked the good and bad news is the way CIC have linked your applications. Don't always think the western world are like most African countries; they have and keep records.... That's their strength!!
I am not sure you should be expecting response from any other applications.
Just focus on the good news and progress... Happy for you!
Kindly share your details and profile cos that's the reason the thread exists and you can make it stronger.... Did you apply for EE while on studies or ?..
Regards.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.