Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (803498 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (385) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by paparazzi1987(m): 11:51pm On Mar 05, 2017
VEIL1234:
Following from the trend. Paper application has been faster than whatever you see quoted as processing times. I am aware that you can request for your passport if you need it before a decision is made but I am not sure how it works yet. Whichever way, once you submit your original passport and you do not request for it before a decision is made, It will remain with them till they are done processing, however long it takes.

FACT!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajaokabir: 6:30am On Mar 06, 2017
Hello powerful gurus, I have been a silent follower on this thread. I need your advice, my wife's study permit application has just been approved to study at Western on scholarship, however I'm considering applying for SOWP but confused on when to file in my application.

Can I file in my documents or wait until she gets to Canada before submitting my SOWP application?

Please advise.

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 8:15am On Mar 06, 2017
Gymme:
When you say you indicated on your online application that you were engaged, i'm not really sure what option you chose as your marital status.

Anyways, if you got married before your study permit was approved (while your application was still in process), please let IRCC know before you leave Nigeria.

If after approval you got married, also let them know before you leave Nigeria.

#My2Cents.

Common law. It's a relationship status which mean two people of same or opposite who are ina congugal relationship living together for over a year. Being engaged qualifies as a common law
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 8:19am On Mar 06, 2017
ajaokabir:
Hello powerful gurus, I have been a silent follower on this thread. I need your advice, my wife's study permit application has just been approved to study at Western on scholarship, however I'm considering applying for SOWP but confused on when to file in my application.

Can I file in my documents or wait until she gets to Canada before submitting my SOWP application?

Please advise.

Thank you
File as soon as she gets to canny. D earlier d better, just make ur sop very compelling

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 3:35pm On Mar 06, 2017
He never said common law though! Being 'engaged' is not a relationship status in Canada without any LEGAL paper.

Besides, to qualify for common law is not just about living together. Paper work is needed as proof.

iamosamede55:

Common law. It's a relationship status which mean two people of same or opposite who are ina congugal relationship living together for over a year. Being engaged qualifies as a common law
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 4:54pm On Mar 06, 2017
Gymme:
He never said common law though! Being 'engaged' is not a relationship status in Canada without any LEGAL paper.

Besides, to qualify for common law is not just about living together. Paper work is needed as proof.

Sure paper work is needed to proof it. But when a Nigerian tells you he is engaged i think it qualifies as such. In my opinion if u ticked common law status while applying for study permit and u eventually got married before it was approved. There's no need flogging a dead horse by revisiting it in ur owp application. D fact dat it was dere just doesnt raise an eye brow. Ur marriage certificate is ok..
Just reference it in ur sop
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 5:02pm On Mar 06, 2017
Gymme:

Well living together is enough proof as long as u csn show it.. Probably with ur mailing address on documentation and word of mouth in form of referencing.. ( for example the address in your bank account)....
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by suziee83: 7:35pm On Mar 06, 2017
Hi everyone here, Please I need information on police clearance for spousal work permit and where should it be address to?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by iamosamede55: 8:04pm On Mar 06, 2017
suziee83:
Hi everyone here, Please I need information on police clearance for spousal work permit and where should it be address to?
If u r in lagos go to alagbon in ikoyi. It used to be 7k. Heard it's nw 12, don't knw hw true
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adedoyen: 8:16pm On Mar 06, 2017
suziee83:
I did mine 2 weeks ago at alagbon. I was billed 5k5 but I later paid 4k5.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by suziee83: 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2017
Where should the police clearance be address it to?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adedoyen: 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2017
suziee83:
Where should the police clearance be address it to?
It's not a letter it's a certificate. You will be asked where you would be travelling to when you get there.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 7:57pm On Mar 08, 2017
Good Evening house, this house is quiet o! No updates? It is well o!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by paparazzi1987(m): 9:03pm On Mar 08, 2017
VEIL1234:
Good Evening house, this house is quiet o! No updates? It is well o!

Don't worry updated will start flowing soon wink
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 10:24pm On Mar 08, 2017
Amen!!!
paparazzi1987:

Don't worry updated will start flowing soon wink
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 7:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
Nawa oo, shey CIC don forget us ni.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by paparazzi1987(m): 3:58am On Mar 11, 2017
jobmman:
Nawa oo, shey CIC don forget us ni.

Even paper route sef nothing embarassed
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajaokabir: 9:20am On Mar 11, 2017
Hello Expert,

I'm planning to submit a trv application for SOWP in few months time. My wife is currently studying in Ontario for a 2year MSc. Im just thinking that after her program in 2019, hopefully I should be there by then, what happens to my SOWP, can it be extended inside Canada if she is given PGWP? Or I need to return to Nigeria until she gets a job with her PGWP before asking for extension.

Respected TRV doctors and nurses, Kindly help out in answering this burning question to assist me and other TRV hopefuls in planning for the future.

Thank you and stay blessed
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mbogi: 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2017
Your SOWP will expire the exact same date her study permit will expire.
You can extend your SOWP if she get PGWP and is working in a job with NOC A, 0 or B.

My advise is to make sure she gets a job in this NOC before you apply for PGWP and don't forget that she has 90days to apply PGWP from the day of graduation

You do not have to return to Nigeria if your SOWP expires and you are not able to extend it, you can apply to change the condition of your stay like going back to school and working 20 hours a week or get a visitor visa and not able to work at all. or you can even find an employer who will get you an LMIA so you can get a work permit on your own. You might even qualify for express entry with your Canadian work experience when your wife was studying( make sure that your job during that time will get you into express entry)

There are lots off options, Stay optimistic!

ajaokabir:
Hello Expert,

I'm planning to submit a trv application for SOWP in few months time. My wife is currently studying in Ontario for a 2year MSc. Im just thinking that after her program in 2019, hopefully I should be there by then, what happens to my SOWP, can it be extended inside Canada if she is given PGWP? Or I need to return to Nigeria until she gets a job with her PGWP before asking for extension.

Respected TRV doctors and nurses, Kindly help out in answering this burning question to assist me and other TRV hopefuls in planning for the future.

Thank you and stay blessed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajaokabir: 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2017
Thanks very much. Optimism is the spirit then

Mbogi:

You can extend your SOWP if she get PGWP and is working in a job with NOC A, 0 or B.

My advise is to make sure she gets a job in this NOC before you apply for PGWP and don't forget that she has 90days to apply PGWP from the day of graduation

You do not have to return to Nigeria if your SOWP expires and you are not able to extend it, you can apply to change the condition of your stay like going back to school and working 20 hours a week or get a visitor visa and not able to work at all. or you can even find an employer who will get you an LMIA so you can get a work permit on your own. You might even qualify for express entry with your Canadian work experience when your wife was studying( make sure that your job during that time will get you into express entry)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 6:37pm On Mar 11, 2017
... But why is there no single update, is it dat they ve abandoned our apps? Nawa ooo
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajaokabir: 7:21pm On Mar 11, 2017
I pmed you boss

Mbogi:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 15, 2017
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 7:59am On Mar 15, 2017
Wow! It's well with our applications
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajaokabir: 3:40pm On Mar 15, 2017
A quick one sir. Can I use a co-sponsor for my SOWP application in case I don't have sufficient balance in account as proof of funds? Is this acceptable? Please help!

Thank you

Mbogi:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajaokabir: 3:41pm On Mar 15, 2017
A quick one sir. Can I use a co-sponsor for my SOWP application in case I don't have sufficient balance in account as proof of funds? Is this acceptable? Please help!

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mbogi: 8:09pm On Mar 15, 2017
You do not need proof of fund for SOWP, in online application there is no provision for you to attach it, but I will advise you attach it if you have it in the optional section.

You need a sponsor if you are coming to study and your sponsor will pay your school fee.

Just add your available fund and if you have letter of explanation just say you will live with your spouse which is obvious.

You do not need a sponsor for SOWP smiley

ajaokabir:

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ajaokabir: 7:55am On Mar 16, 2017
Bigger you I pray, gracias senor!

Mbogi:
You do not need proof of fund for SOWP, in online application there is no provision for you to attach it, but I will advise you attach it if you have it in the optional section.

You need a sponsor if you are coming to study and your sponsor will pay your school fee.

Just add your available fund and if you have letter of explanation just say you will live with your spouse which is obvious.

You do not need a sponsor for SOWP smiley

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kc4all: 1:46pm On Mar 17, 2017
o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Kc4all: 2:08pm On Mar 17, 2017
People in the house i need help here, i just received a letter now stating my application for a temporary resident visa has been denial, because i did not declare the fact i was denial a visa to the USA in 2010 and 2015, but when i was filling the form i answered yes i have been denial, but i did not state the year.Also when i went to VFS that day the guy said there was a mistake on my employment details so i have to go to the cafer outside and fill a new form, maybe i have overlooked the answer in the new form. I have been a member of this thread for 2yrs which i know it straight denial with such mistake.... I applied for SOWP, in the letter i was given 5 days to address the issue, please house advice me on what to do so i can reply them now
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by fulladder: 4:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
Hi, i applied sowp online in October 10, 2016. just got an update today on my "Final decision" section on cic page, from "Not started" to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.".
Please i want to know what it actually mean? Does it mean they have started looking at my file or does it apply to everyone as a general update? Dnt understand. Thanks.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mbogi: 5:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
It means that you are in the queue like the rest of us, an update was made to their system and the whole wordings changed.

fulladder:
Hi, i applied sowp online in October 10, 2016. just got an update today on my "Final decision" section on cic page, from "Not started" to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.".
Please i want to know what it actually mean? Does it mean they have started looking at my file or does it apply to everyone as a general update? Dnt understand. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (385) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.