Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,930 members, 7,828,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (808111 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 5:12pm On Apr 06, 2017
Hello. Please how can I reach you please? I don't mind your email address. It's really important. Thanks a lot
kasco2pro:
Thank you.

Well, I don't know of any one that got PPR within one month. Medicals takes atleast 1month, background could be about a month or more afterwards and finally passport request.
But I think there is more emphasis in landing more immigrants this year and years to come. Thus, the rapid rate of application processing.

Timeline:
Worker
CEC Inland
ITA: Jan 4th
AOR: Jan 29th
MEDIC: Feb 28th
BCKGRND/DECLR form REQ: Mar 20th
BCKGRND/DECLR form SUBMT:Mar 23rd
PPR:Mar 23rd

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Psalt(f): 1:22am On Apr 07, 2017
I have been a silent reader until I asked a question in January about how to update my 28week old application with my husband's renewed study permit (as the old one was going to expire in March).
Well, I got good news!!!
After two previous visa denials and a wait of 33weeks and 4days on my third application I got the Long awaited visa.

-Application submitted : July 28, 2016
-Did biometrics : July 29th 2016
-Updated hubby's new study permit : Jan 16, 2017
-Medical request : February 14 (Most wonderful Val gift I got from God...Yay!!! )
- Did Medicals : Feb 15
-Passed Medicals : Feb 17
-Passport request : Feb 23 ( I booked my flight the same day...hahahaha, couldn't wait no more)
-Passport pick up : Feb 28...
Got my Work permit and social insurance no at the point of entry.
I entered prepared with our wedding album & frames, my correspondence letter, wedding cert, hubby's renewed study permit, hubby's visa page and data page and several other documents, hoping to give the immigration officer anyone he wants... alas ! He only asked to see hubby's study permit and then it was welcome to Canada...lol.

To those who have been denied, please don't give up,
To those still waiting don't be discouraged because when I got here I realised the wait was worth.

Here are the supporting documents I submitted with my application :
- My LOE
- Hubby's LOE
- Wedding pictures & our Old pictures
- Wedding certificate
- Hubby's Car registration
- Hubby's phone bill
- Hubby's statement of account
- Hubby's data page, visa page & study permit
- Hubby's confirmation of enrollment in school
- My Letter of employment
- Introduction letter from my employer
- 3 months pay slip from my work
- My ID from work
- My landed property
- My birth certificate
- My bank statement of account (indicated in my LOE a particular amount that hubby sent ahead for my flight expenses n miscellaneous).

Beyond all these documents, it was God that did it because I submitted necessary documents in my previous applications.
God never fails... tho his promises may tarry yet he makes all things beautiful in His own time.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by kasco2pro: 2:11am On Apr 07, 2017
Hi, it's better you tread with caution. I tried checking the address on Google map. It looks like the structure on that particular plot is a club house. And the surrounding area looks residential to me. Secondly, I found this job ad with the same address used by another company.
https://jobclassified.ca/cities/jobs-in-montr%C3%A9al/

ridwanshittuyahoocom:
pls,I need quick response to this my question, anybody in Canada DAT can help me to check this company in Canada aqua daylight seafood and farm corp, address and their service someone,mean an agent in Canada help me to apply for job there and we have Skype interview and after four days we received offer letter from the company and we are ask to pay 260dollas for CAQ,pls b4 I make the payment I need to confirm if it is not a scam pls I need people opinion on this.pls and address I found is 12530 Rue Crevier Montreal, QCH4K1R3,Canada

1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sarang(f): 3:51am On Apr 07, 2017
It is illegal in Canada to take money from someone in offer of employment.

That is a scam.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mbogi: 4:11am On Apr 07, 2017
You should trust your agent, it's possible that the money is for LMIA, CAD260 is nothing if they will get you an LMIA

Sarang:

That is a scam.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 7:00am On Apr 07, 2017
Psalt:
I have been a silent reader until I asked a question in January about how to update my 28week old application with my husband's renewed study permit (as the old one was going to expire in March).
Well, I got good news!!!
After two previous visa denials and a wait of 33weeks and 4days on my third application I got the Long awaited visa.

-Application submitted : July 28, 2016
-Did biometrics : July 29th 2016
-Updated hubby's new study permit : Jan 16, 2017
-Medical request : February 14 (Most wonderful Val gift I got from God...Yay!!! )
- Did Medicals : Feb 15
-Passed Medicals : Feb 17
-Passport request : Feb 23 ( I booked my flight the same day...hahahaha, couldn't wait no more)
-Passport pick up : Feb 28...
Got my Work permit and social insurance no at the point of entry.
I entered prepared with our wedding album & frames, my correspondence letter, wedding cert, hubby's renewed study permit, hubby's visa page and data page and several other documents, hoping to give the immigration officer anyone he wants... alas ! He only asked to see hubby's study permit and then it was welcome to Canada...lol.

To those who have been denied, please don't give up,
To those still waiting don't be discouraged because when I got here I realised the wait was worth.

Here are the supporting documents I submitted with my application :
- My LOE
- Hubby's LOE
- Wedding pictures & our Old pictures
- Wedding certificate
- Hubby's Car registration
- Hubby's phone bill
- Hubby's statement of account
- Hubby's data page, visa page & study permit
- Hubby's confirmation of enrollment in school
- My Letter of employment
- Introduction letter from my employer
- 3 months pay slip from my work
- My ID from work
- My landed property
- My birth certificate
- My bank statement of account (indicated in my LOE a particular amount that hubby sent ahead for my flight expenses n miscellaneous).

Beyond all these documents, it was God that did it because I submitted necessary documents in my previous applications.
God never fails... tho his promises may tarry yet he makes all things beautiful in His own time.

Aww... What a happy ending!!!
Sweet delay!!... Hnnmmm no wonder.. Your update had to wait until you entered canny.. grin shocked... Nice one!! Congratulations i am happy for you.
Please... Were your 2 previous applications SOWP? and What were the reasons for refusals? We need sufficient info on this thread please..

Meanwhile send me your address... I like celebration cakes... shocked
Regards.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 3bby: 7:43am On Apr 07, 2017
Hi guys,
I have been a silent follower of this thread since February. Applied online with upfront medicals using hubby's PGWP and my application was approved. Here are other details :
26th Nov - Submitted online
29th Nov - Biometrics
28th Mar - Passport request

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 8:18am On Apr 07, 2017
3bby:
Hi guys,
I have been a silent follower of this thread since February. Applied online with upfront medicals using hubby's PGWP and my application was approved. Here are other details :
29th Nov - Biometrics
Ohhh... Nice to hear this!!!
Early morning good news!!!
Many congratulations to you.
Kindly share your profile and all documents submitted... We'll love to read from you.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ziddie(f): 8:37am On Apr 07, 2017
Please i need an advise.......my fiancee will be returning for our intro n court wedding by june,and he intends to apply for me to join him.....he will be rounding up his 2yrs master studies in august...he is currently working alongside school......please house,what n what do i nid to start considering......thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 8:38am On Apr 07, 2017
Congrats my dear sister. Can you please intimate us with the documents you submitted?

It shall end in praise by God's grace

3bby:
Hi guys,
29th Nov - Biometrics
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ridwanshittuyahoocom: 9:37am On Apr 07, 2017
Mbogi:
You should trust your agent, it's possible that the money is for LMIA, CAD260 is nothing if they will get you an LMIA

bros thanks for ur respond, pls what shld I do now,shld I pay him d money and av faith or forget abt it
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ridwanshittuyahoocom: 9:40am On Apr 07, 2017
Sarang:

That is a scam.
bros appreciate ur concern shld I pay d money to him or forget abt it, ur advice on dis is very very important
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by 3bby: 10:38am On Apr 07, 2017
Folaroyal:

Ohhh... Nice to hear this!!!
Early morning good news!!!
Many congratulations to you.
Kindly share your profile and all documents submitted... We'll love to read from you.
Regards.
Here is a list of the documents I submitted :
All the cic forms
Marriage certificate
Change of name documents
Police report
Proof of medicals I did
All my educational certificates
Reference from my employer
My offer letter
Statement of account (mine)
Home ties (land & hubby's family company documents)
His payslips
SOP
Copy of his data page and visa page
Copy of his work permit
Some pictures of us
Letter from his employer
My data page
Other stamped pages on my passport
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Psalt(f): 1:32pm On Apr 07, 2017
My two previously denied applications were for study permit and on each occasion the gave a major reason that they were not convinced that I ll return to naija (my beloved naija that I miss already) and other small small reasons like home ties and insufficient funds. Funny enuf dos documents I submitted back then seemed comprehensive and better than the ones I submitted in my last application (e.g : Dia was more money in my account in d two previously denied applications (money I could account for) , I had my corporate affairs commission cert ... etc) Which is why I attributed the last application success to God. I hope I was able to answer your question.
As for updating here nairaland, I had no time to do dat out of overexcitment and d fact dat I had just few days to prepare for my journey and when I got here it took me a while to get it my head that I'm finally where I am supposed to be...lol. So make una pardon my late update.
Folaroyal:

Aww... What a happy ending!!!
Sweet delay!!... Hnnmmm no wonder.. Your update had to wait until you entered canny.. grin shocked... Nice one!! Congratulations i am happy for you.
Please... Were your 2 previous applications SOWP? and What were the reasons for refusals? We need sufficient info on this thread please..

Meanwhile send me your address... I like celebration cakes... shocked
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 07, 2017
Psalt:
My two previously denied applications were for study permit and on each occasion the gave a major reason that they were not convinced that I ll return to naija (my beloved naija that I miss already) and other small small reasons like home ties and insufficient funds. Funny enuf dos documents I submitted back then seemed comprehensive and better than the ones I submitted in my last application (e.g : Dia was more money in my account in d two previously denied applications (money I could account for) , I had my corporate affairs commission cert ... etc) Which is why I attributed the last application success to God. I hope I was able to answer your question..

Many thanks and well said.
Meanwhile it would ordinarily be difficult to secure a study visa while your spouse is also on same kind of permit... Except of course your details was not already shared on the family form.
Congrats again... Trust you'll realise now that the stress was worth it.
Regards

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 07, 2017
Psalt:
My two previously denied applications were for study permit and on each occasion the gave a major reason that they were not convinced that I ll return to naija (my beloved naija that I miss already) and other small small reasons like home ties and insufficient funds. Funny enuf dos documents I submitted back then seemed comprehensive and better than the ones I submitted in my last application (e.g : Dia was more money in my account in d two previously denied applications (money I could account for) , I had my corporate affairs commission cert ... etc) Which is why I attributed the last application success to God. I hope I was able to answer your question..

Many thanks and well said.
Meanwhile it would ordinarily be difficult to secure a study visa while your spouse is also on same kind of permit... Except of course your details was not already shared on your partner's family form.
Congrats again..and good luck!!.
Trust you'll realise now that the stress was worth it.
Regards

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sumptuous12345: 3:27pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hello folks im new here though i have been following the Sowp thread since last january..please i need a sample of LOE...i need to apply this month for the Sowp..trusting God for speed o..paper application.pls pm me folks..thank y'all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sumptuous12345: 3:38pm On Apr 07, 2017
shocked
Sumptuous12345:
Hello folks im new here though i have been following the Sowp thread since last january..please i need a sample of LOE...i need to apply this month for the Sowp..trusting God for speed o..paper application.pls pm me folks..thank y'all.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 5:28pm On Apr 07, 2017
When will his current study permit expire?

ziddie:
Please i need an advise.......my fiancee will be returning for our intro n court wedding by june,and he intends to apply for me to join him.....he will be rounding up his 2yrs master studies in august...he is currently working alongside school......please house,what n what do i nid to start considering......thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ifyese: 6:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hello house
Am just curious, of the 3 panel physicians in lagos where is the best place for medicals..
also which of then send medicals results on time
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bioben: 8:10pm On Apr 07, 2017
passport request

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ifyese: 8:24pm On Apr 07, 2017
Where did u do ur medicals
Bioben:
passport request
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bioben: 8:47pm On Apr 07, 2017
last week Thursday! at children practice lagos
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ruth222: 9:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
Congratulations
Bioben:
passport request

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ekinado: 9:02pm On Apr 07, 2017
Good evening Guys! please the my SOA, does it have to be upto 4months? or can 1month do? please its urgent, I need your candid advice, thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Vitaliy006: 9:45pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ifyese:
Hello house
Am just curious, of the 3 panel physicians in lagos where is the best place for medicals..
also which of then send medicals results on time

I went to Q-life on Tuesday and they told me I can't walk in that I need to book an appointment and the earliest I can get is 24th of April except she squeez me in for Wedessday next week, which she did, in fact I even forgot I have alternatives.
I called children practice and they said I can walk in between 8-10am and I went there on Wednesday morning, very early.
They are very okay and it's 28,050. If you have tattoo or tribal mark, you will pay additional 20,750. lool, I had to pay cos I have tribal mark. They said they will upload within 3-5workings,
q-life upload within 3 working days but booking an appointment... No time!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Principessa0: 11:50pm On Apr 07, 2017
Hello guys,
I'm very sorry for being "silent" for the past months since I received my Work permit. I was busy adjusting to work and the staying warm. What's the update? I will be happy to answer questions on here that I can. Ruth222 any news yet?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by paparazzi1987(m): 6:41am On Apr 08, 2017
Vitaliy006:

I went to Q-life on Tuesday and they told me I can't walk in that I need to book an appointment and the earliest I can get is 24th of April except she squeez me in for Wedessday next week, which she did, in fact I even forgot I have alternatives.
I called children practice and they said I can walk in between 8-10am and I went there on Wednesday morning, very early.
They are very okay and it's 28,050. If you have tattoo or tribal mark, you will pay additional 20,750. lool, I had to pay cos I have tribal mark. They said they will upload within 3-5workings,
q-life upload within 3 working days but booking an appointment... No time!

I paid extra 20k for my tribal mark too. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ekinado: 6:42am On Apr 08, 2017
Principessa0:
Hello guys,
I'm very sorry for being "silent" for the past months since I received my Work permit. I was busy adjusting to work and the staying warm. What's the update? I will be happy to answer questions on here that I can. Ruth222 any news yet?
please the my SOA, does it have tobe upto 4months? or can 1month do? please its urgent,I need your candid advice, thanks
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ziddie(f): 12:01pm On Apr 08, 2017
Gymme:
When will his current study permit expire?

thanks for been concerned.....it will expire in august
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Sarang(f): 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2017
ridwanshittuyahoocom:
bros appreciate ur concern shld I pay d money to him or forget abt it, ur advice on dis is very very important

Tell them if it is for LMIA tell them you will pay it when you arrive. I do not think you should pay money to people you do not know.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Gymme(m): 10:02pm On Apr 08, 2017
If his study permit will expire August (same month when he will complete his Masters) and you will be getting married in June, i would advise you wait until he gets his Post Graduate Work Permit before you apply for SOWP.

ziddie:
thanks for been concerned.....it will expire in august

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.